[rom] miui 2.4.20

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I really like this ROM but getting a lot of reboots. I know with my Nexus raising voltages a little usually fixes this but can't do it with this kernel I guess. Also after booting up it always asks for sim unlock password even though it is disabled. I think this is it so far for bugs but the rebooting is happening much too often, especially after opening facebook. Can someone confirm if we should flash the wifi zip? I might have to flash back to bumblebee for now, or something else not sure what. I will change the governor see if it helps. Seems I have reboots with all the ROM's but this MIUI is more often. Thanks everybody and Zuk for sharing your work much appreciated.

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
I really like this ROM but getting a lot of reboots. I know with my Nexus raising voltages a little usually fixes this but can't do it with this kernel I guess. Also after booting up it always asks for sim unlock password even though it is disabled. I think this is it so far for bugs but the rebooting is happening much too often, especially after opening facebook. Can someone confirm if we should flash the wifi zip? I might have to flash back to bumblebee for now, or something else not sure what. I will change the governor see if it helps. Seems I have reboots with all the ROM's but this MIUI is more often. Thanks everybody and Zuk for sharing your work much appreciated.

Its not happen to me... yes sometimes it reboot, especially if i browse internet too long, but its already happen since i was using gb 2.3.4 mi410 stock rom, its not abt the rom, its bcoz of the stock browser.

The original u8800 dev for this rom had came out with patch to stop that password request, but i get to repack it first if we want to use it. Overall i think this rom is more stable than my latest lewa

Sent from my Huawei Ideos X6 using xda premium

Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Its not happen to me... yes sometimes it reboot, especially if i browse internet too long, but its already happen since i was using gb 2.3.4 mi410 stock rom, its not abt the rom, its bcoz of the stock browser.

The original u8800 dev for this rom had came out with patch to stop that password request, but i get to repack it first if we want to use it. Overall i think this rom is more stable than my latest lewa

I was just using stock browser and didn't get a reboot, but wasn't using it long, I am now getting a reboot everytime I open the facebook app. So you don't think it is cause of kernel voltages? Usually raising them 15 stops the reboots. Also do you recommend flashing that wifi zip?

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
I was just using stock browser and didn't get a reboot, but wasn't using it long, I am now getting a reboot everytime I open the facebook app. So you don't think it is cause of kernel voltages? Usually raising them 15 stops the reboots. Also do you recommend flashing that wifi zip?

im opening fb now, not rebooting, normal. surfing fb, also normal, im not yet changing the wifi module

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
im opening fb now, not rebooting, normal. surfing fb, also normal, im not yet changing the wifi module

Yeah well it is only occasionally. It has stopped rebooting for now but before it rebooted about 6 times in a row. I was getting occasional reboots with bumblebee as well. I wiped all and formatted before flashing so It shouldn't be because of a dirty flash. I believe it is the kernel. Seems we could use a good kernel dev. Not sure if we do, not too familiar with everyone. We have some amazing kernels for nexus s with many features. We are just limited here because of the popularity of the phone. Thanks Bud, I switched my Governor for now will see if that helps.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Reboots seem to have stopped for a while, haven't had any I don't think for a day. Would be nice to get rid of that sim password check. ROM has been running really good so far.

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
Reboots seem to have stopped for a while, haven't had any I don't think for a day. Would be nice to get rid of that sim password check. ROM has been running really good so far.

nice. when scanning for networks do they show up as Unknown? also are you facing the Unknown carrier on status bar? ._.

Apart from that, everything else is good right? ie no incoming call volume, no random reboots that are too frequent..

from what I see this is probably the most stable MIUI rom for our device so far.. hopefully it is what it seems to be.

btw scheduler must use cfq? cuz im using noop or sio at the moment.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
nice. when scanning for networks do they show up as Unknown? also are you facing the Unknown carrier on status bar? ._.

Apart from that, everything else is good right? ie no incoming call volume, no random reboots that are too frequent..

from what I see this is probably the most stable MIUI rom for our device so far.. hopefully it is what it seems to be.

btw scheduler must use cfq? cuz im using noop or sio at the moment.

I'm sorry I just seen your questions, been away from here for a bit. I flashed this for my mom and she claims the reboots have stopped. It must have settled in very nicely lol. She has been happy with it, no issues that she can tell but she does not do or know much lol. Every ROM I have used here has the unknown carrier issue. Not sure about incoming call volume either she is a texter Lol. I will have to test it for her.

uemuem

Jul 29, 2009
Shanghai
All credits go to sbasil for his u8800 rom. I just port his rom to our device.

Credit also to llorn & mantera for mOCk kernel.

And to whyzee too. :)

Download the rom here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/OECg-QtB/Miui_2420_U9000_Multilingual_R.html

Steps of installation:
1. Do a full wipe
2. Flash the rom
3. Flash mOCk kernel: http://www.4shared.com/zip/7f-EiXM9/mOCkv1612.html
4. Boot the system
5. Let the booting process settle down
6. After the rom has been properly booted up, go to cwm again
7. Wipe dalvik & cache, reboot system again (if not do this, not all apps will appear on screen)
8. ENJOYYY
9. Now u can go to x5 setting & change i/o scheduler to cfq, default one (noop) is for u8800, sometime its not stable

Details & screenshots can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22185145

KEY FEATURES

• Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
  • & ret4rt's .35 MIUI (libs)
  • Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf mOCk 1.6.12
  • ext4 filesystem
  • Bravia engine (for better photos)
  • vsync on (fps locked)
  • USB tethering works
  • Native WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
  • 14 languages (apps included)
  • 4-way-reboot menu
  • Extended settings
  • X5 Settings
  • Skip tracks via volume press
  • Two themes [default & default dark]
  • [icons from Desire Z's MIUI Strawmetal.Mi]
  • 2 camera apps [MIUI & CM7 cam]
  • Gallery 3D
  • DSP Manager

Cool features you may not have noticed:

• Torch on lockscreen (press home button on lockscreen for a flashlight)
  • Music player on lockscreen (double tap on the round lock icon and music player controls will appear)

Note:
1. Gps working but locking better with whyzee patch frm edowar's cm7
2. I hv asked whyzee help to fix the headset, or maybe ck/fr already hv the patch

Headset fix by whyzee: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25123240

It's so good!Incoming call valume is loud.
but it eat battery so fast,one night need about 20%,other miui rom only 2%~5%...
any idea?
front camera has bug too

and could you please share the GPS patch?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credits go to sbasil for his u8800 rom. I just port his rom to our device.

Credit also to llorn & mantera for mOCk kernel.

And to whyzee too. :)

Download the rom here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/OECg-QtB/Miui_2420_U9000_Multilingual_R.html

Steps of installation:
    1. Do a full wipe
    2. Flash the rom
    3. Flash mOCk kernel: http://www.4shared.com/zip/7f-EiXM9/mOCkv1612.html
    4. Boot the system
    5. Let the booting process settle down
    6. After the rom has been properly booted up, go to cwm again
    7. Wipe dalvik & cache, reboot system again (if not do this, not all apps will appear on screen)
    8. ENJOYYY
    9. Now u can go to x5 setting & change i/o scheduler to cfq, default one (noop) is for u8800, sometime its not stable

Details & screenshots can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22185145

KEY FEATURES

• Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
    • & ret4rt's .35 MIUI (libs)
    • Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf mOCk 1.6.12
    • ext4 filesystem
    • Bravia engine (for better photos)
    • vsync on (fps locked)
    • USB tethering works
    • Native WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
    • 14 languages (apps included)
    • 4-way-reboot menu
    • Extended settings
    • X5 Settings
    • Skip tracks via volume press
    • Two themes [default & default dark]
    • [icons from Desire Z's MIUI Strawmetal.Mi]
    • 2 camera apps [MIUI & CM7 cam]
    • Gallery 3D
    • DSP Manager

Cool features you may not have noticed:

• Torch on lockscreen (press home button on lockscreen for a flashlight)
    • Music player on lockscreen (double tap on the round lock icon and music player controls will appear)

Note:
    1. Gps working but locking better with whyzee patch frm edowar's cm7
    2. I hv asked whyzee help to fix the headset, or maybe ck/fr already hv the patch

Headset fix by whyzee: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25123240

tried flash this WiFi patch...this is wifi file for kernal mock..
    Wait for whyzee

headset fix - tested to be working
    (note:size is around 811kB. sometimes xda gives you 554B sized dummy files)
    Wait for whyzee

You can read at my Dumies Guide thread, everything including tools and how to fix headset already there.

Sent from my CSL-MI410 @CKMIUI 2.4.13 using Tapatalk