[DEV] CyanogenMod 10.2

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
I thought I would share an update on how this very experimental code-base is doing.

The code is running again (much of yesterday it was crashing on startup).

I have been running dirty flashing from my CM 10.1 build. It seems like that was safe to do so. I tried doing a clean flash this morning but sadly, my clean flash seems to have broken cell service. No phone or data. Restoring my cm 10.1 backup of data to the same install fixed it. Strange. (This included the change pushed this morning that updates the version of the apns file).

Superuser is now working but may be a little flaky. For example, on my clean install Titanium Backup couldn't acquire root access until after I rebooted.

Camera is still not working. It says "failed to connect to camera". I haven't looked at it at all, but there is a massive commit in the M7 kernel pulling source from the HTC One Google Edition for the camera.

Overall, I'm finding it's either completely broken or working very well. I think that the cellular network issue is going to get resolved upstream. I am afraid that we might be on our own for the camera.

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
I thought I would share an update on how this very experimental code-base is doing.

The code is running again (much of yesterday it was crashing on startup).

I have been running dirty flashing from my CM 10.1 build. It seems like that was safe to do so. I tried doing a clean flash this morning but sadly, my clean flash seems to have broken cell service. No phone or data. Restoring my cm 10.1 backup of data to the same install fixed it. Strange. (This included the change pushed this morning that updates the version of the apns file).

Superuser is now working but may be a little flaky. For example, on my clean install Titanium Backup couldn't acquire root access until after I rebooted.

Camera is still not working. It says "failed to connect to camera". I haven't looked at it at all, but there is a massive commit in the M7 kernel pulling source from the HTC One Google Edition for the camera.

Overall, I'm finding it's either completely broken or working very well. I think that the cellular network issue is going to get resolved upstream. I am afraid that we might be on our own for the camera.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/ec27077d6497c66f52488126ef6b181ef3fbed0d

seems cm has stopped camera building throughout probably prepping for the focal merge

edit: idk if m7 has cam working but it hasn't been detected as a bug
"Current bugs (they are known):
SMS sending will not work (receiving works)
Dialer sub-submenu FC's the dialer
Keyboard FC's when gesture swiping"

Last edited:

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
we'd probably have to merge their whole drivers/media/video/msm and use their camera binaries at least that's how it works with sense if you want to use their 4.2.2 cam libs

And their commit conflicts all over the place which is going to make it hard to cherry pick it. This was the commit I referred to earlier today.

On the plus side, the ril issue looks like it will get resolved for us. There is a commit out there for Samsung hardware that adds a couple of RIL events that look like they have been added.

times_infinity

And their commit conflicts all over the place which is going to make it hard to cherry pick it. This was the commit I referred to earlier today.

On the plus side, the ril issue looks like it will get resolved for us. There is a commit out there for Samsung hardware that adds a couple of RIL events that look like they have been added.

What about the commit introducing the HTCCDMAQualcommRIL?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
I'll take a look at the radio stuff tomorrow. I have a couple ideas.

To be clear, it is working fine for me if I dirty flash. I have been running 10.2 builds for 48 hours everywhere from strong wifi to bad 3G in the middle of a forest.

It's only breaking if I do a factory reset before flashing a build. That's why my guess was that it was related to this event being missing:

cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46280/1/libril/ril.cpp

(around line 2240) and that a similar change was going to be required to our libril. My inclination would be to wait and see what happens with the M7 builds (which it sounds are coming along) and see if it just magically fixes itself for us....

Edited to add: sending of text messages wasn't working but looks like they were supposed fixed last night (I haven't built it to test it yet)

Last edited:
Reactions: coachcrey

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011

mm actually now that i look at it drivers/media/video/msm has been left basically untouched in our source updating to what the m7 has shouldn't be too much of a problem

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
mm actually now that i look at it drivers/media/video/msm has been left basically untouched in our source updating to what the m7 has shouldn't be too much of a problem

I tried a cherry-pick before and it looked very bad. But, actually, a lot of it looks like it could be related to the comments that HTC strips from the source when the release that I added back (because it makes it easier to patch from all non-HTC sources).

If you want to take a crack at this, try doing this before cherry-picking their commit:

git show c81741a8337c2342d856ffeac0cc087452729290 drivers/media/video/msm include/media/msm_camera.h | patch -p1 -R

That will strip all the comments back out again and get rid of all those conflicts. The conflicts then look very simple (outside of arch/arm/mach-msm, which is where it gets much harder).

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
I tried a cherry-pick before and it looked very bad. But, actually, a lot of it looks like it could be related to the comments that HTC strips from the source when the release that I added back (because it makes it easier to patch from all non-HTC sources).

If you want to take a crack at this, try doing this before cherry-picking their commit:

git show c81741a8337c2342d856ffeac0cc087452729290 drivers/media/video/msm include/media/msm_camera.h | patch -p1 -R

That will strip all the comments back out again and get rid of all those conflicts. The conflicts then look very simple (outside of arch/arm/mach-msm, which is where it gets much harder).

the board-monarudo-camera.c doesn't need to be updated, at least i didn't update it in my m7 kernel port

but i can't seem to get the kernel to build

drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c: In function 'snapshot_rb':
drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c:628: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'parse_ib': recursive inlining
drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c:588: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
make[3]: *** [drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/gpu/msm] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/gpu] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

i don't believe it's related to any edits i made tho heres my commit https://github.com/Joelz9614/android_kernel_htc_dlx/commit/daa90f2bf8e64a8ad6f4f497ca412bc0a77ab7ef

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
the board-monarudo-camera.c doesn't need to be updated, at least i didn't update it in my m7 kernel port

but i can't seem to get the kernel to build

drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c: In function 'snapshot_rb':
drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c:628: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to 'parse_ib': recursive inlining
drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.c:588: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
make[3]: *** [drivers/gpu/msm/adreno_snapshot.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/gpu/msm] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/gpu] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

i don't believe it's related to any edits i made tho heres my commit https://github.com/Joelz9614/android_kernel_htc_dlx/commit/daa90f2bf8e64a8ad6f4f497ca412bc0a77ab7ef

Searching in the browser doesn't have any matches for adreno_snapshot...

Maybe try git checkout -b tmp HEAD~1 and make sure that builds?

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
Looks like CM just merged an updated audio HAL along with the legacy HAL, both of which incorrectly detect our device for now. Building with a fix now and if all is well I'll submit upstream.

Edit: It's going to cause a bunch of routing issues again also until some other stuff gets merged in. Best to just revert their change for now for builds.

Last edited:

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
Looks like CM just merged an updated audio HAL along with the legacy HAL, both of which incorrectly detect our device for now. Building with a fix now and if all is well I'll submit upstream.

Edit: It's going to cause a bunch of routing issues again also until some other stuff gets merged in. Best to just revert their change for now for builds.

Aside from the routing issues, this may already be fixed for us thanks to the m7:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46473/

crpalmer

Mar 25, 2011
@chad0989, FYI, I reverted the commit to use legacy alsa early this morning and haven't noticed any problems (play music on Bluetooth, voice calls with and without wired headset) using that build.

You may want to give it a try and see if you're ready to revert it.

Edit: actually, I just noticed that they had also enabled legacy audio in msm8960-common but since reverted that. So, I guess I was still running the legacy mode...

Last edited:

chad0989

Oct 31, 2010
@chad0989, FYI, I reverted the commit to use legacy alsa early this morning and haven't noticed any problems (play music on Bluetooth, voice calls with and without wired headset) using that build.

You may want to give it a try and see if you're ready to revert it.

Edit: actually, I just noticed that they had also enabled legacy audio in msm8960-common but since reverted that. So, I guess I was still running the legacy mode...

They aren't allowing new HAL to build yet (see https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_audio-caf/blob/cm-10.2/Android.mk) But we will need that flag when they allow the new HAL to build. I added it preemptively to hopefully avoid breakage. The issue was that the legacy HAL they pushed hadn't included some changes for our CSD client and platform detection. Looking at what was committed last night/today it should work now though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for developers only. No builds will be posted in this thread.

https://github.com/CM10DNA

Any valid development related discussion can be posted here. Please no posts that aren't directly related to development (i.e. comments, thanks, etc.).
    Got it. FFC works well also (no crash with faces). A few changes and some cleaning up and I'll push tonight or tomorrow.
    @invisiblek

Did the audio amp stuff actually get implemented yet? Headphone volume is ridiculous even only at 50%

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's actually because the audio amp stuff hasn't been implemented yet. The m7 kernel removes a hack I made to the rt5501 headphone amp to reduce the gain. I'm going to merge in the audio amp stuff tonight and see how it goes. Setting up the build box right now.
    Phew...finally got this thing merged into the m7 cm kernel repo.

Still a few outstanding bugs (which shouldn't be overly difficult to squash)
    - Bluetooth
    - USB and Charging is broke <-- #1 priority
    - Splash screen seems to 'burn' away before you see the cm logo (actually kinda cool, feels like your phone is melting lol)

After this all gets worked out, I think we are pretty close to ready for official nightlies.

This thing is SUPER smooth on this kernel base. I'm pretty stoked =)
    4.3 kernel source is out if you want to try merging that from the one or i'll give it a shot after u push ur source

I just pushed everything. There are some resolution issues but those should be able to be easily fixed in the wrapper or overlay.