Gear 2 compatibility with aosp rom

Search This thread

lamwong3

Jun 22, 2013
I was using the slim rom and it wouldn't let me download gear manager from the Samsung website. I wiped my phone and install a touch wiz rom in order for t the website to recognize my phone. Do I have to manually install the gear manager from xda or is aosp roms not compatible with the gear 2?

I am using a note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
not yet...

I was using the slim rom and it wouldn't let me download gear manager from the Samsung website. I wiped my phone and install a touch wiz rom in order for t the website to recognize my phone. Do I have to manually install the gear manager from xda or is aosp roms not compatible with the gear 2?

I am using a note 3.

Well if you could get Gear Manager to work with AOSP ROM's then the Galaxy Gear could work with any phone and would not be limited to Samsung Phones.

With the original Gear smart watch there is an advanced ROM available called "Null" which removes the restrictions from only allowing the galaxy gear to be paired with Samsung Phones. However, even though on the Gear 1 you can install Gear Manager on non samsung phones and non touchwiz roms you will not be able to get Notifications to work.

But you can get the bluetooth connection to work and you can get text message with apps like "tablet talk" but again that is on the gear 1.

Now for the gear 2 it is not running on Android it is running on Tizen OS. So until developers figure out how to put Android on the Gear 2 and remove Tizen you will have to wait.

Sorry for the long message i just wanted to try and explain it as thoroughly as i could...

Oh...and the developer of the Null ROM is supposed to be working on the Gear 2 so lets just keep our fingers crossed!

-droidshadow

Reactions: Broosh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not yet...

I am using a note 3.

Well if you could get Gear Manager to work with AOSP ROM's then the Galaxy Gear could work with any phone and would not be limited to Samsung Phones.

With the original Gear smart watch there is an advanced ROM available called "Null" which removes the restrictions from only allowing the galaxy gear to be paired with Samsung Phones. However, even though on the Gear 1 you can install Gear Manager on non samsung phones and non touchwiz roms you will not be able to get Notifications to work.

But you can get the bluetooth connection to work and you can get text message with apps like "tablet talk" but again that is on the gear 1.

Now for the gear 2 it is not running on Android it is running on Tizen OS. So until developers figure out how to put Android on the Gear 2 and remove Tizen you will have to wait.

Sorry for the long message i just wanted to try and explain it as thoroughly as i could...

Oh...and the developer of the Null ROM is supposed to be working on the Gear 2 so lets just keep our fingers crossed!

-droidshadow