[Q] Should I update from 4.3 JB to 4.4.2 KK ?

Search This thread

egy_b0y

Mar 19, 2014
Hello

I recently got my S4 i9505. I'm planning to root it

I have Android version 4.3

I used to flash costum roms on my s2 but I'm not really planning to do much flashing on my S4. not soon anyway

So as I connected the phone to Kies to make sure the drivers were downloaded so I can proceed with rooting

Firmware update popped up

I'm not sure what the best option for me now.

Should I root now and then I'd be able to flash a costume KK rom? and are there any stable ones that are better than the stock?

Can I use kies to update my rooted phone?

Maybe I should stick with JB 4.3? Which one is better 4.3 or 4.4.2?

I remember facing some issues when I update my s2 back. So I searched for the KK Update for the s4 and some people weren't so happy with their KK update

I know that doesn't represent the majority but still it could happen to me

So I confused myself

What is your advice to me?

sorry for the long post

Also I have an extra question What is KNOX? and do I need it?

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Hello

I used to flash costum roms on my s2 but I'm not really planning to do much flashing on my S4. not soon anyway

So as I connected the phone to Kies to make sure the drivers were downloaded so I can proceed with rooting

Should I root now and then I'd be able to flash a costume KK rom? and are there any stable ones that are better than the stock?

I remember facing some issues when I update my s2 back. So I searched for the KK Update for the s4 and some people weren't so happy with their KK update

So I confused myself

sorry for the long post

First, the most problems in 4.4.2 are fixed, so if you flash the officical, latest firmware of your country you shouldn't have any problem.
An important thing: if you flash a custom rom, your warranty will be set 0x1, that means, you lost your garanty if you flash a custom rom, that's the so called KNOX. You can use knox like a second system on your phone, with all secure data in it, you can only access with a passwort and all datas are locked without this passwort.

Root your phone after the software update if you want to root it.

Reactions: egy_b0y

christty31

Oct 7, 2008
Bucharest
First, the most problems in 4.4.2 are fixed, so if you flash the officical, latest firmware of your country you shouldn't have any problem.
An important thing: if you flash a custom rom, your warranty will be set 0x1, that means, you lost your garanty if you flash a custom rom, that's the so called KNOX. You can use knox like a second system on your phone, with all secure data in it, you can only access with a passwort and all datas are locked without this passwort.

the fact is that 4.4.2 GNG8 international version cannot be rooted....

Reactions: egy_b0y

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

So I confused myself

sorry for the long post

the fact is that 4.4.2 GNG8 international version cannot be rooted....