[APP][2.3.3+] My (material design) note's app "Note list" v4.9.1

Search This thread

lionelia

Aug 20, 2011
Nemours
Yeah that would be an awesome idea for future updates.
It's on my long term todo list haha. Very looooonnnggg todo list.
It's a shame most other notes apps have about 2 year head start on me. I'm having great suggestions from users and ideas that would be great in the app.
I Write them all down and hope to be able to build them in the future.

Will you add more languages? If you want to add french support I can help you.:good:
Nice app anyway :laugh:

Yorch82

Feb 3, 2013
Spanish translation

Great app. If you need help with the spanish translation I'll be happy to help.

ewoks

Nov 11, 2010
Winterthur
The only feature I would miss is sync with simple google document so I can edit it from web browser not just from phone app and making backup on Google Drive.. Congrats, it is really beautiful

faeArai

Sep 26, 2008
Yeah I think that using GDrive/Google Docs should be the best solution since everyone has a Google account when using an Android device. +1 for that app! I will donate, if there is GDrive sync.
Please do not use (exclusively) your own cloud service as there are so many powerful services out there having APIs etc.

Reactions: zkvvoob

Nucleotide

May 31, 2011
Please do not use (exclusively) your own cloud service as there are so many powerful services out there having APIs etc.

I agree with this. Personally, I'd like to see Dropbox sync - just a single db file synced to and from Dropbox. When the db is changed, the updated file is pushed back to Dropbox. It could then be opened on another device or even a simple Windows based app could be developed to grab the file for editing.

Not only that, but I'd much rather have my notes stored encrypted on a cloud syncing service of my choice. :good:

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
add sync (I have a phone and a tablet and need to keep the noites in sync) and I will install and donate ;)

rashidBat

Jan 3, 2013
Irbid
Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

Good

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

add sync (I have a phone and a tablet and need to keep the noites in sync) and I will install and donate ;)

+1 :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

I Was surprised to see the app being featured on the front page of XDA. I Was wondering what happened that caused my inbox to be this full of emails. :)
I Will read all of your notes but it's a bit much to reply every comment at the moment.

And many thanks to the once that have made a donation. It really is nice to see so many people wanting to help out a developer.

SiemHermans

Apr 11, 2012
It is a great looking and functional application. The only thing I am personally missing is a widget to place on my homescreen to be actually reminded of the notes. As for me I generally make a note and never look back.

Beowulf_pt

Jul 29, 2010
Lisbon
Looks elegant and polished, interface-wise.
I've been using ColorNote for something like that but am willing to change. There are two features I find quite essential tho:
-Strong encryption for selected notes
-Ability to export/import to file
And kinda agree with the others that Dropbox synch would be nice.

Tinc

Dec 26, 2012

Best looking notes app yet! Very elegant and sleek. I'll add it to my list of quality apps! :)

Are your planning on adding widgets? I've found it very useful to have notes right on my home screen. And as the others say, sync with Google Drive/Dropbox would be nice.

Keep up the amazing work! :)

Last edited:

i04055

Jan 15, 2011
agreed... best looking noe application around...

If I may suggest, a feature to backup your note to google account or storage will be perfect...

Ravensysteam

Mar 7, 2010
OMG Great job! Its so awesome to see a dev with a great sense of UI Design on Android. I don't have a credit card to buy a donate version but I sure would donate you some bucks via Paypal!

Greetings

Uvoguine

Dec 18, 2011
Really like it but I think it's a shame that we can't create notes without using folders.

SGWUser

Jun 22, 2012

Just saw it on the XDA frontpage... Installed! Works very nice! If you integrate Google Drive/Dropbox Sync, this will replace my Evernote account! Ga zo door!

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Reactions: kreamee

Cubeactive

Jan 29, 2013
www.cubeactive.com
For anyone that does not have access to Google Play, I've added a link to the download at SlideME in the opening post. The donate feature is Google Play only. The app is the same but if you do not have Google Play installed or an old version of the market the donate feature will not be available.

Uvoguine: The whole concept of the app is based on organizing your notes in folders. I Know some people would rather have one list without using the folders. You can however quickly add a note from the folder select screen or home screen shortcut. But the app will automatically select the first folder to store the note (you can manually select an other folder in screen while editing your note from the action bar)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_notelist_600.jpg

I Want to share my note's app with you all. It's called Note list and is available from the Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubeactive.qnotelistfree

If you like to help out with translations or beta testing just drop a message or pm and I'll contact you for more information.

Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

If you like the app please leave a review on Google Play.
    Thank you all for the great support! :)

More information and a FAQ can be found on my website.
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/

Store description
    Note list is your elegant notepad for Android devices.

With Note list you can quickly write notes, todo items and write down all your ideas and reminders. Use the folder structure to keep all your notes organized. Looking for a simple yet powerful material design notepad app for your Android device, Note list is it.

• Easy to use - Large notepad for writing notes, optimized for phones and tablets
    • Organize notes - Store your notes in folders and archive folders.
    • Sync notes - Synchronize notes on multiple devices with Google Drive™
    • Quick access - Add a shortcut to your home screen to quickly create new notes.
    • Reminders - Add reminders to notes and check completed notes.
    • Backup/Restore - Keep your notes save by using the backup manager or synchronization function.
    • Language support for: English, Dutch, German, Italian, Spanish.

Pro upgrade features
    • Use Note list ads free.
    • Note widget.
    • Bold, Italic, Underlined, Font color, Highlight color markup options.
    • Calendar view.
    • App lock.

BEFORE REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR REQUEST PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS TO MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
    - Access to notes by website and other OS devices like Windows
    Due to the cost of hosting a service that would allow access to the notes by a website this feature is not planned in the up coming months.

- Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting
    Note list is currently focusing on getting the best user experience for writing notes by keyboard.
    There are many items that I want to implement before switching the focus on other kind of note taking options.

DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ
    If you are an Android developer and want to write a widget or other app that communicates with Note list, you can use the Note list content provider.
    The content provider allows you to communicate (read only) with Note list and query data from the app.

The data specifications of the content provider can be found at this GitHub project:
    Note list development library

You will need to add the Note list read data permission to your app manifest, this will be visible to the user.
    The user also needs to allow third party apps to read data from Note l!st, this is a setting in the preference screen in Note list.

If you have published an app that uses the Note l!st content provider, you can join the beta test community on Google+ to test your code before updates get published. Contact me with a link to your app and I will send you an invitation.

Device_Screenshot_1.png
    Device_Screenshot_2.png

Device_Screenshot_3.png
    Device_Screenshot_4.png

Device_Screenshot_11.png
    Device_Screenshot_8.png

Device_Screenshot_6.png

Device_Screenshot_15.png

Device_Screenshot_18.png

For a full explanation on what permissions the app requires and how they are used please read the Note list privacy policy:
    http://notelist.cubeactive.com/privacy-policy/
    Version 2.5 has been released today.

With the new update of Note l!st you no longer have to worry about accidentally deleting an important note. The added “Deleted notes” folder shows all deleted notes before you choose to permanently delete or restore them.

The update also adds higher resolution icons for use with high resolution devices and has improvements for the user interface.

Change log v2.5
    - Fixed: The app would crash with an IllegalStateException when pressing back in the share dialog.
    - Added: Deleted notes folder. Deleting a note will now first move it to the deleted notes folder, from there you can permanently delete or restore notes. This folder will auto hide if there are no deleted notes available.
    - Added: XHDPI version of icons.
    - Changed: The note content will now automatically capitalize the first word of a sentence.
    - Changed: Some font sizes for tablet layout.
    - Changed: Switched the save and discard buttons in the edit note screen.
    - Changed: Action bar layout of edit folder screen
    - Changed: Back button setting is now only visible on tablets.
    can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?

No there is no backup or restore feature at the moment. I'm thinking on how I want to implement such features. My initial idea was to create my own cloud service. This would give me more options and better synchronization performance. But hosting a service like that cost money and the app only generates a few dollars each month. So if the download numbers do not go up a lot in the up coming weeks it's no option. Therefor I'm now looking into other cloud solutions like synchronizing with dropbox. However this will be less efficient and more limited than running my own service, also users can alter the files on dropbox and break the synchronization. It's not ideal but at the moment it looks like the only way for my to create a synchronization/backup feature.

Other backup features could be saving the notes to the sd card. I Do want to write something like that in the future.

At the moment the only way to export your notes from the app is by using the share function, that way you can save it to a email or text file. But it's one note at the time and you can not read them back into the app.

If anyone has good ideas please let me know, I'm still looking for the best solution.
    WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
    Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?

Thanks!
    Currently it's one (local) device only. I'm looking into synchronization and backup options.
    Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

I Was surprised to see the app being featured on the front page of XDA. I Was wondering what happened that caused my inbox to be this full of emails. :)
    I Will read all of your notes but it's a bit much to reply every comment at the moment.

And many thanks to the once that have made a donation. It really is nice to see so many people wanting to help out a developer.