[Q] After bluetooth audio, other audio fails

Search This thread

Roger W

Sep 14, 2012
Redmond, WA
Hi,

I'm on the final CM10.2.0 build (Dec 2 2013), MF1 firmware + ML1 modem, and I'm having a new audio problem that wasn't there on CM 10.1.2 before...

When I reboot the phone it pairs correctly with my car radio over Bluetooth, and Google Play Music plays my playlist just fine that way. Then when I leave the car, that becomes the only app that can do audio - Youtube, for example, is silent and in fact playback gets stuck 15 seconds into each video, then advances one frame every 20 seconds or so. Other apps like the alarm clock or phone ringer have no audio either. When I got a call, I had no call audio for the first 10 seconds, then suddenly it kicked in.

This persists until I reboot. Then all apps play audio correctly until the next time I get in the car and it plays over Bluetooth. Yes, I've checked my speaker volume levels :)

Also oddly, the first time post-reboot that I get in the car, it auto-plays like it used to. But subsequent times, I have to go to Google Play Music and hit Play manually.

Has anyone seen something like this? Searching hasn't turned up any similar problems.

Thanks!

Roger W

Sep 14, 2012
Redmond, WA
Just to wrap up my own question in case others see this too -

The problem seems to be Google Play Music. After my OP, I flashed back to stock and back to CM 10.2.1, a newer build than I had before. With this clean state, I didn't do much except set up the car pairing, and within a few tries it was back to the problem. I started using Apollo and uninstalled GPM, and have been running for a few weeks without any problems.