[Q] Safe Procedure to Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.1.2

Search This thread

dr1k

Feb 7, 2011
Hello all XDA members especially in our beloved Note 2 community :good:

I've owned my Note 2 since it's first launch.. I'm satisfied and proud to have one of the best phone ever made from Samsung. :good:

I have questions related to downgrading process, just want to confirm the process :D coz I don't want to brick my Note 2. :)
My mighty Note 2 is on Omega V.28, 4.4.2 Android Version with MJ5 bootloader and latest TWRP. I want to downgrade to 4.1.2 as I missed the 4.1.2 balance among performance and battery life.
My question are :
1. Can I just flash Omega V.18 (4.1.2) or the others 4.1.2 custom rom (not interested in stock rom :D) directly from TWRP ?
2. Won't that procedure brick my phone ?
3. Will I lost my imei and signal ?
4. Can I flash existing modem to fix lost imei (XXUENA) ? Will it compatible with 4.1.2 (Omega V.18) ?

Thanks all for the answer an comments.. :good:

Cheers for Note 2 :D

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010

I've owned my Note 2 since it's first launch.. I'm satisfied and proud to have one of the best phone ever made from Samsung. :good:

I have questions related to downgrading process, just want to confirm the process :D coz I don't want to brick my Note 2. :)
My mighty Note 2 is on Omega V.28, 4.4.2 Android Version with MJ5 bootloader and latest TWRP. I want to downgrade to 4.1.2 as I missed the 4.1.2 balance among performance and battery life.
My question are :
1. Can I just flash Omega V.18 (4.1.2) or the others 4.1.2 custom rom (not interested in stock rom :D) directly from TWRP ?
4. Can I flash existing modem to fix lost imei (XXUENA) ? Will it compatible with 4.1.2 (Omega V.18) ?

As long as you are on MJ5 bootloader you can flash 4.1.2 custom ROM via custom recovery.If you lose signal flash any of the modems either from hurricane modem changer or your current one if you have a flashable zip file for that.

Reactions: dr1k

dr1k

Feb 7, 2011
As long as you are on MJ5 bootloader you can flash 4.1.2 custom ROM via custom recovery.If you lose signal flash any of the modems either from hurricane modem changer or your current one if you have a flashable zip file for that.

Thanks a lot :) I'll do it as your suggestion..
Btw, what rom do you use for daily driver?

Cheers :good:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks a lot :) I'll do it as your suggestion..
Btw, what rom do you use for daily driver?

Cheers :good:
I used to be on JellyKat v2,v3,v4 ever since i rooted my note 2.When official KK released i wanted to stay close to stock so i tried phantom v1 then and then for all s5/note3/note 2 looks i am using DN3 V5+.I do switch to AOSP roms in between when i get tired of TW.For now DN3v5+ is what I've been using .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My question are :