USB car charger

Search This thread

mims1979

Dec 31, 2009
I have a few of the belkin/off brand dual USB auto adapters. But they all have output of around 500mA so basically when using bluetooth and GPS on the rd I'm drawing more power than I'm getting. I've looked around on amazon for some usb adapters but seems like a lot of them for some reason only really fast charge with IPads or other apple devices and for some reason they slow charge android devices. Apparently iphones have some sort of communications with the chargers to draw more power.

So my question is does anyone have one or know of one that works with the G2 and fast charges. I'd prefer one that is flush like my existing belkin and not one that sticks out a few inches. Dual ports would be nice, but at this point I'm not picky. Having said that, I'd like to not spend $30 on it.

mims1979

Dec 31, 2009
To add to it, I installed some battery monitor widget and while in the car today I just popped it open and noticed that it said "USB Connected Discharging" So basically It actually drains power quicker than if it wasn't connected to the charger at all!

jhorn85

Sep 26, 2013
I have a few of the belkin/off brand dual USB auto adapters. But they all have output of around 500mA so basically when using bluetooth and GPS on the rd I'm drawing more power than I'm getting. I've looked around on amazon for some usb adapters but seems like a lot of them for some reason only really fast charge with IPads or other apple devices and for some reason they slow charge android devices. Apparently iphones have some sort of communications with the chargers to draw more power.

So my question is does anyone have one or know of one that works with the G2 and fast charges. I'd prefer one that is flush like my existing belkin and not one that sticks out a few inches. Dual ports would be nice, but at this point I'm not picky. Having said that, I'd like to not spend $30 on it.

There is a long thread on this already.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454301
It seems that the bigger issue is not finding a 2amp charger, but a USB cable with the correct gauge similar to the oem one. I believe the oem cable is 20 gauge and I believe I found one on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B009Z94PV2/ref=mw_dp_cr

Last edited:
Reactions: mims1979

2001400ex

Nov 17, 2012
I don't get why it's such a difficult thing to find? Doesn't LG make a car charger that charges it's own phone?

I use my older Motorola ones and they work fine. Not full 2 amp but I can stream iheartradio or Pandora and the phone will charge up still. But the screen is off, not like using GPS. Still would like a fast charger tho.

tomato18

Apr 22, 2008
I have an Anker 24w 2 port charger and it charges my phone as fast as the wall charger. I tested it with a charger doctor and it does read 1.8a current flowing thru.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

CrfEpic4g

Mar 26, 2011
Fayetteville
I got a charger made by rocket dog I do believe for best buy best car charger I've ever had and it has an extra usb on the top

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

jhorn85

Sep 26, 2013
It's not the charger that seems to be the problem. 2a Chargers can be had in many places. It seems a 20 gauge wire is the difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is a long thread on this already.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454301
    It seems that the bigger issue is not finding a 2amp charger, but a USB cable with the correct gauge similar to the oem one. I believe the oem cable is 20 gauge and I believe I found one on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B009Z94PV2/ref=mw_dp_cr