[Discussion] Downgrading From 4.4.4

Search This thread

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
I'm making this thread so we can all put our heads together to figure out what we can do, what ways there are to get back to stock.. Just things people have done to restore back to stock.
Everyone having this issue people post here please as it will keep the Q&A thread clean.

At the moment I am encounter the issue, although I am not in a bootloop. I had a Official Firmware 4.4.2 installed that had been updated to 4.4.4.
Everything was working properly, but I flashed the latest CM11 Nightly. I had forgotten to backup my stock.
When I try to restore a stock firmware it Fails on partition so I didn't Want to chance flashing anything else in case I bricked my phone

At the moment my phones living off a CM11 TWRP backup which isn't ideal :/

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

TechBurner

Jul 11, 2012
Delhi
techburner.in
I can share a 4.4.2 cmw backup but my net is slow as fk. I successfully downgraded using cmw backup.I think there is some problem with the mount points of the stock . I had this prob of not able to format or write using recovery and fastboot in my Chinese s4 clone but I formatted all partitions using the flash tool that I had and than I was able to flash ROM. It occurred because I had given wrong mount points in the update script of the ROM that I had previously flashed

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
I can share a 4.4.2 cmw backup but my net is slow as fk. I successfully downgraded using cmw backup.I think there is some problem with the mount points of the stock . I had this prob of not able to format or write using recovery and fastboot in my Chinese s4 clone but I formatted all partitions using the flash tool that I had and than I was able to flash ROM. It occurred because I had given wrong mount points in the update script of the ROM that I had previously flashed

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Would a twrp backup work the same?

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app