Android ROM needed for Knight Rider car stereo
This thread is being started with the intention of gathering more information on issues people are having with the Android Knight Rider stereo head unit.
Please see the attached file for the product specifications.
There is only a small community of users for this new Android 4.0 stereo unit available from the China manufacturers. Here are the issues I have reported back to the seller after using the radio for four weeks:
1) The volume of the radio is reduced to a minimum level when an Android app is playing music. The music is only going through the front wires to the front speakers when playing an Android app. Installation of the radio was correctly done because music can be heard through both front and rear speakers when playing music with bluetooth from my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone. There is a problem with the firmware in the Android software. I am totally aware it is not an Android option, its a problem with the way the Android 4.0 operating system was deployed within the radio.
Solution needed: An update to the Android software is needed to fix the issues with the music only playing to the front speakers. The sound settings are set to both front and rear but when playing music with any Android app the music will only play through the front speakers.
2) The radio was advertised to have two working SD card bays however a 64 gig card will only be recognized in the navigation SD card slot. The Android operating system will not recognize a FAT32 formatted SD card in the extension SD card slot.
3) The Android operating system often causes applications to hang. Google maps often gets suspended and the application needs to be closed. Other applications will only work for a limited time and then stop working requiring the radio to be powered down in order for the Android system to reboot.
4) There is no MUTE button when using the bluetooth telephone (Not in the Android OS but in the Windows CE OS)
5) When tethered to a Galaxy S3 phone for the radio to have wireless, there is no phone functionality within the Android OS. The phone is used within the Android OS it comes up with an error message stating "No mobile networks are available" while connected to a strong WIFI hotspot.
6) The Android Playstore app is extremely limited in the amount of apps it will find available to load. It will not find all the apps the my Galaxy S3 phone will locate when using the Android Playstore.
My radio was professionally installed so I know there are no issues being created as a result of a faulty installation.
1) Has anyone else run into the same issues?
2) Is there a way to root this radio?
3) Would it be possible to have some developers work on a firmware update or the Android related fixes needed? The seller just wants me to return the radio for testing when I know its a problem with the Android software.
4) What 3G dongle needs to be used to enable the Android phone functionality to properly work?
Thanks very much,