Search This thread

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
My setup:

Phone: Sensation 4G
Rom: InsertCoin 4.6.1 ICS
Current Kernel: Sebastian 1.5ghz Kernel

Which kernel is best for battery & performance?

k0zmic

Jul 16, 2010
London
Sebastian FM's is the only custom one for ICS so far AFAIK

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Azuske

dazaroonee

Feb 19, 2012
Northampton
I'm on InsertCoin 4.6.1 but it has no 1.5ghz option, how do I apply the Sebastian kernel, the InsertCoin ROM is all one zip file, where do I get just the kernel download from and how do I load/install using 4ext recovery touch, finally is the Sebastian kernel completely compatible with InsertCoin 4.6.1?

Sent from the future three weeks ago.

mrew42

Dec 1, 2010
London
Google Nexus 4
HTC Sensation
I'm on InsertCoin 4.6.1 but it has no 1.5ghz option, how do I apply the Sebastian kernel, the InsertCoin ROM is all one zip file, where do I get just the kernel download from and how do I load/install using 4ext recovery touch, finally is the Sebastian kernel completely compatible with InsertCoin 4.6.1?

Download Seb's Kernel (see my sig) and use 4ext to apply, like you would a new Rom.
Job done

Last edited:
Reactions: dazaroonee

jaysun3000

Jul 26, 2011

The kernal is posted in the Development thread, download zip file, place it on root of SD card, boot to recovery, wipe cache & devlik cache in 4ext, install zip from SD card using 4ext, reboot phone let load....dont forgot to backup current ROM

Last edited:

Alienator9191

Jan 18, 2012
Oh dear, followed instructions, now stuck in boot loop, any pointers before I re-install ROM?

did u check md5 sums?
try another kernel
restore a nandroid u (hopefully )made before kernel install
update firmware

just a tip make a nandroid backup before you edit anything that is about the phone by an recovery best and secure way to do it;)

dazaroonee

Feb 19, 2012
Northampton
did u check md5 sums?
try another kernel
update firmware

just a tip make a nandroid backup before you edit anything that is about the phone by an recovery best and secure way to do it;)

No worries I had backups, restored back to InsertCoin 4.5.4 which was the version to have the 1.5Ghz option, could have been the firmware as I didn't update it as I thought I was on the latest but not sure what the Sebastian kernel needs.

Anyway it's back working now, I might do a few more checks and try again or chicken out and wait for baadnwz to release 4.6.2 which he's said will have the 1.5Ghz option back in. Was probably just me assuming rather than checking, thanks for the pointers though!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so far the updated one i see is SebFM kernel
    Sebastian FM's is the only custom one for ICS so far AFAIK

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Download Seb's Kernel (see my sig) and use 4ext to apply, like you would a new Rom.
    Job done

The kernal is posted in the Development thread, download zip file, place it on root of SD card, boot to recovery, wipe cache & devlik cache in 4ext, install zip from SD card using 4ext, reboot phone let load....dont forgot to backup current ROM
    Oh dear, followed instructions, now stuck in boot loop, any pointers before I re-install ROM?

did u check md5 sums?
    try another kernel
    update firmware