VPN & Security FC since 4.2.2

Search This thread

+Nybras+

Dec 7, 2010
Does anyone get force close when accessing 'VPN' and/or 'Security' in 'Settings' since updating to 4.2.2? I do..

ScumDroid

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
i get the exact same thing, did you find a fix? wiped cache and dalvik did nothing im hesitant to do a full data wipe.

**edit** data wipe does nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: outz

+Nybras+

Dec 7, 2010
I've wiped etc before I posted and I'm also on stock ROM & Kernel. weird... it's really pissing me off!

ScumDroid

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Works fine for me, but I just use OpenVPN for Android anyway

does settings security work ok for you?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I've wiped etc before I posted and I'm also on stock ROM & Kernel. weird... it's really pissing me off!

Ya me too man, if i get it fixed ill let you know, Ive tried flashing a different kernel, didn't do anything. Im stumped, and seriously annoyed, i absolutely need to be able to get into my security settings, vpn i don't care about.

Reactions: outz

ScumDroid

Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
i got a fix lads :)

you need root, and terminal emulator. open terminal emulater and type these lines without the quotes:

type "su" and give permissions
type "mount -o rw,remount /system" enter
type "cd /vendor/firmware/keymaster" enter
type "chmod 0644 *" enter

done.

Last edited:

DarkEther

Dec 19, 2011
Glasgow(ish)
I can confirm that the use of the terminal procedures above work, I have just tried it on my Nexus 4 and it has resolved my force close issue when accessing Settings > Security.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got a fix lads :)

you need root, and terminal emulator. open terminal emulater and type these lines without the quotes:

type "su" and give permissions
    type "mount -o rw,remount /system" enter
    type "cd /vendor/firmware/keymaster" enter
    type "chmod 0644 *" enter

done.
    i get the exact same thing, did you find a fix? wiped cache and dalvik did nothing im hesitant to do a full data wipe.

**edit** data wipe does nothing.
    Weird what ROM are you on? Stock?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

stock rom, faux123 modified stock kernel for gamma adjustment. OP and i cant be the only 2 people this is happening to.
    Works fine for me, but I just use OpenVPN for Android anyway

does settings security work ok for you?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Ya me too man, if i get it fixed ill let you know, Ive tried flashing a different kernel, didn't do anything. Im stumped, and seriously annoyed, i absolutely need to be able to get into my security settings, vpn i don't care about.
    Im getting the force close issue on 4.2.2 when trying to get into Settings > Security, which is a rite pain in the arse.

yes it is quite a pain lol.