Market not downloading...

Search This thread

Dvdxploitr

Mar 8, 2011
I am trying to download Telnet and Linda (btw, linda no longer shows up in App Market)....I am on RC29/1.0 firmware...unless i am missing a step, how do I root my G1?

Dvdxploitr

Mar 8, 2011
It won't let you download telnet? Are you following this guide?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189589

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I guess it was because I was on 1.0? I got it all situated...now I just gotta figure out how to convert my MicroSD to useable space for downloading apps....Google Play Services is needed for another app I installed...and thats the only two things i have installed!

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
So you are rooted and running a custom ROM now but have no room left in data partition?
If so you can try custom mtd partitions to free up some room or partition your sdcard to ext4 and run apps from ext partition, much faster than fat32

Dvdxploitr

Mar 8, 2011
So you are rooted and running a custom ROM now but have no room left in data partition?
If so you can try custom mtd partitions to free up some room or partition your sdcard to ext4 and run apps from ext partition, much faster than fat32

I'm having trouble with the partition part...I tried partitioning in my recovery and it still says EXT-SD not available, etc....done EXT2, EXT3, EXT4......

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
What recovery are you using? Try a full format of SD on PC, or even use something like gparted to do it if it won't work on recovery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dvdxploitr

Mar 8, 2011
What recovery are you using? Try a full format of SD on PC, or even use something like gparted to do it if it won't work on recovery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have used RA-Dream Recovery and CWM Recovery....I tried using Partition Magic to format and partition but it didn't even recognize my card at all after that.....

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
That's your issue then, bad SD card