[OBSOLETE] unofficial CyanogenMod 9/ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Allwinner A10 devices

Search This thread

Preceptor

Dec 26, 2010
Androtab is down.
I'm trying to download the Novo 7 Aurora files from there but I just can't. Does anyone have an alternative link?
Thanks a lot

ConnexYe

Jul 6, 2012
broken link MK802_recovery.zip

Hi fun_, seems your server is down, I can not download your MK802_recovery.zip.
Could you kindly help to have a check ? I indeed need your recovery img as my A10 tablet's monitor was broke, the only way I can taste the CM9 rom is using HDMI as the screen output.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
server is now online. sorry for this inconvenience.

for some people who posted here to ask files for non-A10 devices, read topic, use proper thread. if you can't, I'll remove files.

apenz147

Mar 26, 2012
excuse me but i need CWM for my allwinner a10 tablet...
my tablet is doesnt have back button and home and menu button....
can u suggest me which CWM is fit for my tablet?...
i really need this fir custom rom pleasee

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app

john_petrucci

Jan 4, 2011
Info

Hello, there is clockworkMod recovery 5 for Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II, its compatible a10_recovery.zip or its only for Aurora/Elf ??

Thank You!

Paolo

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
excuse me but i need CWM for my allwinner a10 tablet...
my tablet is doesnt have back button and home and menu button....
can u suggest me which CWM is fit for my tablet?...
i really need this fir custom rom pleasee

my latest CWM image supports USB mouse & keyboard. if you want to use it, please unpack ramdisk from boot.img, and repack it with your kernel.

(probaby links on my web site is old. please see files.androtab for now... I'll update my site if I can get more time...)

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
i've tried to start with jb but cedar's prebuilt static libraries are compiled against "old" ics functions (why do they have to ship sources with prebuilt libraries? bha)

Code:
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxsftdemux.a(demux_sft.o): in function android::StagefrightDemuxer::GetCacheState(CDX_CACHE_STATE*):(.text._ZN7android18StagefrightDemuxer13GetCacheStateEP15CDX_CACHE_STATE+0x14): error: undefined reference to 'android::NuCachedSource2::approxDataRemaining(int*)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxstream.a(sft_http_stream.o): in function android::SftHttpStream::GetCacheState(CDX_CACHE_STATE*):(.text._ZN7android13SftHttpStream13GetCacheStateEP15CDX_CACHE_STATE+0x28): error: undefined reference to 'android::NuCachedSource2::approxDataRemaining(int*)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::startRender():(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub11startRenderEv+0xdc): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::setBitmapDevice(SkBitmap const&, bool)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::startRenderRegion(int, int, int, int):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub17startRenderRegionEiiii+0x118): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::setBitmapDevice(SkBitmap const&, bool)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::CedarXSub(int, int, int, int):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSubC1Eiiii+0x22c): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::SkCanvas(SkDeviceFactory*)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x170): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_open_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x190): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_open_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x21c): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_convertEx_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x258): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x260): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x628): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'

i can get rid of the first two issues changing nuplayer's function but i've stucked at skia, this one in particular: "'SkCanvas::SkCanvas(SkDeviceFactory*)'" if i try to merge the relevant part of code from ics' skia it won't compile.
using the whole ics' skia it's not possible because other tools require the newer function

right now i'm giving up and feel kinda frustated because i've spent many hours for nothing :/

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
i've tried to start with jb but cedar's prebuilt static libraries are compiled against "old" ics functions (why do they have to ship sources with prebuilt libraries? bha)
(snip)
i can get rid of the first two issues changing nuplayer's function but i've stucked at skia, this one in particular: "'SkCanvas::SkCanvas(SkDeviceFactory*)'" if i try to merge the relevant part of code from ics' skia it won't compile.
using the whole ics' skia it's not possible because other tools require the newer function

right now i'm giving up and feel kinda frustated because i've spent many hours for nothing :/

thank you for sharing your experience. I'm thinking to try vanilla JB(w/o allwinner codes)... it gives some experience to me.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
Please make CWM Touch Recovery For LY-F1!!!

CWM Touch Recovery (by koush) is not open source product. I know there are some other recoveries which supports touch control, but I have no time to maintain my changes for recoveries other than CWM.

I already added a quick hack to support touch control on my CWM based recovery. it's working, but I found some another problem(not related to touch control) with latest CWM... e.g. I can't install update.zip from menu :(

latest CWM built from same source works fine on another tablet. it seems this problem happens only on A10 or only on my NOVO7 Advanced. I didn't use recent CWM binaries so I'm not sure when this problem is appeared.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this was a work-in-progress development project for porting CyanogenMod 9 (ICS/4.0.4) and ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Allwinner A10 devices.

but my CM9 is obsolete now. if you want to get CM9, please refer other active projects.

currently here is only for my miscellaneous work for Allwinner A10 devices. if you have a question about development work for A10, you may post it on here. but I can't guarantee any answer.

* links to other active CM9/CM10 projects
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1821398 CM10 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760929 CM9 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/33820-ics-404-ivi-cm9-firmware-for-novo7-advanced-btgpsusb-audio/ for NOVO7 Advanced(1) by tsynik

* links to other active AOKP projects
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760931 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
    * How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    1. (if you don't have official ROM and flash tool,) make backup of recovery partition
    2. download recovery.zip and unzip it
    3. put install-recovery.sh and recovery.img(recovery.cpio for GB ROM) on /sdcard/ *1 *2
    4. run install-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc)
    e.g.
    Code:
    > adb shell
    $ su
    # sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh

* How to boot recovery
    1. put reboot-recovery.sh on /sdcard/ *1 *2
    2. run reboot-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc)
    e.g.
    Code:
    > adb shell
    $ su
    # sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh

*1 if you are using CM9, install-recovery.sh and reboot-recovery.sh are already installed on /system/bin/. if you are not using CM9, you can put these scripts on your ROM.
    *2 /sdcard/ is referred as "SD card" on Android, but it may not be physical/external "SD Card". please make sure files are placed on /sdcard/.

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
    for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf
    BACK + POWER

for other tablets, please find the way to boot recovery.

* How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    for ainol NOVO7 Advanced
    VOL-: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back

for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf
    VOL-/MENU: down, VOL+/HOME: up, POWER: select, BACK: back

* How to install CyanogenMod 9
    1. download update.zip and put it on internal NAND flash or SD card (don't unzip it)
    2. install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    3. reboot recovery
    4. install update.zip
    5. wipe data/factory reset *3
    6. reboot

*3 only if you are upgrading from non-CM9 ROM (CM9 1st install)
    Hello guys:)
    As you see, i working on cm9 for allwinner a10 (novo7 aurora)
    I uploaded CM9-NIGHTLY-120517-A10.zip
    Many improvements from previous version: HW Video enc/dec, video rec, HDMI(not tested)... :)
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-novo7(aurora)/