Where is my storage?

Search This thread

serpa4

May 2, 2010
I just got a new N3 about 2 days ago. I've rooted by using the safestrap and installed JellyBeans ROM that I loved from my Note2. With only a couple apps installed, I'm getting conflicting data.
Application Manager says 16GB free and my largest app is Chrome at 73mb.
Storage also says 16gb free with applications of .94gb. However it also says I have Miscellaneous files at 6.77GB.
So I have a 32gb phone, and 1gb of apps leaving about 31 gb. I'm sure there is probably 6gb for the OS. I'm still missing roughly 6-8gb of storage.

I think it is because the Safestrap keeps the factory ROM in place and I put JellyBean in a virtual drive??? I have two roms maybe? But ROMs are only about 1.2Gb.

I'm not very high speed on this stuff.

Thanks for any explination you can provide.

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
Bingo. Safestrap essentially loads a new rom over stock (unless you flash in the stock slot), so that storage is not available.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I just got a new N3 about 2 days ago. I've rooted by using the safestrap and installed JellyBeans ROM that I loved from my Note2. With only a couple apps installed, I'm getting conflicting data.
Application Manager says 16GB free and my largest app is Chrome at 73mb.
Storage also says 16gb free with applications of .94gb. However it also says I have Miscellaneous files at 6.77GB.
So I have a 32gb phone, and 1gb of apps leaving about 31 gb. I'm sure there is probably 6gb for the OS. I'm still missing roughly 6-8gb of storage.

I think it is because the Safestrap keeps the factory ROM in place and I put JellyBean in a virtual drive??? I have two roms maybe? But ROMs are only about 1.2Gb.

I'm not very high speed on this stuff.

Thanks for any explination you can provide.

How large did you make your ROM slot? Even though the compressed ROM isn't that big, the ROM slot can be up to ~8gb. Also keep in mind storage reporting tends to be inaccurate while booted into a ROM flashes onto a SS ROM slot.

BTW, for future reference questions should go in the Q&A subforum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk