[GUIDE] Download Booster Working!

Search This thread

dcarlson01

Oct 1, 2012
freeze

would someone be willing to post a video showing exactly how to do this? I have tried twice and am getting something wrong. After final step my phone freezes and starts to reboot, then hangs on the AT&T circle blue/white logo. I had to use odin to get phone working again. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton
would someone be willing to post a video showing exactly how to do this? I have tried twice and am getting something wrong. After final step my phone freezes and starts to reboot, then hangs on the AT&T circle blue/white logo. I had to use odin to get phone working again. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Did you set the permissions on the files before you copied them to their respective locations?
See the screenshot attached to op for the correct permissions.

556AR

Sep 3, 2013
Everything appears to be working fine for me after downgrading. Thanks for your work.

gregthomas129

Apr 16, 2011
My camera and browser are not working now either. Can someone post the four stock files so I can just put it back like it was? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

bobez666

Aug 15, 2010

David111jr

Feb 5, 2011
Damn kinda wanted to do this mod to make show off a little to all the iPhone users in my house lol. Don't have p.c to downgrade. Lol. You think the camera and browser will eventually work or is this the official work around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton
Damn kinda wanted to do this mod to make show off a little to all the iPhone users in my house lol. Don't have p.c to downgrade. Lol. You think the camera and browser will eventually work or is this the official work around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I might try another version, and modify our stock file instead of using the other threads file as a base. It's possible that might fix some of these issues.

Reactions: David111jr

gregthomas129

Apr 16, 2011

gregthomas129

Apr 16, 2011
It's better that I get someone's stock odex and secsettings apk cause I'm not near my own pc.... probably should have backed these up first

from my frothy.... froth... frosty... frost
@Megadoug13 were you able to reinstall the original files? I'm in the same boat and wondered if you would mind sharing those.

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
Has anyone gotten this to work, besides in the play store? Also, does anyone's private mode still work?

Last edited:

gainstatom

Feb 27, 2013
Does downgrading factory reset the phone? Also what does downgrading mean or what does it do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OKAY guys I got it working. See screenshots. AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS

Update: Recommended only for users with ANCE build version.
    You can downgrade using only the AP file without removing any user data (only some system modifications and root, but you can reroot of course).

Known Bugs on ANCE:
    Private Mode does not enable.

Update 2: I believe you can enable download booster without replacing your SecSettings.apk and SecSettings.odex files, however this is not yet confirmed. For a guide to do it this way, see this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53640392&postcount=98&nocache=1&z=1925545437261462
    Requirements:

Use this services.jar NOT the one from the zip. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vziudszmba2l9zm/services.jar
    Root
    ES File Explorer (make sure Root Mode is enabled)
    v2.1 odex file from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582

YMMV, so I recommend copying these four files from your system folder to somewhere safe (external sd or PC) just in case something goes wrong.

GOOD LUCK!

1. Download/unzip the SecSettings.apk, SecSettings.odex, and services.odex files from the zip. Download modified services.jar from here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vziudszmba2l9zm/services.jar )

2. Copy ALL FOUR files to the /system root folder
    3. Fix all permissions to rw-r-r (3 checks in first column, first check in second, rest blank) DOUBLE CHECK THIS ON ALL FOUR(See Attached)
    4. Copy SecSettings.apk and SecSettings.odex from the system root folder to the /system/priv-apps/ folder, choose overwrite all.
    5. Copy services.JAR from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite again.
    6. Copy services.ODEX from the system root folder to the /system/framework folder, overwrite if asked.

PHONE WILL FREEZE AND REBOOT
    Mine reodexed everything "Android is updating apps" on bootup.
    ?????
    Profit.

CLICK THANKS.

btw HUGE thanks to RevelationOmega for doing the hard part!!

Edit: Possible fixes if experiencing issues (not tested or confirmed working) I am on Baseband AND3 with Build ANCE. If you experience issues, try ODIN to ANCE (this will not delete user apps), reroot, update SuperSU binaries, and then follow the steps below. This is exactly what I did when it worked for me (no xposed installed beforehand, only after and all seems well).

TO GET THE QUICKSETTINGS TILE
    1. Download SQlite editor (the one in the screenie works best)
    2. In apps, find settings storage > settings.db > system
    3. Search for notification
    4. Choose Notification_Panel_Active_App_List (there are a few VERY similar ones, make sure its the right one.
    5. Add NetworkBooster; as seen in screenshot attached.
    6. Reboot

TESTING DOWNLOAD BOOSTER
    0. Make sure you are connected to WIFI and LTE (Does not work on regular 4G or lower)
    1. Open the Play Store
    2. Find the app called DCIkonZ (or any app over 30 mb)
    3. Install app as normal. You should get a popup as seen in attached and see a toast saying Download Booster enabled...
    If your private mode breaks, try reverting to the stock SecSettings apk and odex. That should fix it. And downgrading doesn't factory reset, it will only replace the system partition.
    Well I got the download booster to work. But my stock Internet app force closes and I have no gps signal at all. Is there any fix for this?
    I'm on AND3, have GPS working, but no camera. I downloaded the Stock Google Camera in the mean time. If I want my camera fixed I can just take my phone down to ATT and have them flash my phone.

just finished downgrade now im installing apps , rerooting then reinstalling download booster
    so where is the SecSettings.odex file at?
    It's in /system/priv-app.