[DEV][ROM][4.2.2][Unofficial] Vanilla RootBox - 2/23/2013

Search This thread

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
can ask a rom specific question. i would like to know with this rom can use other launchers like apex as well. I just need to know i am in the process of flashing this rom tomy i927 since its in the shop getting repairs i figured i would ask them to install this rom as well. i was wondering would I be getting the best of both worlds CM and AOKp all in one. Is that correct. From what i have been reading this is the most configurable rom.

i can confirm apex launcher works with this rom.

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
one more question. Are there any SD card issues as the other roms have had from Aokp and CM.I know that i can get the on screen jb keyboard for Jelly bean from the play store. Also with the audio issue for the camera does the LG camera app work. Since i don't use skype or voip service, that does not matter for me, Also i use hardware headsets instead of blue tooth since i have never had great results with blue tooth from gingerbread to ics and now i'm the process of telling my shop that the i927 phone is at to do the rest. Thanks for all of your help. I am hoping for a very awsome experience. what isthe likely hood that this rom will be developed further as there isa CM 10.1 M2 rom under development. Hopefully the grater good or dman will decide to ake a second look at just supporting it to have us just witha complete vanilla root box but if not i am compled with having the phone work for me iwth Vanilla root box. I am also using an app for gps so that will not be an isue to get gps locks on the Vanilla rootbox rom as well. So just waiting for my phone to come back from teh shop ot experience this rom.

math_green20

Nov 7, 2012
I'm giving it a test drive this week, just flashed yesterday. Everything works fine for now, I haven't tried Bluetooth or Gps yet. Only problem I had was that I couldn't update straight to this from Dman's Pac-Man rom. I had to go through Cm10.1 first, I don't know why..

Thanks thegreatergood you did a great job, i'm so happy to see this phone is still not dead

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-i927

math_green20

Nov 7, 2012
Will we see PA Halo on this rom eventually? It seems to have been already integrated on official rootbox fw.

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
Will we see PA Halo on this rom eventually? It seems to have been already integrated on official rootbox fw.

This rom is dead bud.. don't expect to see anything outside PacROM or Cm10.1 until the bluetooth and audio issues are resolved.

Once those issues are fixed, there are some minor annoyances like pictures being rotated when taken in portrait - some physical keyboard keys aren't working in some apps - ... Maybe something else ? ..

either way, when we have a working base then maybe someone will continue on and create more roms like AOKP and rootbox etc.

math_green20

Nov 7, 2012
Anyone tried to upload pictures to facebook over 4g on this rom? It does not work for me, it works from wi-fi though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RootBoxLogo_2.png

Vanilla RootBox - JB - Android 4.2.2

picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

Description

This ROM is built from source and is not only a modified ZIP file with bloated apps.
    Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps.
    This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP features, Paranoid Features and CM cherry-picks.

Downloads
    Rootbox-4.2.2
    Gapps

Working
    - Keyboard Lights (Patch
    - Keyboard Keys
    - Keyboard Rotation
    - Service, Data
    - Calls
    - Autorotation
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera
    - Audio
    - Storage
    - BLN
    - Moving Apps to SD
    - Voice Dialer
    - Google Now
    - Virtual Keyboard (no slide yet though)
    - OTA updates via goomanager :)
    - Bluetooth A2DP

Issues so far
    - Skype, Magic Jack, Stock Sound Recorder audio issues
    - No Audio In Recorded Videos
    - Bluetooth HSP (Headset Profile, Static in Audio in Bluetooth Calls)
    - Tethering ?

Credit
    DMAN
    RootBox TEAM
    I haven't forgotten y'all.. I'm still getting set back up. My PC is being a bi#$%..lol

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
    update .... alot of changes in synced code
    out of all of these roms what would be the top three roms to look at once finished, CM 10.1, AOKP 4.2.1, Liquid smooth 4.2.1 or Vanilla root 4.2.1. I wanted to know what the differences are between these four roms, i could not find any info googling an so that's why i am asking about all of this. if someone can give me an idea about each that would be great.

Rootbox - Most Feature Packed
    Liquid Smooth - Most Optimized and Lite
    CM10.1 - Most Stable, Technically because its closest to stock Android
    AOKP - Has a few more features than CM10.1
    Updated....

updated to latest kernel to fix issues ....

updated to Android 4.2.2

fixed Bluetooth headset to now works partially ... but has to much static to be usable ...