How To Bypass Verizon Sim Activation Setup Screen

Search This thread

Virusbetax

Jan 18, 2011
Warwick
I recently purchased a LG G2 Verizon model to use on T-Mobile. I recieved the phone and reset to make a fresh start for me so i dont have any software problems. Little did i know i could not get past the setup screen with verizon sim activation a requirement. So after a lot of research i found the fix.

1. Make sure you are the screen where you choose the language.

2. Press these buttons in exact order. Volume up then volume down then back then menu then home.

3. There should be two pop windows warning about leaving setup. Go ahead and click yes for both and confirm.

4. Voila! You just bypass the verizon setup screen!

*This process is helpful for when u reset phone or perform a update in the future.

Hope this helps many of you G2 users out there!

rubiksecs

Dec 8, 2009
Thank you!!!!

I cannot describe the despair I felt upon realizing I might need a verizon card to use my brand new phone. Many thanks! :D

Jstlouis1993

Feb 8, 2012
Miami, Florida
This is actually VERY helpful! I too got my Verizon LG G2 in November, once rooted and switch to T-Mobile, I realize I still needed to keep my Verizon sim card which is a annoyance having to keep. Because of that I stray away from LG Stock roms and to CM roms.. Now I can flash Verizon LG roms without having to switch Sim cards or flashing a T-Mobile Stock rom and using a Verizon Patch!

jiml87

Feb 27, 2014
Thank you!

After getting frustrated speaking to Verizon about getting past the activation screen so I could use my phone that I own outright with any carrier I want to and got nowhere I decided to search the internet and found this very helpful post. Many thank!

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
I recently purchased a LG G2 Verizon model to use on T-Mobile. I recieved the phone and reset to make a fresh start for me so i dont have any software problems. Little did i know i could not get past the setup screen with verizon sim activation a requirement. So after a lot of research i found the fix.

2. Press these buttons in exact order. Volume up then volume down then back then menu then home.

3. There should be two pop windows warning about leaving setup. Go ahead and click yes for both and confirm.

*This process is helpful for when u reset phone or perform a update in the future.

Sorry to bump a dead thread. Would this work going overseas? I'm going to South America in two weeks. I can just buy a sim down there and follow this? Does it matter if I'm running a stockish ROM? Do you have to factory reset or just power off and insert new card and change settings?

Virusbetax

Jan 18, 2011
Warwick
Sorry to bump a dead thread. Would this work going overseas? I'm going to South America in two weeks. I can just buy a sim down there and follow this? Does it matter if I'm running a stockish ROM? Do you have to factory reset or just power off and insert new card and change settings?
Yes it will work. And I'm glad to see I have helped so many people!

If If u can don't reset. But this guide is basically if you reset the phone. Any SIM card will work in the phone no need to change any settings. This guide is if you reset the phone on the stock rom. I recommend flashing a custom rom which has this removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: sefirosu0522

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011

If If u can don't reset. But this guide is basically if you reset the phone. Any SIM card will work in the phone no need to change any settings. This guide is if you reset the phone on the stock rom. I recommend flashing a custom rom which has this removed.

I don't mind doing a factory reset. Right now I'm running Steel Droid. I could also run XDABEBB'S ROM which is also based on stock. Would you recommend being on AOSP or will one of the custom stock roms work?

geomedxplant

Jun 22, 2014
Verizon LG g2 unlock

I tried this method exactly as instructed and my G2 screen did absolutely nothing.
Any help greatly appreciated

radicalbill

Feb 7, 2015
Does anyone know the name of the app or file to change to disable the setup app ?

I know using the up down back home works to bypass the verizon setup, but I have seen on other threads that there are apps that can be turned off or files that can be renamed on other phone to prevent this activation screen from coming up.

Does anyone know the file name or app name and location that needs to be changed ?

Thanks

Bill

innovationab

Dec 24, 2015
Oh my god! I can't thank you enough for this. I spent the whole day trying to find a spare verizon sim card, and verizon guys are of no help. Thanks a ton. This world is wonderful because of people like you.

Reactions: Namolas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Helpful but pls my i am in gh after doing that my sim is not working

I assume your sim had worked previously before you did a factory reset. Well, I had such issues sometime ago. What I did was, I inserted my local sim(which is not being detected) and turned the phone on, went to Settings, selected More under Network and changed Network mode to GSM and then changed it back to Auto mode. That solved it and my sim got connected to the mobile network. Hope it helps;).

I tried this method exactly as instructed and my G2 screen did absolutely nothing.
    Any help greatly appreciated

Sorry for such a late response but you probably did not try the button combo in the correct order or you did it to slowly it has to be a little fast. let me now if you have solved this issue!
    I recently purchased a LG G2 Verizon model to use on T-Mobile....

Work perfectly. Thank you very much for this.