My kindle randomly shuts off

Search This thread

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
My kindle for some reason just randomly shuts off if its not plugged in. If anyone could help that would be awesome about to call amazon and send it back for a replacement.

Sent Using My Rooted Kindle Fire HD 7"

Last edited:

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
Don't worry it's probably just low on ram or battery mine does that to it's really not much to worry about

sent from my unrooted kindle fire hd

Hinzman420

Oct 28, 2010
No its a big problem. Mine does it when i have a full battery and have nothing running. But my wife's don't do it. We both have go launcher and use the same apps on a regular basis.

Aquitaine404

Aug 3, 2013
My Kindle does the same!

No its a big problem. Mine does it when i have a full battery and have nothing running. But my wife's don't do it. We both have go launcher and use the same apps on a regular basis.

I have the same problem! My Kindle shuts down for no reason. When I try to power it up again, it shows the shimmering kindle logo shows, the screen flashes as though it is about to boot up but is simple switches off again.

The only way I can get it to boot is to plug it in to a power charger. When it finally boots, the battery is often 50 - 60% charged?

This often occurs when unlocking the screen.

Any suggestions as to why this happens, or what I can do to fix it would be most welcome

Cheers
Aquitaine.

Reactions: Good2go2014

Elgari

Mar 20, 2013
Tacuarembó
Have the same problem for many time and can´t solve it. Almost brings me to stop using my tablet!

Same questions:

why this happens?

what I can do to fix it?

Cheers, Gustavo

Wondrej

Jul 10, 2010
What roms are you using? Do you have rooted devices? Did you tried monitor your apps for apps that might eat up your RAM?

If you have full battery problem might be in RAM and the shutting of is basically android mechanism for "fixing" the issue with full RAM. Look into your apps and see if you have any app that might be causing this. If there is anything suspicious try uninstalling the app and see if the reboot comes back.

mrcrusha829

May 19, 2007
Hartford, CT
I have the same problem! My Kindle shuts down for no reason. When I try to power it up again, it shows the shimmering kindle logo shows, the screen flashes as though it is about to boot up but is simple switches off again.

The only way I can get it to boot is to plug it in to a power charger. When it finally boots, the battery is often 50 - 60% charged?

Any suggestions as to why this happens, or what I can do to fix it would be most welcome

Cheers
Aquitaine.

This happened to my daughters Kindle as well without any customizing done to it. It was a purely stock amazon Kindle. I called customer service and they sent me a new one within 2 days. I believe that this issue is a hardware issue as my oldest daughter has no problems with hers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Elgari

Mar 20, 2013
Tacuarembó
What roms are ou using? Do you have rooted devices? Did you tried monitor your apps for apps that might eat up your RAM?

If you have full battery problem might be in RAM and the shutting of is basically android mechanism for "fixing" the issue with full RAM. Look into your apps and see if you have any app that might be causing this. If there is anything suspicious try uninstalling the app and see if the reboot comes back.

I have stock rom and have the device (KFHD 7) rooted. I didn t monitor app by app RAM consumption. The only thing I do was uninstalling apps installed for me, but nothing changes. There is a simple way to check RAM consumption?

Thank you!

Last edited:

kenyanscott

Feb 3, 2013
glasgow
I'm getting the same problem.

Could I remove the root and look to get it replaced?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

ixbmakxi

Sep 17, 2015
Probable Solution

Whenever I am playing a game I feel something in the back of the Kindle start to get hot and I think that is the battery overheating, so the battery might need replacement, and whenever I play on my brother's his kindle is not hot.

CoolNess107

Feb 15, 2016
Mine is also the same and I don't know why whenever it's on charge it stay on but usually when it's on 67% and I take the charger out its shuts down automatically

Spyrytz

Mar 19, 2017
My 10 inch kindle fire will randomly shut off just after I put in my pin to unlock it. And it does this on a constant basis.

nonW00t

May 16, 2017
Its just a piece of junk by design, unfortunately. Its either a memory defect, battery issue, or cpu/gpu issue.

Delmer6523

Nov 16, 2017
I have the same problem my kindle could be 100 percent and when it get to 98 it shuts off when I turn it back on it 10 percent .but if I keep it plugged in it don't shut off

Nebber

Mar 4, 2018
I had 1 that kept doing this, I was out of warranty so I bought a new kindle... It worked great until a few weeks ago when it does but after charging it all I got was black screen with sounds... Again because out of warranty Amazon told me it was basically dead and I’d need a new one... I went on YouTube and found a fix for this where I took the back off the kindle, Disconnected the battery, put it back in and it started working again... I wondered if it would work with my old 1 which kept shutting down... Do I charged it up overnight and then did the fix and it’s working perfectly...
can’t post the you tube link.
Type in kindle black screen... The video is only around 2 minutes long....
I hope this works for you...

Bhbhjjnbg

Mar 3, 2020
Please help me! I've looked it up and haven't found anything, when I click a app or google or really anything it turns off most of the time and takes me back to my home screen then I just click my recently used apps and go back to it, but it's gotten a bit annoying and I really wanna know how to fix it. Thank you!

Elgari

Mar 20, 2013
Tacuarembó
Please help me! I've looked it up and haven't found anything, when I click a app or google or really anything it turns off most of the time and takes me back to my home screen then I just click my recently used apps and go back to it, but it's gotten a bit annoying and I really wanna know how to fix it. Thank you!

In my case I change de battery and problem solved

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Kindle does the same!

Cheers
    Aquitaine.