[Q] Formatted Kindle drive and now the touchscreen does not respond to tapping

Search This thread

sgesmin

Jul 21, 2014
I formatted my kindle fire using quick format ( I was going to format my jump drive but I formatted kindle drive instead). Now the touchscreen isn't working as it doesn't respond to my tapping. I would really appreciate if somebody helps me with solution regarding this problem.

P.S. : I am not a techie person. So, please explain me in plain English. Thank you.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I formatted my kindle fire using quick format ( I was going to format my jump drive but I formatted kindle drive instead). Now the touchscreen isn't working as it doesn't respond to my tapping. I would really appreciate if somebody helps me with solution regarding this problem.

P.S. : I am not a techie person. So, please explain me in plain English. Thank you.
Could try the Kindle Fire Uitility download, unzip, double click on run.bat, install Twrp.
if you see bp panic, you will need a Fastboot cable and follow Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

Once you have Twrp recovery you can reinstall stock update.zip or my pre-root 6.3.3.zip

sgesmin

Jul 21, 2014
Need help with Kindle

Could try the Kindle Fire Uitility download, unzip, double click on run.bat, install Twrp.
if you see bp panic, you will need a Fastboot cable and follow Using Factory/Fastboot Cable to Flash FFF Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

Once you have Twrp recovery you can reinstall stock update.zip or my pre-root 6.3.3.zip

Mr. Shadow,

Thank you for your help. I was able to do the first part , but I couldn't do install pre-root 6.3.3 zip.I tried to follow your video but my kindle's slider doesn't work that's why I couldn't go inside the drive and install the software. I would appreciate if you kindly help me with resolving this problem.

Thank you again.

Regards.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Mr. Shadow,

Thank you for your help. I was able to do the first part , but I couldn't do install pre-root 6.3.3 zip.I tried to follow your video but my kindle's slider doesn't work that's why I couldn't go inside the drive and install the software. I would appreciate if you kindly help me with resolving this problem.

Thank you again.

Regards.
This is a Kindle Fire 1, not a 2 or HD?

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
If it's the original kindle fire
TWRP may not have installed correctly could try flashing Twrp manually

Download adb/fastboot.exe files, and openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img
verify md5 e6183f4c6043f2c6a0d519d9f660ee98 for TWRP see https://sites.google.com/site/sdshadowscollection/home/hash-checksums
Create a folder in c drive named adb,
unzip/extract files,
copy AdbWinUsbApi.dll, AdbWinApi.dll, adb.exe, fastboot.exe, openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img to adb folder.
do not have kindle connected yet.
open command prompt (start>all programs >accessories>command prompt)
in command prompt>change directory to adb
Code:
cd\adb
then
Code:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.2.2.1-blaze.img
fastboot reboot
command prompt should say waiting for device
with kindle off, connect to pc via usb
when bootloader starts, commands should execute and kindle should reboot again
select reboot to recovery option

retry TWRP if still does not work try

try in command prompt with bootloader like last commands
Code:
fastboot oem format
fastboot reboot

try TWRP again

another option is the Kindle Fire Unbrick Utility V1.1

Last edited:

ToiUuHoa

Sep 4, 2015
How about with kindle touch, pro?

How about with kindle touch, pro? I formatted my kindle touch when it connected to pc. After that, Kindle touch can not recieve ebooks that i copy to it. Then, i "reset device" and see "kindle user manual", but appear notice "...format disk..." when i connect to pc.