[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Leo: HD2 - 7.8 Official

Search This thread

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
This is my HD2 version of my popular Samsung Focus ROM that can be found HERE.

Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you have downloaded the original version of this ROM please install the 'settings_update.cab' attached at the bottom of this post. I just noticed a small bug in the 'gray' accent that could cause problems if you change the language to something other than English. I have already uploaded a 'fixed' version of the ROM now as well. Enjoy.

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.00

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 HTC HD2

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
-full unlock via ultrashot unlocks (root manager under settings)
-standard five north america languages only
-original microsoft and htc wallpapers and ringtones only
-removed oem apps
-htc app drivers included
-flip to silence drivers included
-usb video out package included
-dlna support package included
-nokia drive included
-sd storage unlock
-gray accent added and set as default
-static ip added
-system logging disabled
-fixed color banding
-internet connection sharing enabled
-other minor tweaks and improvements

*support for Microsoft, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

SearchKeySettings is not included because in the past I have had issues with it causing voice search via bing to no longer work.

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, XDA Dev Team, and Microsoft

BUGS: Let me know.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD - STANDARD PARTITION VERSION
DOWNLOAD - 8GB PARTITION VERSION FOR DUAL BOOT

To install you need MAGLDR on your phone and the phone needs to be put into MAGLDR flashing mode. Then send the ROM using DWI.exe included in the zip.

Attachments

• settings_update.cab
    126.7 KB · Views: 3,935
Last edited:

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Same version as HD2Owner ?

HD2Owner is 8858.136, and here it's 7.10.8858.168.

No ?

bleui

Oct 16, 2010

No ?
on the "about" page it's still the same 8858.136

btw if this ROM has the official nokia rtm base why can't I seem to run Nokia Music (non Lumia warning), do I still need to edit the registry?

Last edited:

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
bluetooth headset works well or reboot?
I honestly don't know. I don't use Bluetooth headsets myself. I would love to know how it works for you.

No ?
I don't know for sure what rom files HD2Owner used as a base but I would guess they are the same version as mine. I pulled mine from the firmwares nokia released a little while ago on their servers.

...btw if this ROM has the official nokia rtm base why can't I seem to run Nokia Music (non Lumia warning), do I still need to edit the registry?
It doesn't have that tweak included. You can change the settings using a registry editor like Root Tools though.

can you add chinese?thanks
I don't intend to make a version with any other lang's. This is just the rom I use on my own phone, and since the work is already done I figured I would share it incase others might find it useful. However, if you would like you can simply use the Chinese lang update cabs (once the 8858 ones are released) to add the language.

Last edited:
Reactions: frajar

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
updated rom to fix a bug

If you have downloaded the original version of this ROM please install the 'settings_update.cab' attached at the bottom of the first post. I just noticed a small bug in the 'gray' accent that could cause problems if you change the language to something other than English. I have already uploaded a 'fixed' version of the ROM now as well. Enjoy.

FelipeMR

Aug 12, 2010
São Paulo
winmobr.org
When I add in my Live ID, it says it cannot activate?

You need the activation code that can be downloaded free from Microsoft.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Thanks for your ROM, it was a nice Christmas present.

Bluetooth Headset - Works fine without crashing.
Battery - consumes a little faster than other ROMs for HTC HD2
Hardware - Seems to be working 95%, Bluetooth, WiFi, Touch, Camera ... Touch only two points instead of four.

Thanks for good service

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my HD2 version of my popular Samsung Focus ROM that can be found HERE.

Ok folks, I've been running versions of my newest build on my Focus, Lumia 800, and HD2 now for about a week and all three devices are rock solid so time for a public release.

So here are the fruits of my labor. My goal was to stay as minimal and as stock as possible. Windows Phone as it is supposed to be. Most of the changes are 'under-the-hood' type changes so your device will still look stock but you will have all the perks of a fully unlocked ROM.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOUR PHONE EXPLODES OR ANYTHING ELSE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you have downloaded the original version of this ROM please install the 'settings_update.cab' attached at the bottom of this post. I just noticed a small bug in the 'gray' accent that could cause problems if you change the language to something other than English. I have already uploaded a 'fixed' version of the ROM now as well. Enjoy.

【ROM Version】 Clean ROM 3.00

【SYS Languages】 GER/ENG/ESP/FRA/ITA

【Model of Device】 HTC HD2

【OS Version】 7.10.8858.136

-official nokia rtm base
    -full unlock via ultrashot unlocks (root manager under settings)
    -standard five north america languages only
    -original microsoft and htc wallpapers and ringtones only
    -removed oem apps
    -htc app drivers included
    -flip to silence drivers included
    -usb video out package included
    -dlna support package included
    -nokia drive included
    -sd storage unlock
    -gray accent added and set as default
    -static ip added
    -system logging disabled
    -fixed color banding
    -internet connection sharing enabled
    -other minor tweaks and improvements

*support for Microsoft, XBmod-Yuki, ultrashot, and voluptuary CAB updates

SearchKeySettings is not included because in the past I have had issues with it causing voice search via bing to no longer work.

THANKS: DFT Team, AnDim, OSBuilder Team, xboxmod, ultrashot, ceesheim, XDA Dev Team, and Microsoft

BUGS: Let me know.

As always, if you like my work please click "THANKS" ;)

DOWNLOAD - STANDARD PARTITION VERSION
    DOWNLOAD - 8GB PARTITION VERSION FOR DUAL BOOT

To install you need MAGLDR on your phone and the phone needs to be put into MAGLDR flashing mode. Then send the ROM using DWI.exe included in the zip.
    Hey folks, if anyone still has a copy of this ROM, would you mind uploading it somewhere and linking to it here? The original links are down (as with the rest of Dev-Host, unfortunately), and I think archiving software such as this is historically important. Thanks much.

Hi, this is archived clean rom wp for htc hd2
    It named is clean_rom_hd2.zip 308mb in wp folder
    Here is link : https://mega.nz/#F!ZvJkxSAZ!gvoybhid5lS5Dp4RVuSjXg

Welcome
    updated rom to fix a bug

If you have downloaded the original version of this ROM please install the 'settings_update.cab' attached at the bottom of the first post. I just noticed a small bug in the 'gray' accent that could cause problems if you change the language to something other than English. I have already uploaded a 'fixed' version of the ROM now as well. Enjoy.
    Hey! Sorry, it doesn't look like I still have the ROM downloaded anywhere; I'll let you know if I find it though.
    Shame that the non-Android/Linux archive for the HD2 apparently went down -- paging @thinhx2.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x6ZPfVjlII3zBjPAZXgTR1P5L-mTOdmD?usp=sharing
    lets make a few copies of these files to keep things alive eh???