Awesome Rubber grip stickers! UPDATED W/ PICS!!

Search This thread

flex3269

Jul 14, 2011
I had just bought the speck case for my note and really loved the case except that it was totally smooth plastic on the back and sides (Hard to hold with one hand}. And for those of you who have never dealt with the no rubber smooth back it gets really slippery especially if your hands are wet or oily. I was thinking about putting some sort of grip tape on the back to make up for the lack of rubber and i came across this gem http://geckostrips.com/shop#ecwid:category=426719&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal There is a video review on it and it looks bad ass, seems to work great and is perfect for any application. I just ordered a 12 pc universal, as soon as i put it on ill post some pics . it was $18 with shipping.

Update- just put the stickers on and they feel great and they don't add bulk to the case. great solution if you love a case that doesn't have rubber on it. very grippy .

Last edited:

flex3269

Jul 14, 2011
d8ac5ab6-9b06-1c88.jpg
d8ac5ab6-9b10-9ace.jpg
d8ac5ab6-9b1c-d82b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
Flex, I followed your lead!

I got some of these strips 3 days ago and they arrived today too. I have a flip case with a smooth plastic back. Better grip than a naked phone, but it will still slip off of tables, counters, benches. I read several sad tales of new notes already falling off of surfaces cause they slipped. Laugh all you want at the "duct tape" look, but safer is better than sorrier.

I am all about getting value for your money, so I went under clearance section for bargains. I got a clear iphone set for $4.00, an autism ribbon for $2, and a grab bag of 10 stickers for $5. These are advertising overruns with black, white, and red backgrounds. They were OOS on my pink breast cancer ribbon. So for a grand total of $11 I can put the clear iphone set on my naked note. I used the corners on the back of the note instead of the front where they have them on the instructions. It just gives your fingers something to grip while holding the phone to your ear. I have the autism ribbon in the center of the back and a general black one across the samsung logo. It feels good in the hand, and it will not slip off a table. And it is aesthetically pleasing. When I get ambitious I will cut the large iphone section into strips for the sides.

These stickers are so thin it slips right into my case. Now this is not too pretty on the back. I have advertising stickers on the back of the case- 3 down the center and one cut into 3 pieces to cover the 3 corners- leaving the speaker corner bare. This phone is not going anywhere in the case or out of it. Best $16 i spent- ($5 for shipping- that kills me, but it did arrive in 3 days- their cheapest method).

I have enough left over for the wallet case coming from hong kong.

They will keep your phone on the dash of your car, or on the seat next to you.

Great find Flex! Thank you.:)

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
wow im glad i bought a case that doesnt need duck tape

No need to hate or put down his purchase. Just because it's something you wouldn't like, doesn't mean you need to degrade somebody else's preferences and purchases. We don't need that around our forums.

To the OP, thanks for posting detailed pics about how the product looks and works, hope it helps somebody, and enjoy your purchase. =]

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
These have been around for a few years. They are grippy but longevity has been an issue for me. They do serve the purpose though.

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
These have been around for a few years. They are grippy but longevity has been an issue for me. They do serve the purpose though.

How long did they last on average for you? They remove easily enough if there is a small amount of texture to the surface. The back of my case can be repositioned easily.

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
I just ordered and recieved mine. I bought 2, 5piece kits in black for. 98/ea off ebay. I used all 10 pieces. They are the eGrips brand and it seems as though they haven't changed in the last 6 years since I've used them last. They are great for anything that requires grip. I'm using a cheap $5 snap on case thats smooth so these help. I'll post pics in a few. Maybe I can get the name of the seller too to help others who may need them and are NOT looking to spend a fortune.... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
Sorry for the pics... Shot with an Inspire... ;-) standby for the eBay info.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334888286957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334888286957.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 582
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334888306529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334888306529.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 996
  • uploadfromtaptalk1334888317805.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334888317805.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 716

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
This is one I meant to post as well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334889112813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334889112813.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 132

dakleenupman

Nov 30, 2008
Chicago
How do these pads handle jean pockets? Do they make the case too sticky?

I think in jeans it would be too sticky but for my uniform pants, its fine. The front is still slick but this way allows me to grab it from behind and slide it on out.... The phone that is... ;-)

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
Heres the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROTECTIVE-...GPS-CAMERA-MP3-PLAYER-PDA-BLACK-/300603879739

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks man! I got some cute pink ones. Much cheaper than on the official site.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

I guess to each his own. They simply look fugly to me.

It's not about the look. It's about the protection. ;)

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
I had another idea to improve grip, check out my thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1614157

:)

I had just bought the speck case for my note and really loved the case except that it was totally smooth plastic on the back and sides (Hard to hold with one hand}. And for those of you who have never dealt with the no rubber smooth back it gets really slippery especially if your hands are wet or oily. I was thinking about putting some sort of grip tape on the back to make up for the lack of rubber and i came across this gem http://geckostrips.com/shop#ecwid:category=426719&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal There is a video review on it and it looks bad ass, seems to work great and is perfect for any application. I just ordered a 12 pc universal, as soon as i put it on ill post some pics . it was $18 with shipping.

Update- just put the stickers on and they feel great and they don't add bulk to the case. great solution if you love a case that doesn't have rubber on it. very grippy .

Top Liked Posts