CM10 Development for Kindle Fire HD 7"

Search This thread

craby1925

Nov 17, 2010
Thanks!

I wonder to see your CM10!!!

BTW, how can we unlock the bootloader? Just like this???
1. use "adb reboot bootloader" access to fastboot mode?
2. using "fastboot oem unlock"

Nope, a tad more complicated, but it hasn't been released yet. We are waiting for the process to get a little safer right now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

esox_hu

Dec 16, 2010
I have N7 too. Screen has broken after two months. Its just landed on wooden floor from 2 feet high. So be careful with N7. I refused service because it would cost about $180. (bought in august for $199) It's a nice device, yeah, but this is a KFHD 7' topic. Thats why i bougth it instead of a new N7.
Everyone here wants CM10 on his/her KFHD and not proving how much "better" N7.
But how much better really? Screen isn't better, sound quality, can't be compared, speed? almost the same, holding in hand: my winner is KFHD as well...
So i think there is no point to mention N7 here. We'll just hope to have CM10 on our KFHD device as soon as it arrives...

Last edited:
Reactions: ayaxxa

dexxa05

May 5, 2007
Metz
@reverendkjr One question, when the CM 10 will be available, there we need the root for flash or not?!

craby1925

Nov 17, 2010
Glad your staying motivated, and by the looks of it, you will have plenty of alpha testers. Good luck and thanks for what you do!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings all...

You may be aware that verygreen is working on CM10 development for the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I am also working on getting this working on the Kindle Fire HD 7".

What works:

-Almost nothing so far. I can get past the bootloader and CWM will run (Thanks, verygreen!), but the CM10 ROM still needs to be developed further. I can flash it, and it appears to complete, but nothing comes up on the screen.

Trust me, this will be a slow process, but it IS BEING WORKED ON!

I will post any progress that I make.

::UPDATES::

[12/4] I now have screen working. :)
    [12/5] Boots fully, but no touchscreen and the resolution appears to be wrong. (see image below.)

kfhd7cm10.jpg

[12/7] Touchscreen now works, but is off by 90 degrees.

[12/8] Basic functionality appears to be working now.
    Wifi works, and screen and softkeys are all working now too.

Check out the video:

[12/10] 210 seems to be the magic DPI number for this device. Thanks to all of you who suggested that.

[12/18] Link to instructions on how to install revrom_alpha1:
    http://www.reverendkyle.com/index.php/articles/177-how-to-install-cm10-alpha-on-kindle-fire-hd-7

Stay tuned...
    Not to de-rail, this thread anymore, but a very nice XDA user has shipped me his KFireHD7. Specifically to finish the kernel updates which would bring the 7 up to speed with the 8.9.

I am still quite busy but at least it's just a matter of time now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I know it's taking a while for me to get a 7" HD build done; sorry for the loooong delay.

I'm fighting 1 kernel bug with display, and once that's fixed you guys will be caught up to the HD 8.9" cm10.1 build.

Which is now very usable with sound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I'm going to post my stuff within the next day or two.
    Please don't fret folks, there will be progress.

Hashcode has helped me get his CM10.1 2nd-bootloader incorporated into my current ROM, plus there are others who are working on the kernel.

Be on the lookout for a new video from me.... soon ™.