[Q] Old school "cook" needing some direction flashing my P769.

Search This thread

Matthew1034

Nov 27, 2008
Hey XDA,

I have cherished this site for a long time. I've always appreciated the devs who have produced the content that made these forums legendary and the users who have supported them and people like me. However, I'm back into the foray, and I've lost my mojo.

I use to cook ROMs for WM 5.1, 6.1, etc. In those days, I simply plugged the phone in, went into debugging mode, and flashed from the SD card. I could cook a ROM in the kitchen and have it flashed in less than an hour. But, I've been on the iPhone for the past couple years. I didn't keep up with the switch in the community to Android, and now I'm begging for help.

For the past month, I've been reading posts here and across other forums on how to flash a rom to my phone. I've tried various methods for unlocking the bootloader, rooting, flashing, doing the CWM recovery, etc. But, all I've been able to do is root the phone. I haven't had any luck with the bootloader, and I can't find a CWM that's compatible with my phone.

All I want to do at this point is rollback to V20D from F. I have the USB drivers installed, but didn't have any luck getting the LG support tool installed on 7x64 (though I will devote more time figuring it out if it's essential). I'd like to think this is easier than my confusion is making it seem!

tl;dr Old WM cook who has spent hours researching Android flashing is seeking direction on rolling back to V20D from F on his rooted, but locked bootloader P769.

If someone could point me to a few threads with bonafide guides/solutions, I will buy you a candy bar of your choice.

Thanks in advance. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Hey XDA,

I have cherished this site for a long time. I've always appreciated the devs who have produced the content that made these forums legendary and the users who have supported them and people like me. However, I'm back into the foray, and I've lost my mojo.

I use to cook ROMs for WM 5.1, 6.1, etc. In those days, I simply plugged the phone in, went into debugging mode, and flashed from the SD card. I could cook a ROM in the kitchen and have it flashed in less than an hour. But, I've been on the iPhone for the past couple years. I didn't keep up with the switch in the community to Android, and now I'm begging for help.

For the past month, I've been reading posts here and across other forums on how to flash a rom to my phone. I've tried various methods for unlocking the bootloader, rooting, flashing, doing the CWM recovery, etc. But, all I've been able to do is root the phone. I haven't had any luck with the bootloader, and I can't find a CWM that's compatible with my phone.

All I want to do at this point is rollback to V20D from F. I have the USB drivers installed, but didn't have any luck getting the LG support tool installed on 7x64 (though I will devote more time figuring it out if it's essential). I'd like to think this is easier than my confusion is making it seem!

tl;dr Old WM cook who has spent hours researching Android flashing is seeking direction on rolling back to V20D from F on his rooted, but locked bootloader P769.

If someone could point me to a few threads with bonafide guides/solutions, I will buy you a candy bar of your choice.

Thanks in advance. :fingers-crossed:

Check out my sig. Just use my themed jellybean 10E. Forget about 20d, f or h.

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app