cm7 questions

Search This thread

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Well I'd try I battery saver first. I use easy battery saver and it really does make a difference. Juice Defender is cool.I'd advise against using the free version because it doesn't do a damn thing for you that you couldn't do yourself.
Also you might wanna try this script:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8q1tqeae7pyx9kc

Its a mash up of two great scripts that tweak your memory storeage, 3G and wifi speeds. I haven't monitored its effect on my battery but its made the things I mentioned a ton better. If you want more info on it, you can find the thread in Development (I'd link you to it but I can't do that in the app :/)

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

fitchy720

Feb 3, 2012
Gotcha, now installed. What exactly should this do for me? I don't generally dl and install things w out a bit of research first... but battery is killin me...lol

Oldblackcrow

Feb 8, 2012
Athens
Thanks to all for the useful answers. I've tried juice defender (paid) in the past with no luck but I'll give it another go. However, I will try draining my battery til it's dead first and then try the other suggestions.

Other issues I'm having; I have .ogg files that I use for ring tone and messaging. In the main settings, they work perfectly on test, but when I actually receive a call, I get a completely different ringtone... this is true with the stock dialer... but I'm using GO contacts/dialer and tried setting the ringtone in there directly, but same thing. Anyone else with a similar issue? Thanks again!

Droid X2 CM7

Last edited:

fitchy720

Feb 3, 2012
I'm too impatient. I decided to sbf (which i didn't do before, i flashed cm7 from my nandroid right after rooting).i also formatted sd cards and everything. just as though i pulled it out of the box.
After sbf'ing and re flashing cm7. I'm hoping that resolves the poopy battery life. I'm slowy adding everything back. to see if maybe it's one of my apps that was inadvertantly draining my battery or something. anyway. anyone following along, i'll update as much as possible. lol

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
I'm too impatient. I decided to sbf (which i didn't do before, i flashed cm7 from my nandroid right after rooting).i also formatted sd cards and everything. just as though i pulled it out of the box.
After sbf'ing and re flashing cm7. I'm hoping that resolves the poopy battery life. I'm slowy adding everything back. to see if maybe it's one of my apps that was inadvertantly draining my battery or something. anyway. anyone following along, i'll update as much as possible. lol

You have to give it some time man...

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
I'd say 2-3 days you'll b in love.
Isn't battery saver a task killer? Is it benificial in conjunction with system tuner pro's very aggressive settings?
Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

Last edited:

fitchy720

Feb 3, 2012
on an unrelated note... how do i set the default place where things are saved ? some how or another, it's saving everything to internal memory..

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
No its a battery saver that's surprisingly customizable. I've never heard of system tuner pro.

I'd say please investigate, after data wipe this is first app I download. Has a task manager(that you can set to exclude itself). App manager- backup/restore freeze etc. CPU sliders task killer settings SD tweaks.... I Have to have this app.

Oldblackcrow

Feb 8, 2012
Athens
FYI: Pertaining to my ogg file... after deleting all the files in the folder and reconverted my tones to ogg, it seems it was probably corrupted files.

Droid X2 CM7

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
I'd say please investigate, after data wipe this is first app I download. Has a task manager(that you can set to exclude itself). App manager- backup/restore freeze etc. CPU sliders task killer settings SD tweaks.... I Have to have this app.

Does it have a one-touch app killer widget. I need one.

fitchy720

Feb 3, 2012
Ok, so now my battery life is very much acceptable. Cm7 is feeling better. Occasionally my dockbar disappears and I have to reboot. And sometimes apps seem to have a hard time launching

zeb carter

Tethering a tablet to DX2 with CM7

My phone is running the first beta (pre tethering patch). For my birthday last week, my wife bought me an Acer Iconia A200-16gb tablet. since the tablet is wifi only, I am planning on tethering it with my phone via USB.

My question - if I download the beta 2 CM7 with the tethering patch, is there anything special I need to do? specifically wiping the big 3 or can I just flash over the existing version.

Thanks to all who have had a hand in the development of the DX2 but especially DKZ for bringing CM7 to us! can't wait for CM9.:D

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
Well for a play by play the best place is Dzk's post... but just make sure after u flash the rom to flash the tether patch and ggapps and custom recovery then wipe.

Oldblackcrow

Feb 8, 2012
Athens
I found another glitch... first, when I dial a number, I got a double tone on each tap. So I shut off the tone in sound settings. Then I reactivated and now there's still no sound. I've tried rebooting several time with and without the tone checked. Any ideas? Thanks!

Droid X2 CM7

Top Liked Posts