[APP][2.3+] Expense IQ - Manage your personal finance smartly and easily

Search This thread

snake65

May 19, 2009
Adelaide
Hi all this maybe a dumb question but I have never used a budget program before and desperately need to, my question is there a step by step guide for using this program as I have tryed to figure it out for the last hour and can't do it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers
John

acidsurfr

Mar 19, 2008
Roseville
cloud sync

I love the app and have paid for the upgrade to gold for the cloud sync and password features...loved Easymoney and was a paid user since it's release. I am having a problem with the cloud sync feature. Everytime i enable the cloud sync it prompts me to log into my dropbox, then it says creating database, please wait. This runs for about 30 seconds or so then says "database creation failed". I have been trying to get this feature to work for a few days now. I've tried over wi-fi, tried over data, confirmed i have the correct information for my dropbox login and finally, i have confirmed that i have way more than enough space available on dropbox. I have sent support emails to handy apps via the website as well as the link in the help section of the app. No one is responding to my request for help. I need to get this feature working and if it's something that is bugged and not working please fix...I don't mind donating and paying for apps and such, however i do expect features that i am paying or donating for to actually work. Has anyone else had a problem or can someone help me figure out why it is not working for me

Thank you
Jim a.k.a. Acidsurfr :cyclops:

acidsurfr

Mar 19, 2008
Roseville
Update, as of an email this morning from support.. Handy-apps found the sync issue and resolved it with a workaround and added an archive feature. Thank you. Love the app, sync is now working and the file size both active and backups has been greatly reduced in size.. Awesome job and app

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Freakstyler

Apr 21, 2014
I like the look and functionality, but is the app only meant to work in Landscape orientation?

As on my Note 2014, I can't get Portrait to workat all.

Sent from my SM-P600

handyapps

Nov 4, 2011
www.handy-apps.com
Hi all this maybe a dumb question but I have never used a budget program before and desperately need to, my question is there a step by step guide for using this program as I have tryed to figure it out for the last hour and can't do it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers
John

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for trying out Expense IQ! Most of our functions are available by swiping from the left edge of a phone or on the left side of a tablet. Items such as Accounts, Budgets, Transactions and more can be added by tapping on the + icon in the individual screens. To modify those items, tap on them.

If you require assistance to understand a specific part of the app, feel free to email us at support@handy-apps.com and we will help you sort that out.

handyapps

Nov 4, 2011
www.handy-apps.com
Update, as of an email this morning from support.. Handy-apps found the sync issue and resolved it with a workaround and added an archive feature. Thank you. Love the app, sync is now working and the file size both active and backups has been greatly reduced in size.. Awesome job and app

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hi acidsurfr,

Great to hear that! Thank you for letting us know. Your support is greatly appreciated :)

kuszo

Oct 25, 2013
I'm with money lover app right now, but I'm interesting in this app, is there a way to import db from money lover?

handyapps

Nov 4, 2011
www.handy-apps.com
I'm with money lover app right now, but I'm interesting in this app, is there a way to import db from money lover?

Hi kuszo, thanks for the interest in Expense IQ!

The app allows import of CSV and QIF files. If Money Lover can export your current data to either format, we may be able to have your data transferred to Expense IQ. Email us at support@handy-apps.com so we can assist you further.

jokesonme

Oct 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Bill Reminder

I've been an Easy Money customer for some time now, and now with Expense IQ. My only issue, that Im not sure if there's a solution is I can't see a list of all bills that are in my bill reminder? And for example today is the 11th. I want to pay my mortgage which isn't due until the 1st, but there aren't any bills listed on the reminder screen. Because the date is too far out I think? I remember on Easy Money you could see all of the bills and the unpaid bills list could be refreshed so you could see next months bills. Thanks.

scottcc

Jul 15, 2014
Any tips for importing from this app?

since i can't post links yet and can't find my old account hopefully you can figure out which app i mean...

it's 'checkbook' from digital life solutions.

If you search google play you can find the app easily.

I exported in CSV and moved the columns around and renamed them like the example on your site but when i do import CSV and hit import, nothing happens. No indication that it failed or succeeded and no data is in the app.

Thanks

handyapps

Nov 4, 2011
www.handy-apps.com
I've been an Easy Money customer for some time now, and now with Expense IQ. My only issue, that Im not sure if there's a solution is I can't see a list of all bills that are in my bill reminder? And for example today is the 11th. I want to pay my mortgage which isn't due until the 1st, but there aren't any bills listed on the reminder screen. Because the date is too far out I think? I remember on Easy Money you could see all of the bills and the unpaid bills list could be refreshed so you could see next months bills. Thanks.

Hello jokesonme,

You can adjust the settings to create repeating bill reminders in advance. This settings is listed under Settings > Display Settings > Create Repeating Bills Reminders X Days in Advance. The created reminders will not disappear if you change from a longer days period to a shorter one.

handyapps

Nov 4, 2011
www.handy-apps.com
Any tips for importing from this app?

since i can't post links yet and can't find my old account hopefully you can figure out which app i mean...

it's 'checkbook' from digital life solutions.

If you search google play you can find the app easily.

I exported in CSV and moved the columns around and renamed them like the example on your site but when i do import CSV and hit import, nothing happens. No indication that it failed or succeeded and no data is in the app.

Thanks

Hello scottcc, perhaps you will like to email us directly at support@handy-apps.com so we can assist you further? Do let us know if there was an existing account in the app to import the CSV file into as well.

jokesonme

Oct 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Hello jokesonme,

You can adjust the settings to create repeating bill reminders in advance. This settings is listed under Settings > Display Settings > Create Repeating Bills Reminders X Days in Advance. The created reminders will not disappear if you change from a longer days period to a shorter one.

I am still lost. I have changed from 0 days to 90 days and it stays the same, showing 0 bills and reminders. When does it re-populate or research for bills? As soon as you change that option? And you said change it to a shorter day period. If I set it to 30 days in advance wouldn't it create bill reminders for the next month? And 60 days would create bill reminders for the next two months? Either way no matter what option I pick the reminders aren't automatically created. So wondering how I get them to reappear. And what option is best to show bill reminders for say two months, so I can always pay a month forward. Thank you.

Reactions: thecycleguy

scottcc

Jul 15, 2014
Seems like a good app but there are some annoyances compared to other apps i've used that might make me decide to stop using this one.

On the view transactions window, you can't control the sorting that i can find. Having the newest on the bottom is just weird and backwards to me. I know check registers are like that, but i'd rather see the newest on top. How about the option to sort?

when i type in a cash amount why do i have to type in the decimal point? It's an extra annoying keystroke. Other apps auto place the point.

is there an option to set cleared/uncleared etc? I don't use this and would just like it to be cleared by default.

thorindwarf

Jun 27, 2009
I have one budget defined as a All BGN accounts and on All categories.
Why is the budget calculated as a sum of the Net cash flow and the amount of the defined budget? The result is an amount which is wrongly displayed as Surplus without actually having the money.

Could you guys check this? I also wrote a few emails directly to support but no answer for weeks……....

Sent from my LG-D802

Last edited:

thecycleguy

Apr 13, 2008
I am still lost. I have changed from 0 days to 90 days and it stays the same, showing 0 bills and reminders. When does it re-populate or research for bills? As soon as you change that option? And you said change it to a shorter day period. If I set it to 30 days in advance wouldn't it create bill reminders for the next month? And 60 days would create bill reminders for the next two months? Either way no matter what option I pick the reminders aren't automatically created. So wondering how I get them to reappear. And what option is best to show bill reminders for say two months, so I can always pay a month forward. Thank you.

It bothers me that they haven't answered your question because I have exactly the same issue and have email support directly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Expense IQ is the long awaited successor to EasyMoney - the number one money manager app that combines an expense manager, a bill reminder, a checkbook register and a budget planner!

Available in Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.handyapps.expenseiq

Expense IQ – Expense Manager provides a rich, detailed window into your personal finances and daily money management needs.

Track and manage daily expenses quickly & easily! Business expenses, personal expenses, travel expenses etc can all be managed rapidly using Expense IQ’s simple and intuitive user interface.
    Interactive reports & graphs let you analyse income, expenses, cash flow and balance over various date ranges and accounts.
    pKfp-VU6YQWGvxWFBsqusi5B0tIPIdzpKfPIDEwApHMhosmkp5mLnMEu3YkgOC7-T10=h900-rw

To more effectively manage your budgets, you need a budget planner that makes keeping track of your expenses fun and easy. The integrated budget manager within Expense IQ lets you set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars that warns you when you are about to exceed your budgets.
    nYreHvYnCTJ_vJFDcpLuhjCrh9rsblmH7oy3fd49f45iYz_pf1RVUQi5r9fOWVHmU0T4=h900-rw

Also integrated is a bill reminder that helps you avoid nasty late fees by issuing you timely reminders to pay your bills. You can even take a picture of your bills or invoices to keep a digital record.
    T6drL_oL0t_ENZotWcjPWm4YXPE_CZUJmw9cl5wxvr9EF4kUDwJ81Aq2Y9Qe-OdTuoI=h900-rw

Extensive Features:
    -Cloud synchronization via Dropbox to synchronize transaction data between multiple devices
    -Split transactions supported for more detailed income & expense management
    -Export captured data as QIF & CSV to desktop money managers (eg. Quicken) for expense reporting etc.
    -Includes a Home Screen Widget for even faster expense management & tracking. Add transactions straight from the home page once you enable the widget - great for daily expense tracking!
    -Receive notifications of upcoming and overdue bills - for both one-time payments as well as recurring bills
    -Set monthly budgets on specific accounts and/or categories and monitor them via color-coded budget health bars
    -Fully customizable income and expense categories for more accurate budget planning.
    -Take photos of Bills & Receipts
    -Integrated Checkbook Manager
    -Track and manage expense and income for multiple accounts in multiple currencies
    -Setup repeating transactions
    -Support transfers between accounts
    -Lock application using a 4-digit security pin
    -Backup data onto SD card
    -Daily automated backup creation

Download Expense IQ today!

This app is not just for money lovers! Whether you are looking for a better daily expense manager or trying to stay out of debt and be money wise, Expense IQ is definitely the ideal tool to stay on top of your finances.

u7i-NpzPIewI3nXBd6GyISNQV7QuZ8XBw94iMbVLDAGsh-2QPD0D2GfvjqWQJ3jLzA=h900-rw
    Nu4bAKcHilVh0G-aifWR6I4sMumLyWGre-c5sOqcp1C26I89Fa7uuksi8aPAJQo9YvM=h900-rw

All rights reserved by Handy Apps.
    A way better UI than what EasyMoney has! Is there a way to migrate the database of Easymoney to ExpenseIQ without losing the photos of bills?

Hi! There are some radical changes from EasyMoney to Expense IQ so there isn't a quick solution to that. However, it is possible via some manual file movements on your device. Other than the photos, you can transfer the transactions too.Here's how you can do that.

1. Install Expense IQ.
    2. Launch EasyMoney, and go to Database Tools.
    3. Select Export CSV and export each individual account you have. These will be exported to sdcard0/EasyMoney/csv_output folder. Copy all the files there.
    4. Paste copied files to sdcard0/ExpenseIQ/csv_input.
    5. Copy sdcard0/EasyMoney/photos. Then paste the folder to sdcard0/ExpenseIQ/photos and allow file overwrite.
    5. Launch Expense IQ and recreate all your accounts.
    6. Proceed to Import CSV, select an account and a specific CSV file to import. Make sure all formats are similar.
    7. Wait for the import and the import successful message.
    8. Go to accounts and check that the transactions have been imported.

Once the first import works, please continue for all other accounts. Do note that budgets and bill reminders have to be recreated manually.

If you require further assistance, email us with ‘Data porting to Expense IQ’ as subject title to support@handy-apps.com.
    Bill Reminder

Thank you for your response! The latest version of ExpenseIQ introduced a new import option: 'Import from EasyMoney', this way the migration from EasyMoney is very convenient - thank you HandyApps! :good: The photos folder can be manually copied to the folder of ExpenseIQ.

I have started to use and I really liked it.

Are you planning to support Google Drive based cloud sync? Is there any data encryption during cloud sync?

Great to hear that! We may look into other cloud sync options in future updates. As of now, Expense IQ's Dropbox sync utilises a function called Datastore by Dropbox. Datastore is some sort of Database in the Dropbox and is owned by the user only (privacy wise secure) so it won’t appear in a folder. This provide faster synchronization than conventional file saving of an entire database. Let us know if you want the link to log in and view your data, we will drop you a PM :)
    Thanks for the info! Datastore by Dropbox is really interesting feature.

I am actively using ExpenseIQ, and I really like it. Although there might be some improvements that would help a lot:
    • In the calculator, a button to delete a mistyped digit
    • Photo attachment function is missing in split tranzaction
    • In the photo attachment screen the latest pictures should be on top
    • Adding categories in a split transaction, the last row is not saved, if the plus sign is not pressed on that row

There were a bunch of updates in the app, it gets even better. I hope this feedback might be usefull.

Thanks for your various feedback Banko6!

1 and 3. Noted! We will look into these when designing future updates.
    2. This has since been added to v1.0.4_21. Do update Expense IQ when there is an update available.
    4. The + sign must be tapped to ensure that the specific category is added. We won't know whether you'd accidentally type something in the last row or genuinely wanted that last category but didn't add it when saving the entire transaction. If it was an accident, additional action on your part is needed to edit and re-save that transaction again. Thus, we decided to stop that additional action by making that + sign compulsory when adding a category in the first place.

We appreciate your feedback in helping us improve on Expense IQ!