[ROM] 10/14/10 Uncommon_EVO-v.02 stable pngopt crazy-fast

Search This thread

bcnice20

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2009
south va.
Another thing I noticed is the HTC qwerty keyboard is a big fat 7mb. Does anyone really need a qwerty keyboard for this phone. Maybe move it to data for the extra space.

gmail.apk is outdated also and since its now a separate app it would probably be better in data instead.

Same with adobe flash. since it will get updated often it will end up in data anyway.

It may just be me but specially with sense ROM's any space that can be saved in the /system/ will just give more memory to use.

I don't have any FC's using the mail.apk with my exchange server.

i wouldnt update flash pretty sure you need the hexedited version it for hulu

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
Any way to change the app drawer to 4 rows? Also does this have the option to add folders to the app drawer?

im pretty sure it would only take 1 line of code to change it back to 4 rows i was doing some comparing last night and think i remember running across it

and yes it does with as many apps as i have its quite handy

o yea and after the optimizations and removal of some apks there will be plenty of space in the next build

even before i started optimizing things it was setting at 156 mbs i believe

Last edited:

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
im pretty sure it would only take 1 line of code to change it back to 4 rows i was doing some comparing last night and think i remember running across it

and yes it does with as many apps as i have its quite handy

o yea and after the optimizations and removal of some apks there will be plenty of space in the next build

even before i started optimizing things it was setting at 156 mbs i believe

Well I can't wait to see your release tonight! Stop waisting time replying to me and finish already, lol!

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
and someone correct me if im wrong but isnt your system and data 2 different partitions with 2 seperate values

data is where all user apps will be stored

system is where all preinstalled apps will be stored (so technically you would want as many as possible in system partition

only real reason to put them in data is to make easily uninstallable

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
I think i wrote over your flash.apk that works with hulu. I did a batch restore from titanium and forgot i had backed up the original flash file which wrote over your file...DO you have the apk that will work with Hulu so i can write over the original please?

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
and someone correct me if im wrong but isnt your system and data 2 different partitions with 2 seperate values

data is where all user apps will be stored

system is where all preinstalled apps will be stored (so technically you would want as many as possible in system partition

only real reason to put them in data is to make easily uninstallable

The more you put in system the less memory you have to work with. Once I get rid of most things on first boot I have around 210mb free memory which is much better then what I started with. It may not seem like much but you can really start to tell the difference.

After using the ROM for awhile even pinch zooming while browsing is a bit laggy.

So unless I am missing something my main reason for putting apps in data is to have more free memory.

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
I totally forgot to add in the reboot options ill make a flammable zip soon as I get home

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
If there are multiple widget choices, the phone icon shows on the back key when you go through the widget choices. Like adding an HTC clock widget. Also the people widget is broken on the top. Almost there.

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
which lock screen do they have ? How can I get the vanilla lockscreen?

Sent from my Evo using Swype and Tapatalk!

Just delete htclockscreen.apk

Only reason I'm using that and the HTC music apk is because I haven't added lockscreen music controls in for the aosp lockscreen yet

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App