• Not so good...

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'm currently on Optimus DE v2.3 with Sprint as my carrier. I've tried multiple ROMs, including stock, and the GPS is wildly inaccurate. Sometimes it'll get a good enough fix to navigate, and other times it'll get confused and freeze my location or be really inaccurate. I honestly think these problems started after the KitKat update because it wasn't quite this bad on Jelly Bean. This makes me think it's software related, not hardware related. Take a look at this picture below, I have an S3 on the left and the G2 on the right:

CEBlynR.jpg

Any ideas on possible fixes? I really don't want to downgrade to Jelly Bean just because of this. I've tried using GPS apps from the Play Store, such as GPS Status and Toolbox, GPS Test, etc. but they haven't made any difference.

Reactions: MeestaAytch

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I'm currently on Optimus DE v2.3 with Sprint as my carrier. I've tried multiple ROMs, including stock, and the GPS is wildly inaccurate. Sometimes it'll get a good enough fix to navigate, and other times it'll get confused and freeze my location or be really inaccurate. I honestly think these problems started after the KitKat update because it wasn't quite this bad on Jelly Bean. This makes me think it's software related, not hardware related. Take a look at this picture below, I have an S3 on the left and the G2 on the right:

CEBlynR.jpg

Any ideas on possible fixes? I really don't want to downgrade to Jelly Bean just because of this. I've tried using GPS apps from the Play Store, such as GPS Status and Toolbox, GPS Test, etc. but they haven't made any difference.

Guessing you already have it on high accuracy? Might have to flash a stock ROM and get a good GPS lock then reflash again

MeestaAytch

Aug 15, 2012
City of Angels
I had the same issue. Let me tell you absolutely no stock ROMs helped either. Oddly enough only aosp is 100% accurate and gives me zero gps issues. I'm running paranoid android and while it does have it's issues like volumes are a tad too high and there are wakelock issues.... Having the ability to use my GPS far outweighs that. I need to use GPS quite a lot.

Try out paranoid android and let me know if you see the same.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I had the same issue. Let me tell you absolutely no stock ROMs helped either. Oddly enough only aosp is 100% accurate and gives me zero gps issues. I'm running paranoid android and while it does have it's issues like volumes are a tad too high and there are wakelock issues.... Having the ability to use my GPS far outweighs that. I need to use GPS quite a lot.

Try out paranoid android and let me know if you see the same.

Which PA version are you on? I want the exact build so I can flash it and know that I have better chances of the GPS working. :D

Have you tried FasterGPS from the play store?

made a world of difference on my n5

Didn't help. :(

Interesting. Had high hopes for it, but it didn't help either, or only helped marginally. :(

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Last edited:

MeestaAytch

Aug 15, 2012
City of Angels
I did nothing special. I was official stock ZVC. Did root via ioroot then autorec then flashed PA and been using it for a while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CEBlynR.jpg