No connection of WiFi

Search This thread

Cyruss89

Mar 7, 2011
Cologne
Hi everyone,

somehow my Optimus seems to have problem getting internet via WiFi, after flashing a Vodafone ROM. Does anyone have an idea how I might fix it?

Thanks

aptcore

Nov 4, 2011
Bogota
Can you be more specific? Does WiFi turn on? Is the phone able to find networks?

Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

energywave

Jul 6, 2007
Gorla Maggiore - VA
Wifi + 3G

Are there any news about that? I have problems with Wifi and I updated my ROM to Vodafone ROM.
I'm sure that there are no such problems with original vodafone phones (in my office there are 6 Vodafone Optimus 7...).
the problem is that when Wifi is active and 3G too it connects to wifi, it works through wifi for a while but suddenly the connection stops working. It seems like the phone try to use 3G (cause you can see 3G becomes H) but no communications happens. (websites go in timeout, marketplace keep loading, etc).
If I disable 3G... it works flawless with wifi! That's very strange, I was about to open a thread about that.
Do you have any news about this? Do you have the same issue?

Fliptil

Sep 16, 2008
I have the same problem.

I have it since 7720 I think. My solution for now is simply switch off Cell data and switch on WIFI when I am at home. A real solution would be very welcome.

Ronald

energywave

Jul 6, 2007
Gorla Maggiore - VA
I have the same problem.

I have it since 7720 I think. My solution for now is simply switch off Cell data and switch on WIFI when I am at home. A real solution would be very welcome.

Ronald

That's my solution too but I don't like it! What ROM do you have? Did you flashed a Vodafone ROM on a non Vodafone branded phone or what else?
Here in my office we have 7 different Optimus 7 and I've noticed that:
  • 4 Vodafone (ita) branded with original ROM. Don't have this issue
  • 2 TIM (ita) branded phones reflashed with Vodafone ROM. Don't have this issue
  • 1 Wind (ita) branded phone reflashed with Vodafone ROM. This is the phone with the issue

The TIM branded phone was two time to assistence because had a 3G instability / problem (there is a thread I started here on xda).
I begin to suspect that it's a problem for assistence, even if it seems a software problem because every two device used alone works well. What do you think?

Fliptil

Sep 16, 2008
I really don't know...

My phone did not have a problem besides this problem (it did shutdown on itself - when carried in my pocket, this is resolved since 8107).

I have flashed the NLD OPN ROM from XDA (nasirahmed posted this ROM, there's a thread somewhere here), this is a 7720 ROM. As far as I remember this problem got introduced after 7720. Then I updated to 8107 using the packages on XDA also.

The phone was originally a German OPN one (I bought it before the dutch version was available) I believe. I flashed it with this OPN ROM in a dutch flavor.

System versions:
firmware 1.1.4.10
hardware 1.0.0.0

Greetz, Ronald