xxScoobxx

Jan 13, 2013
adelphi
Re: [STICKY INDEX] AT&T GS III - I747 {Guides/ROMs/Root/Recovery}

Will do! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

coolwhipp420

Jan 28, 2013
Can anyone pls help me?? I need a good cwm touch file.. Here's what I did the other day.. I already had cwm on my ATT galasy s3( can't remember which version of cwm I had.. It wasn't touch, but everything worked). Well I wanted to update it touch... So I d/l a zip file of cwm that claims to be v6. Something.. Touch version.. Well I flashed it in cwm, and when I rebooted.. Cwm now says its v5.5.0.4. And can't read the extSD.. I d/l a couple .tar files that claim to be touch v6. Something.. Well I flashed those files with mobile Odin lite.. But cwm still says v5.5.0.4.. The recovery files in the OP seem to be broken.. So can anyone attach a file. Or at least point me in a direction of a file that works for sure.. Any information is appreciated!!

xxScoobxx

Jan 13, 2013
adelphi
Re: [STICKY INDEX] AT&T GS III - I747 {Guides/ROMs/Root/Recovery}

Download it off the rom manager in the play store, it will let you know there is a upgrade available for touch. You will have to pay like 2 bucks tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Can anyone pls help me?? I need a good cwm touch file.. Here's what I did the other day.. I already had cwm on my ATT galasy s3( can't remember which version of cwm I had.. It wasn't touch, but everything worked). Well I wanted to update it touch... So I d/l a zip file of cwm that claims to be v6. Something.. Touch version.. Well I flashed it in cwm, and when I rebooted.. Cwm now says its v5.5.0.4. And can't read the extSD.. I d/l a couple .tar files that claim to be touch v6. Something.. Well I flashed those files with mobile Odin lite.. But cwm still says v5.5.0.4.. The recovery files in the OP seem to be broken.. So can anyone attach a file. Or at least point me in a direction of a file that works for sure.. Any information is appreciated!!
Did you use the CWM (v6023) touch from the OP?

Last edited:

coolwhipp420

Jan 28, 2013
Thx xxscoobxx. I forgot all about ROM manager.. That worked for me..

And TonyStark.. The links in the OP didn't work for me.. Kept getting error when I click link.. Is it cause I tried d/l from my phone and not a PC?¿

TonyStark R.I.P.

May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Thx xxscoobxx. I forgot all about ROM manager.. That worked for me..

And TonyStark.. The links in the OP didn't work for me.. Kept getting error when I click link.. Is it cause I tried d/l from my phone and not a PC?¿
I was able to dl to both ny phone and my tablet, files ar good. At the bottem of the recovery section, there is a link directly to CWM w/ all versions of CWM. You need to scroll down to d2att and you will see your device.

Glad you were able to get it resolved.

Reactions: CyclingVinnie

CyclingVinnie

Jan 18, 2013
Minneapolis
Thanks for all of this!

One question though, if I install a ROM, say blackjelly and it is updated in a week, 2 weeks, etc.... when I update do I have to put everything back to where it was before I updated (apps, folders, etc)

TonyStark R.I.P.

May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Thanks for all of this!

One question though, if I install a ROM, say blackjelly and it is updated in a week, 2 weeks, etc.... when I update do I have to put everything back to where it was before I updated (apps, folders, etc)
Yes, unless you install an app from the market such as Titanium Backup I would also suggest purchasing the Pro key, as it is more complete and will work w/ most every Android device you have from now on. TB has many videos and a website, search googe for it. You will learn how to do whatever you need it to do. Most important, backing up apps and settings.

GL

Last edited:
Reactions: CyclingVinnie

ikjadoon

Jul 4, 2012
Lenovo P11
Nice thread. :D

If you want, you could add CF-Auto-Root as a rooting tool (link for i747 version in sig). Takes about 3 minutes, but trips flash counter. IMO, it feels a little teensy tiny bit safer than Mr. Robinson's method.

Reactions: TonyStark R.I.P.

EricCJacobson

Feb 2, 2013
Stock de-odexed UCDLK3 Jelly Bean?

Can someone direct me to a stock de-odexed UCDLK3 Jelly Bean ROM that I can flash with CWM recovery?

My goal is to basically keep my ROM the same as the official AT&T stock but be able to flash this mod app:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1749921

I'm not sure if I have the time to play with a ROM that is significantly customized yet. I'm also a bit scared of using a ROM that removes AT&T bloat b/c I currently use some of it (e.g., Messages for v-mail and SMS...if that is bloat).

Thanks

EricCJacobson

Feb 2, 2013
Can someone direct me to a stock de-odexed UCDLK3 Jelly Bean ROM that I can flash with CWM recovery?

My goal is to basically keep my ROM the same as the official AT&T stock but be able to flash this mod app:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1749921

I'm not sure if I have the time to play with a ROM that is significantly customized yet. I'm also a bit scared of using a ROM that removes AT&T bloat b/c I currently use some of it (e.g., Messages for v-mail and SMS...if that is bloat).

Thanks

I guess Devil's Reject and LoserROM are two good choices. Are these the most popular stock JB ROMs?

EricCJacobson

Feb 2, 2013
I guess Devil's Reject and LoserROM are two good choices. Are these the most popular stock JB ROMs?

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Devil's Reject ROM but the mod I want, http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1749921, doesn't run on it. The OP cook confirmed it. Would you mind looking at the versions of the above mod and helping me find a popular JB ROM that it will run on?

I've been sifting through these threads all week but I'm just not able to figure this out yet. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts