U8 UWatch Pro

Search This thread

alesul

Account currently disabled
Nov 5, 2010
GB
Hello guys,what do you think about this nice watch?
It have dual function...bluetoth shincronize with smartphones and a simcard phone function!

Here is all the details,and is like an upgrade of simple U8
http://emergencyplus-tw.com/wordpress/?p=1033

I buyt from ebay with 62usd,and I wait to come now!
Maybe will have more firmwares and details in future!

gordon1hd1

Jun 24, 2010
Hello guys,what do you think about this nice watch?
It have dual function...bluetoth shincronize with smartphones and a simcard phone function!

Here is all the details,and is like an upgrade of simple U8
http://emergencyplus-tw.com/wordpress/?p=1033

I buyt from ebay with 62usd,and I wait to come now!
Maybe will have more firmwares and details in future!

Keep us updated alesul :)

Also a walk through video is available on youtube (in Chinese):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ldpTp1kZyQ

From what information I gather through the video, the watch does not run Android, instead run a custom OS (java based most likely). The battery size is 350mah, and the watch take an optional micro-sim.

The video also claim the watch is water resistant, but not water proof. Additional the sync software work mostly only with Android, iOS have very limited sync functionality.

NeelDroid

Mar 6, 2012
Kolkata
Hi

Hey can u plz give the review.. I am thinking of buying a smartwatch within $70-80.. so considering U8 or U8 Pro.. there is another one though which I liked but can't find any review at all.. So how is this U8 Pro? & another thing.. do u know if in the given range there is any watch with a 3.5mm port or not?

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
@NeelDroid - there's the SmartQ Z watch which but its $99, however using Bitcoin you can get it for $79. Features:
3.5mm port
3 different custom ROMs
Firmaware updates
Play Store but only certain apps work
Water resistant

Refer to the thread pls.

On a different note there's the Chinese Pebble copy for around $58. Please refer to its thread.

Last edited:

simple1i

Aug 3, 2009
london
@simple1i
This 79$ is with shipping or without, if w/o what will be cost to poland (if its possible)?

$79 with shipping registered worldwide :highfive: - it does not have a speaker, just a 3.5mm port.

Contact user adro (no paypal, bitcoin only) http://smartqwatch.com/forum/discussion/5336/selling-smartq-z-watch-z-watch-lite-69usd

Note: there are two models, the lite model for $69 no with no Wifi and less RAM ...i think and the other one with Wifi. Come with a few colours.

Also a newer model (Z2 or P1 or H1, not sure what its called) is supposed to be coming out in June, unconfirmed cost is around $169, no 3,5mm port, but with speakers.

Reactions: ch3mn3y

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Heh. Who need speaker in watch? Vibrations are usefull, but speaker?

MIC/Speaker is a very useful feature. Voice to text/text to voice, voice search, voice commands and the like. This can all be done without digging that 5.4" massive phone out of your pocket every time or in cases where your hands are full or the phone is out of reach. Speaker without a MIC is silly though.

bustanut666

Dec 19, 2008
i just sold my u8 to get the u8 pro... found like 3 new videos of it on youtube and it seems good for the money.. hopefully i'll get it soon..

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
so what are the differences between U8 and U8 pro?

hardware looks different, or are there real changes?

software is newer but not that much different?

same BTNotifier app?

my2234

Jul 14, 2014

same BTNotifier app?

Well there is a micro sim card slot which allows it to be a stand alone phone if needed.

This is all for an android phone ad that is what I am using with btnotify as downloaded from the details on the instruction sheet that came with the phone.
The phone arrived set to Chinese so to set it to English find the settings icon (looks like a gear wheel)
Tap the second option down.
Tap the second option down again.
Select the first option which is English.

I have one of these and it works pretty well even just as a phone.
Unfortunately the instruction sheet is a bit limited and you need to work a few things out.
Using btnotification on an android phone it will push full notification with some of the contents not just the fact you have a message to the watch.
You can start your smart phone camera and see the picture it is seeing then make it capture it on the smart phone using the smart watch as a remote control.
You can use the music app on the smart watch to operate your music played app on the smart phone to play music held on your phone. On mine I can skip tracks but NOT alter the volume coming through the smart phone speakers or smart phone earphones.
Of you allow the music to play through the smart watch speaker or earphone then the volume control on the smart watch works locally.
This may depend on the app you have on the phone and what functionality the phone has.
There are 4 clock faces and the digital one is very good.
The screen is bright and has good viewing angles. It comes on with a button press and goes off on a second button press or after about 5 seconds of inactivity. This is good for the battery life and not as much as much of a pain as it might at first appear.. No more so than pressing a button for a back light at night. There is only one button so you can't get it wrong.
Slightly annoyingly the standard micro USB plugs are longer at about 8mm because the USB slot is sunk to protect it from damage and water I suppose. The earphones are also micro USB in fact the same slot a there is only one. A 3.5 mm jack would have been better for me ad I don't like the earphones supplied very much. A bit of rooting around on the net can yield some 8mm cables but as yet I have not found a 8mm micro USB to 3.5 mm jack plug adaptor.
If anyone can work out how the speed dial works I would love to know how.
You can get the local sim to call numbers by entering their position on the sim followed by #. Not really the same thing but easier than scrolling through the local address book. Note their position on the sim is as they were added to the sim not alphabetical.
I might add to this as I find out a bit more.
I do have the observation that while names come up for incoming calls to the smart watch if they come from the smart phone it displays the phone number. Maybe this is just my fault.
Both the lost phone and loss of blue tooth connection (phone out of range) work.
I will be interested to see any other comments or instructions from anyone else.
Well only one day in and I find an undocumented feature. If you move your arm forward like you want to know the time the screen comes on. So one handed operation is no problem. Obviously someone used an accelerometer feed to switch on the display or my watch has a loose connection but I think it is very clever, just wish I had a manual that documented all the features.
Note you may have to try it a few times to get it to work but it will.

Last edited:

RMnaf

Jul 16, 2014
Upro

Well there is a micro sim card slot which allows it to be a stand alone phone if needed.

This is all for an android phone ad that is what I am using with btnotify as downloaded from the details on the instruction sheet that came with the phone.
The phone arrived set to Chinese so to set it to English find the settings icon (looks like a gear wheel)

Unfortunately the instruction sheet is a bit limited and you need to work a few things out.
Using btnotification on an android phone it will push full notification with some of the contents not just the fact you have a message to the watch.
You can start your smart phone camera and see the picture it is seeing then make it capture it on the smart phone using the smart watch as a remote control.
You can use the music app on the smart watch to operate your music played app on the smart phone to play music held on your phone. On mine I can skip tracks but NOT alter the volume coming through the smart phone speakers or smart phone earphones.
Of you allow the music to play through the smart watch speaker or earphone then the volume control on the smart watch works locally.
This may depend on the app you have on the phone and what functionality the phone has.
The screen is bright and has good viewing angles. It comes on with a button press and goes off on a second button press or after about 5 seconds of inactivity. This is good for the battery life and not as much as much of a pain as it might at first appear.. No more so than pressing a button for a back light at night. There is only one button so you can't get it wrong.
Slightly annoyingly the standard micro USB plugs are longer at about 8mm because the USB slot is sunk to protect it from damage and water I suppose. The earphones are also micro USB in fact the same slot a there is only one. A 3.5 mm jack would have been better for me ad I don't like the earphones supplied very much. A bit of rooting around on the net can yield some 8mm cables but as yet I have not found a 8mm micro USB to 3.5 mm jack plug adaptor.
You can get the local sim to call numbers by entering their position on the sim followed by #. Not really the same thing but easier than scrolling through the local address book. Note their position on the sim is as they were added to the sim not alphabetical.
I do have the observation that while names come up for incoming calls to the smart watch if they come from the smart phone it displays the phone number. Maybe this is just my fault.
Both the lost phone and loss of blue tooth connection (phone out of range) work.
I will be interested to see any other comments or instructions from anyone else.
Well only one day in and I find an undocumented feature. If you move your arm forward like you want to know the time the screen comes on. So one handed operation is no problem. Obviously someone used an accelerometer feed to switch on the display or my watch has a loose connection but I think it is very clever, just wish I had a manual that documented all the features.

Thanks on advise on clock "moving hand forward" I discovered you just shake your hand and it comes on.(This was bugging me the phone goes off now its ok)
Just rec my UPro. Works very well so far. Hope it last for some time.
Able to rec and make calls
Able to take pics.
Able to rec sms. Sending tedious though.
Able to insert another sim card.
Can see callers on in coming phone and names and messages in sms.
Q- Is there any Whatsapp. i cant find it.
tks

bustanut666

Dec 19, 2008
Thanks on advise on clock "moving hand forward" I discovered you just shake your hand and it comes on.(This was bugging me the phone goes off now its ok)
Just rec my UPro. Works very well so far. Hope it last for some time.
Able to rec and make calls
Able to take pics.
Able to rec sms. Sending tedious though.
Able to insert another sim card.
Can see callers on in coming phone and names and messages in sms.
Q- Is there any Whatsapp. i cant find it.
tks

So moving your arm up turns on the screen? Is this a standard function or does like the pedometer have to be on?

mahnameisjaime1

Jan 16, 2014
is the watch strap replaceable? i dont really like buckle straps and would prefer a deployment clasp. im gonna be ordering this tomorrow so i would just like to know so that i could get the strap at the same time. I intend to make a video on this watch since there arent many. im actually excited for this watch, my hopes arent high but from what i can tell it's a pretty decent smart watch for what it costs.

alakimaki

Jul 3, 2014

aliexpress.com/item/New-Micro-USB-to-3-5mm-RCA-Jack-Headphone-Earphone-Audio-Adapter-Socket-Convertor-Cable-Free/1457486610.html

i guess if the usb connector is not long enough on this one could remove the plastic case and stick some hot glue on it to make it longer.
so i got the impression though that you cannot store music on u8 pro itself, right?
also i`m kind of assuming that you would not be able to use u8 pro with bluetooth headset

mahnameisjaime1

Jan 16, 2014
aliexpress.com/item/New-Micro-USB-to-3-5mm-RCA-Jack-Headphone-Earphone-Audio-Adapter-Socket-Convertor-Cable-Free/1457486610.html

i guess if the usb connector is not long enough on this one could remove the plastic case and stick some hot glue on it to make it longer.
so i got the impression though that you cannot store music on u8 pro itself, right?
also i`m kind of assuming that you would not be able to use u8 pro with bluetooth headset

headset of headphones? you should be able to use a headset but it might get a bit complicated. like if you answered on the phone and wanted to switch to the headset, it might switch to the watch instead of the headset but thats the only problem that might come up. because this watch is its own phone, it allows you answer the phone with the audio coming out of the phone and if you answer on the watch the sound will come out of the watch, the headset shouldnt get in the way... but thats based off my understanding of how the watch and bluetooth works, ill update when i get the watch haha

update: i said up there that answering on the phone would make the audio come out of the phone while answering on the watch will make the audio come out of the watch. well earlier today i asked on youtube whether or not this is true and the guy said that it is false. audio will always come out of the watch. BUT in the elegance u8 thread, someone said that the the audio will only come out of the watch if you answer on the watch, so im not sure. can anyone else confirm whether this is true or false?

Last edited:

my2234

Jul 14, 2014
is the watch strap replaceable? i dont really like buckle straps and would prefer a deployment clasp. im gonna be ordering this tomorrow so i would just like to know so that i could get the strap at the same time. I intend to make a video on this watch since there arent many. im actually excited for this watch, my hopes arent high but from what i can tell it's a pretty decent smart watch for what it costs.

I think the strap is a standard 24mm wide or just slightly less than 1 inch.
It looks pretty standard with except that the pin holding it is not a spring loaded type but
in fact looks as if it is some sort of screw with a hexaganol head
of the type you would put a very small Allen key in.
Changing it looks as though it should be pretty easy if you have two such Allen keys.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Not quite as easy as that because the metal outer case has to be 8mm all the way back from the tip to the shoulder on the plastic.
I read somewhere about someone stripping back the standard plastic plug and finding just the wires underneath.
There is a web site I found selling the longer tip variety of micro USB plug so if it arrives I will test it and maybe I can post a link.

You are correct I think as so far the only music I have played was on my smart phone.
The Bluetooth headphones might not be a problem as you can probable pair them with your smart phone
if the watch won't recognise them , which I suspect it wont.
The odd thing even then the volume control on the watch, in my case won't communicate with the volume control in my music app.
It will make the tracks skip and pause, pity about the volume control.
It is a dedicated piece of firmware as opposed to Android so it boots up very quickly but there are limitations unless the manufacturer posts updates to the firmware.
The battery life is quite good so far, for me a day of light use at least. Charging is pretty quick. It will of course charge off a lap top or aux battery using its 8mm micro USB cable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think the strap is a standard 24mm wide or just slightly less than 1 inch.
    It looks pretty standard with except that the pin holding it is not a spring loaded type but
    in fact looks as if it is some sort of screw with a hexaganol head
    of the type you would put a very small Allen key in.
    Changing it looks as though it should be pretty easy if you have two such Allen keys.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Not quite as easy as that because the metal outer case has to be 8mm all the way back from the tip to the shoulder on the plastic.
    I read somewhere about someone stripping back the standard plastic plug and finding just the wires underneath.
    There is a web site I found selling the longer tip variety of micro USB plug so if it arrives I will test it and maybe I can post a link.

You are correct I think as so far the only music I have played was on my smart phone.
    The Bluetooth headphones might not be a problem as you can probable pair them with your smart phone
    if the watch won't recognise them , which I suspect it wont.
    The odd thing even then the volume control on the watch, in my case won't communicate with the volume control in my music app.
    It will make the tracks skip and pause, pity about the volume control.
    It is a dedicated piece of firmware as opposed to Android so it boots up very quickly but there are limitations unless the manufacturer posts updates to the firmware.
    The battery life is quite good so far, for me a day of light use at least. Charging is pretty quick. It will of course charge off a lap top or aux battery using its 8mm micro USB cable.
    Link as text

https:// play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.smartwatch

delete the space after //

same BTNotifier app?

Can't get any of your links to actually download anything, where is the original link for 1321 version?
    Can you get into the file dropper website? I accessed from desktop and mobile chrome and it worked.
    One thing to bear in mind is that the catcha code is case sensitive.
    I don't have 1.3.21,but here is the official link for 1.3.20

http://dl.vmall.com/c0wl4l104v

Edit, found this on the playstore.... Seems to work well.. Is the 3.02 firmware. Am waiting to receive a notification to see if it displays as much info as the mediatek one- edit it displays sender and subject from Gmail app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bt.smartwatch

The Dev also has another app, but doesn't seem to have as many options
    So i have found 4 versions of BT notify.. Seems like 1.3.21 works the best for me.. Everything works and seems faster..

The latest version 3.01, the remote camera didn't work.

Here are the links

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1319

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1320

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-1321

http://www.filedropper.com/btnotify-301