JI6 installed automatically... my phone is stuck at the Vibrant boot screen

Search This thread

Tengis

Sep 17, 2007
Phone is rooted and I believe Ive got a lag fix installed.

No idea what I need to do - did a quick looksie through the JI6 thread and I didnt see anything in particular about the update ****ign up anyones phone.

EDIT: The update is called JI6 right? Whatever I got automatically from tmobile is what messed it up.

Last edited:

MaxZach

Sep 4, 2010
I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking its because I had the lag fix before this.

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
If you have the voodoo lagfix then you may have to use odin to fix things. See the instructions on the first post of the thread for Simbionix for that.

With other lagfixes you may just be able to wipe the phone. Can you still access recovery?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Tengis

Sep 17, 2007
I can access recovery. I really didnt want to lose things like contacts saved on my phone even though I dont give a piss about anything else. I dont think the contacts copied into SIM so I may be screwed on that.

briankao1992

Aug 24, 2010
If you had your Gmail synced, all the contacts should be on your gmail account, and it will not be wiped

Tengis

Sep 17, 2007
Sweet. I dont use Google regularly so I didnt even think about the contacts syncing to it.

What is my next step? What should I do? The ODIN thing?

bl4ckdr4g00n

Jul 1, 2010
It's a google phone, but u denied to use google service frequently, then you deserve the punishment

Just kidding. I think Odin is the only solution here. And don't forget to use google service after getting your phone back from death =D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

bestwebs

Dec 5, 2008
Hi,
The same thing happened to me.
I pushed bionix 1.6 to sdcard with adb.
Then flashed it with clockwork.
I am up again.
What a tmobile nighmare.

:)

Ssgvendetta

Jun 22, 2010
flushing
to disable vodoo lagfix

A quick and easy way to disable voodoo lagfix, is to just create a file or a folder inside of the voodoo folder called "disable lagfix". Worked for me, hopefully this helps.

remixfa

Aug 10, 2010
same thing happened to me. The update was waiting for me when i woke up, so i hit the damn button without thinking about it (i had one eye open!!).. now i have a nice "vibrant" screen.. oi. Simply wiping the phone does nothing, so Im going to try the 2.2 to 2.1 fix.. here goes nuthin..

mgiusto

Jul 17, 2009
NYC
Same thing here. I had a lag fix (not the voodoo one) and a GPS fix. Not sure which solution to go with. I'll wait for some more replies with simple and easy fixes to appear.

EDIT: I was able to reboot holding power and volume buttons and got it to ClockWork recovery. I guess my next step at this menu would be to "install zip from sdcard" but how would I go about getting the Bionix_6_stock.zip file onto my SD card?

Last edited:

jimliza

Feb 22, 2009
you'll be fine

take out battery and hold power up/down buttonswithe buttons pressed insert battery. you should see Vibrant logo once continue to hold once it goes blank then let go of all exept down button you should be in stock recovery now if you had clockwork recovery press reinstall packages you should now by in clockwork recovery if so flash again or flash some thing else hopefully a nandroid back up... good luck but you problem does not seem that serious keep at you'll be fine

All~G1

Jan 9, 2009
Same thing here. I had a lag fix (not the voodoo one) and a GPS fix. Not sure which solution to go with. I'll wait for some more replies with simple and easy fixes to appear.

EDIT: I was able to reboot holding power and volume buttons and got it to ClockWork recovery. I guess my next step at this menu would be to "install zip from sdcard" but how would I go about getting the Bionix_6_stock.zip file onto my SD card?

Do you have adb setup? If so, put the bionix ROM in the tools folder of your SDK & type:

adb push *file directory/file name* /sdcard

GL, please update.

mgiusto

Jul 17, 2009
NYC
Do you have adb setup? If so, put the bionix ROM in the tools folder of your SDK & type:

adb push *file directory/file name* /sdcard

GL, please update.

Hmmm I think I remember about this other way to boot up where you can push stuff to the phone. How do I do that again? I have only been able to get to the Clockwork Recovery screen and need to get the Bionix zip file from my PC to the Vibrant using ADB which yes I have and it did work a while ago. I just forgot how to boot in that mode. Thanks!

Mr Mufakka

Aug 20, 2010
I'm stuck as well. One small difference. I DO NOT have a lag fix installed. I uninstalled the One Click Lag Fix yesterday in preparation for the update.

Well, let me rephrase. The App is installed on the phone but the fix is not applied.

Any thoughts?

Side note. My screen has some how gotten scratched recently and I'm curious if this is a possible way to get a new screen (and phone) from Tmobile. The phone is rooted and I have a GPS fix applied but that's it.

EDIT: I wanted to add, while booting, the Vibrant screen obviously comes up but after a few seconds, the TMobile jingle STARTS to play. It quickly goes quiet and then continues to sit at the Vibrant screen.

Last edited:

mdobles

Sep 14, 2007
Long time lurker, first time posting.
Stuck as well, I am rooted but stock otherwise. Only items installed are:
Vibrant-JI2-GPS.zip
signed-mobileap.vibrant.zip
Any help is appreciated

EDIT:Was able to push Bionix 1.6 through ADB and Flash with Clockwork Recovery. Back Up and Going!

Last edited:

BradBot

May 7, 2009
Houston
Long time lurker, first time posting.
Stuck as well, I am rooted but stock otherwise. Only items installed are:
Vibrant-JI2-GPS.zip
signed-mobileap.vibrant.zip
Any help is appreciated

I'm sort of in the same boat. Rooted, but haven't installed any of the lag fixes or gps fixes. I don't have clockwork installed. Is there any way for me to download the OTA to my SD card and try flashing it that way?

This sucks :(

MaxZach

Sep 4, 2010
FYI. I had the same problems as the original OP, getting stuck at the boot screen after the update, due to having lag fix enabled. I finally got the true stock 2.1 firmware installed via ODIN. I've called T-Mobile requesting they push the update again and was told to do the following to send a message to google to have them push the update to my phone. It's been 30 minutes and nothing yet but I'm crossing my fingers. For the guys who haven't received the OTA update yet give this a shot.

Dial *#*#2432546#*#*6

One you complete the sequence all the numbers and characters should disappear leaving your dialer blank. Then you just sit and wait for the message to update your firmware. Hope this works!