[ROM] [4.4.4] [220MB] [CM11] [Sept18] CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

abemore

Jul 31, 2012
I went with 5MB cache partition size - hboot 220/5/211. No sense in partitioning more MBs that are never used. I'll let everyone know if I ever run into any cache errors.

@parkedraccoon Small bug found in stock keyboard. Gesture trails works, but gesture typing does not. Gotta update to Google Keyboard from the play store to get a fully working keyboard.

Another small bug in launcher after unchecking the option "show search bar" icons and widgets become difficult to delete.

Last edited:

Deathwish238

May 29, 2009
ATX
I installed Blackrose, set my partition to 220/10/206, wiped, flashed this rom, flash mounts2sd. Now it won't get past the Android logo boot screen after well over 10 min(been hours). Other than wiping and flashing again, any ideas on what to try? Blackrose is not able to access my phone anymore either in CWM Recovery, the bootloader, or fastboot. Any ideas on how to connect to my phone through Blackrose when I can't boot to a ROM?

Last edited:

parkedraccoon

Sep 23, 2012
I installed Blackrose, set my partition to 220/10/206, wiped, flashed this rom, flash mounts2sd. Now it won't get past the Android logo boot screen after well over 10 min(been hours). Other than wiping and flashing again, any ideas on what to try? Blackrose(or adb) is not able to access my phone anymore either in CWM Recovery, the bootloader, or fastboot. Any ideas on how to connect to my phone through adb when I can't boot to a ROM?
For accessing blackrose from bootloader (without rebooting): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59323047/blackroseedit.bat Run in the directory where blackrose.exe is.

I've had that problem where the ROM locks up and refuses to boot if the ext partition is not working.

Deathwish238

May 29, 2009
ATX
What size should my ext4 partition be?

I appreciate your help, the bat file you linked me did the trick and allowed Blackrose to find my N1 in recovery.

loodoo

Oct 15, 2010
Looking for ART?
A zip to enable ART, and corresponding instructions, have been added to second post. It's more complicated than a simple zip flash - this is because ART and its corresponding GApps need more /system space, and thus require you to deal with that.

thanks!
yup i am aware of that and move the dalvik to sdcard.

thanks again sir parkedracoon! :)

Ollieee

Sep 22, 2010
Wow! I came here expecting everything to be dead!

Now that you guys are still at it, I had to flash my good ol' Nexus One and give it a try. Flashed successfully, and just set everything up. Installed Google Keyboard (got the APK from another thread here, the tip with the Play Store from post #1 didn't help, because the store thinks it wasn't compatible with the N1), Google Search, and the "Google Experience Launcher". Also Gmail, Maps, Calendar, and Waze.

Now my SIM card is in its old, bigger frame, and running in the N1. Gonna test this ROM and see if data and GPS are stable for things like running Waze. My Lumia 920 is gonna get a break I guess... I just hope I don't need to take any pictures during the next days or so. :D

Thanks so much to everyone involved in keeping the Nexus One alive! :good:

I missed you, Android...

Reactions: sthbr82

sqs1shu

Apr 12, 2010
I have the same problem even after multiple formatting and flashing. Maybe the rom does not like my sdcard?

I had to switch back and forth of recovery: twrp and cwm becasue cwm could not restore its backup of CM10.2 and twrp won't flash mounts2sd.

I installed Blackrose, set my partition to 220/10/206, wiped, flashed this rom, flash mounts2sd. Now it won't get past the Android logo boot screen after well over 10 min(been hours). Other than wiping and flashing again, any ideas on what to try? Blackrose is not able to access my phone anymore either in CWM Recovery, the bootloader, or fastboot. Any ideas on how to connect to my phone through Blackrose when I can't boot to a ROM?

parkedraccoon

Sep 23, 2012
I have the same problem even after multiple formatting and flashing. Maybe the rom does not like my sdcard?

I had to switch back and forth of recovery: twrp and cwm becasue cwm could not restore its backup of CM10.2 and twrp won't flash mounts2sd.
I have had similar problems with one of my Nexus Ones (I have 2...) which uses the 4GB SD card that originally came with it. The other one uses a 32GB SD that works fine. It may just be Mounts2SD, though the same problem happens whether I install using the app or flash using the zip. If you find another ext script that works properly I would love to know about it.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I didn't read all six pages, but for the listed bug of: "I myself am having some trouble downloading large applications, not sure where this problem is from" I found I had the same problem. I fixed it by moving both regular cache and dalvik to the SD card with M2SD. I think it was building too much cache when downloading, and it would give the error. Since I moved both I haven't had any issues. One app I couldn't download was Bejeweled 2, but now I got it.

parkedraccoon

Sep 23, 2012
I didn't read all six pages, but for the listed bug of: "I myself am having some trouble downloading large applications, not sure where this problem is from" I found I had the same problem. I fixed it by moving both regular cache and dalvik to the SD card with M2SD. I think it was building too much cache when downloading, and it would give the error. Since I moved both I haven't had any issues. One app I couldn't download was Bejeweled 2, but now I got it.
I have cache set to forced (by default in m2sd zip), and it still doesn't work for me. Did you change any settings?

clustered

Oct 4, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.shahabmedia.com

Does it really fixed? I really having same issue too, trouble downloading large apps... what's your M2SD configuration? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 for Nexus One!
    Fits on 220mb HBOOT!

New in 9/18 release:
    Check out these 2 blog posts for main changes:

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m9-released
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m10-arrives

I also switched to Linaro 4.9. Evervolv switched away from it, but that was only because it was causing problems on a different device.

rWmsyuP.jpg

Overview:
    • Built with minimal changes to CM sources, except for:
      • Slimming
      • Trackball wake, with checkbox option in Settings -> Buttons
    • This is my first rom, be nice please! :)

Download here.
    Read instructions before installing.

Standard Installation:
    If you don't know what hboot is, please read this first: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589
    For nonstandard installations, such as ART or keyboard with more languages, see 2nd post.
    1. HBOOT /system size must be a minimum of 220 MB.
      • I recommend cache at 10mb
    2. Wipe data.
      • This must be done before flashing zips if you want Mounts2SD to work properly, as Mounts2SD's zip writes to /data.
    3. Install ROM.
    4. Optional but highly recommended: Install ext script such as Mounts2SD (see attachments)
      • You will need an ext partition on your SD card.
      • You can customize the settings after installation with the Mounts2SD app. You may want to move application libraries, for example.
      • TWRP seems to not like Mounts2SD. CWM and 4EXT seem to work fine for me.

Known Bugs:
    • Account login will not work in setup wizard. Just enter Play Store once you do setup and it will work fine.
    • Some have had problems using Mounts2SD. Aroma version in 2nd post will often fix the problems, or try also manually installing with the Mounts2SD app in Play Store.
    • Desktop dock does not automatically pair. Use this guide. (Hint: try doing the ADB commands over network.)
    • QuickReply in Messaging causes reboot. (Just don't use Quick Reply I guess - I am trying to look into a fix.)
    • Evervolv base
      • HWA video recording/playback not working
      • wifi tethering not happy - only works on no password
      • no MMS
    • Keyboard
      • If system language is set away from English because of SIM card, keyboard will crash. Setup phone in English.
    • I myself am having some trouble downloading large applications, not sure where this problem is from
    Everything else working! :cool:

Big thanks to:
    • Evervolv - device/kernel/other repos. They're the guys that keep the old Nexus One going 4 years after it came out.
    • CyanogenMod
    • WoH, csytracy who helped me earlier on
    • dk_zero-cool, for mounts2sd.
    • spezi77, for maintaining repos with proper Nexus One commits.
    • tommypacker, who unintentionally motivated me to get this working after he said he would do it. (Beat him to it! :D )
    Some of my sources are available on github: https://github.com/parkedraccoon/android_device_htc_passion , https://github.com/parkedraccoon/android_packages_apps_Settings, https://github.com/parkedraccoon/android_frameworks_base.
    Old Downloads:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6H3m9ss3c8sazZiRlNtWjNEanM&usp=sharing

Flashable Mods
    Some require different sized hboots, some do not.

Sounds
    A few have requested more sound effects. Unlike most flashable zips, this one extracts to sd card. (I hadn't seen this before, have you? Anyways, it works.) That means that you only need to flash it once, unless you wipe your SD card. You also can extract it manually; /media should be at root of sdcard.
    Download here.

Alternate M2SD
    In some cases, the main Mounts2SD zip provided does not work properly. I have an older zip that uses an Aroma installer for those who have problems with the main Mounts2SD.
    Download here. This is the same file as provided in my Carbon thread.

cm11_071514_LatinIME.zip in attachments: More languages in keyboard
    Installation requirements: hboot /system extra 13mb. Otherwise, follow standard directions, installing the zip at the end.
    If you would like a keyboard with more languages than just English, flash this.

cm11_passion_091814_enableART.zip in attachments: ART Runtime
    Follow instructions below instead of ones in first post. Ext partition is required. Installation will overwrite any mods to your build.prop.
    ART is not guaranteed to work. It seems to provide slight improvements in multitasking.
    1. HBOOT /system size 250
      • I recommend cache at 10mb
    2. Wipe data.
      • This must be done before flashing zips if you want Mounts2SD to work properly, as Mounts2SD's zip writes to /data.
    3. Install ROM.
    4. Install ext script such as Mounts2SD
    5. Flash art-compatible GAPPS - same as those used with Evervolv. (Download here.)
    6. Flash cm11_passion_091814_enableART.zip.
      • Unlike previously, this art zip enables art for first boot. No need to wait for it to rebuild the art-cache.
      • Because of this, first boot may take even longer than usual.
    Well folks, as promised...

New update!

• cm source updated - 4.4.4 and other updates
    • native USB tethering fixed
    • bionic optimizations - switched to scorpion
    • CM seems to have changed how they detect Google services in setup, so account login will not work in setup wizard. Just enter play store once you do setup and it will work fine.

Link is in first post, as always. Later on I'll get some updated stuff for ART. I'm expecting a new mobo for my laptop so there may be some delay while I deal with that.
    Update!

Update's up in the first post. Check out these 2 blog posts for main changes:

http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m9-released
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/cyanogenmod-11-0-m10-arrives

I also switched to Linaro 4.9. Evervolv switched away from it, but that was only because it was causing problems on a different device.

This release is close to M10, but isn't exactly M10. I tried but I couldn't get it to build quite right with all the modifications we need.
    AOSP keyboard does not work

Enviado desde la muerte a través de un Nexus4
    Remove SIM card that forces foreign language before installing, and then install Google Keyboard from store and enable it. Or follow directions in 2nd post for installing larger LatinIME with more languages.

Does anybody else have issues with sending/receiving MMS? My Nexus One can deal with MMS perfectly fine when it is on gingerbread - or even with Evervolv JellyBean. But ever since updating to KitKat I've been unable to send or receive them. I've tried Evervolv's KitKat and that's where I experienced the issue, and a few other people over there have experienced that as well. I decided to try out this ROM hoping it would work, but it doesn't. I love this ROM, I just need the MMS to work to be perfectly satisfied with it.
    I've never used MMS. If it's a problem on Evervolv it's gonna be on this rom until they fix it. Maybe it's an APN thing?

Anyways! Update!

• Gesture typing fixed!
    • CM sources updated. Nothing huge.

Check first post for download link.