Can't flash any other roms!

Search This thread

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
I had D80120a.. I downgraded to D80110c.. Then rooted phone.. Then installed twrp with dd.. Every Rom and gapps I tried flashing fails..

The thread said to install a certain rom before flashing any other rom. which I think it's just stock 4.4.2 .. File name.. D801-4.4.2-recovery.zip

So now I'm rooted, twrp, and this stock 4.4.2 rom..

I tried installing cm stable, failed, liquid smooth, failed, cmb? Failed, and heatshiver.. Heatshiver installed.. Flashed PA gapps failed, cm gapps, failed, some other kk gapps, failed.. Cmb gapps installed.. Booted.. And got nothing, black screen, no launcher, just soft buttons and a blank notification menu, so flashed this D801_4.4.2_recovery.zip and that's where I'm at now..

Also only twrp 2.6.3.2 I think it was would flash.. No other versions

MercurioxD

Jun 23, 2012
San José
I had D80120a.. I downgraded to D80110c.. Then rooted phone.. Then installed twrp with dd.. Every Rom and gapps I tried flashing fails..

The thread said to install a certain rom before flashing any other rom. which I think it's just stock 4.4.2 .. File name.. D801-4.4.2-recovery.zip

So now I'm rooted, twrp, and this stock 4.4.2 rom..

I tried installing cm stable, failed, liquid smooth, failed, cmb? Failed, and heatshiver.. Heatshiver installed.. Flashed PA gapps failed, cm gapps, failed, some other kk gapps, failed.. Cmb gapps installed.. Booted.. And got nothing, black screen, no launcher, just soft buttons and a blank notification menu, so flashed this D801_4.4.2_recovery.zip and that's where I'm at now..

Also only twrp 2.6.3.2 I think it was would flash.. No other versions
did you use autorec?

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
No, just downgraded, rooted with ioroot, then used dd to write twrp to recovery partition..

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
I just installed autorec and now I have twrp 2.7.0.0 and liquid smooth and banks gapps successfully installed.. So what was bad? Bootloader? Partitions? I thought that installing that first rom D801_4.4.2_recovery.zip was supposed to fix partitions and such.

Oh well, it works now, thanks! I didn't think I need autorec since I installed twrp manually using dd..

Maybe I should post on some of those tutorials as they are missing steps..

Although I don't think anyone will be using them now that you can root and install recovery right from D80120a now.

Last edited: