Straight Talk (T-Mobile) APN settings for MMS on (T-Mobile) Galaxy Note 2

Search This thread

Samsung_GS3

Nov 7, 2012
Wanted to see if anyone has found the best APN settings for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk T-Mobile. Getting MMS has been a problem for me. Thanks.

Samsung_GS3

Nov 7, 2012
Wanted to see if anyone has found the best APN settings for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 on Straight Talk T-Mobile. Getting MMS has been a problem for me. Thanks.

also, I just ported my number from Straight Talk ATT to Straight Talk TMobile and my account still says "port in progess"....so Im wondering if that might have something to do with it....internet works fine...just not mms.

Samsung_GS3

Nov 7, 2012
From my experience MMS won't work if you are on wifi.

Thank You,

Ill play around with that. I have heard sometimes when you port from ATT straight talk to Tmobile Straight talk some of the features take a while to kick in so im wondering if that might have something to do with it also. Did you just use the same settings Straight talk provided?

SC23

Apr 13, 2010
Att and Tmobile have different APN settings. They should have provided you one with your Tmobile sim card. If not then you can easily Google it.

Reactions: kn8ght

SC23

Apr 13, 2010
That's basically the same settings on Tmobile straight Talk that they give you. Except for apn I put in straight talk and everything works just fine for me. I hope it works for you either way.

Samsung_GS3

Nov 7, 2012
Att and Tmobile have different APN settings. They should have provided you one with your Tmobile sim card. If not then you can easily Google it.

OH i definitly tried those settings I just encountered a problem with MMS when those reccomended settings were inputed....but I think part of the problem was the fact that I had just ported my number from Straight Talk ATT to Straight Talk TMobile. I thinik the MMS features get delayed a bit during this proces.....might be good to konw or keep in mind if anyone is trying to port Straight talk ATT to Straight Talk Tmobile or vice versa..

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
try this: it works for me
APN Name. any
APN. wap.tracfone
proxy. blank
port. 8080
mmsc. http://mms.tracfone.com
mms proxy. blank
mms port. 8080
hope this works for u as well

Use these and in apn type you want default,supl,mms
Make sure there are no spaces sometimes it puts in a space automatically after the commas. The spaces prevent sending and receiving pictures

sent via note 2 in boss mode @ quad core 1.8ghz

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

This will make everything work. Includeing tethering.mms. picture messaging. Everything will work

Reactions: bchampy

grayson73

Jan 11, 2011
Potomac
Make sure there are no spaces sometimes it puts in a space automatically after the commas. The spaces prevent sending and receiving pictures

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

This will make everything work. Includeing tethering.mms. picture messaging. Everything will work

What does putting APN types default,supl,mms do? Also, Straight Talk card says to leave MMS port blank. Is it supposed to be 8080 or blank?

superman63

Jun 25, 2010
Seattle
what the hell

What does putting APN types default,supl,mms do? Also, Straight Talk card says to leave MMS port blank. Is it supposed to be 8080 or blank?
i wish someone would figure this out and just write a step by step guide. i have tried evry apn in the book or on the web and once i go back to m ST APN there is no signal except call, text. cant delete t mobs pan but if i highlight it i automatically get a 4g icon. ive spent 20 days with the non english speaking rep that i cant understand and still nothing. i now have a useless marble white note 2 home phone
yea i know i need to change my sig lol

Nibiru2012

Oct 30, 2012
Austin, TX
Finally it works!

I know this is an old thread, but the settings suggestion from Geet dated 11-16-2012 definitely worked for me on my unlocked STAR N9500 Android phone with the Straight Talk SIM card installed!

Also, putting in the APN types as: default,supl,mms helped too. BE SURE there's no spaces, just commas separating the definers.

Thank You... Thank You! :good:

I was able to delete the T-Mobile APN by going into all field which showed info and making them blank, now when I tried to exit I was shown a message stating: "Can't leave Name Field Blank". So I just pressed the "HOME" button then did a restart and only the Straight Talk APN now shows.

Again... Thanks! :cool:
~Nibs

Last edited:

triniman06

Mar 6, 2014
Straight Talk BYOP: T-mobile, APN settings for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (VZW)

Straight Talk BYOP: T-mobile, APN settings for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (VZW) as of 5 March 2014.

Name: StraightTalk T-Mobile <--Doesn't matter
apn: wap.tracfone
proxy: 216.155.165.40
port: 8080
username not set
password not set
server not set
mmsc: http : // mms.tracfone.com <--Take away the spaces
multimedia message proxy: 216.155.165.40
mms port: 8080
mcc: 310
mnc: 260
authentication type not set
apn type: default,supl,mms
apn protocol: ipv4/ipv6
Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
bearer: unspecified
--all else at default
--hit back button to return to "APNs" screen
--Select the newly created APN
--Restart / reboot the phone
--Wait for all warning icons to go away
--Perform tests. Send out / Receive MMS and browse the web
--Ensure Wi-Fi is off for proper test of web browsing

Just got it working so I don't have long term use results to share atm.
Yes, I bought the STBYOP pack for CMDA phones. No luck with instructions from the box.
Went to the website, entered cell IMEI and whatever else it asked for. Response = Your phone is not supported. #BullS!#T GN2 = Unlocked World phone.

Went back to the kit, found T-Moble sim, trimmed/cutoff the excess plastic. Easy enough with Swiss Army knife.
Replaced VZW sim with T-Mobile sim. Reboot. Waited a little for network activation and synch.
!!Had to get around my Avast Anti-Theft software. Unlock / Found the phone then Trust new sim.
!!Googled how to get rid of "Non Verizon Sim found" icon in notification area.

BAM! Up-n-running. No thanks to STBYOP customer support. Don't even think to get help from them. They will not think out-the-box to help you get right.
Big Up!!!

Reactions: Ghostfletcher

biggmac419

Mar 15, 2014
Only important settings are the starred ones.

uploadfromtaptalk1395108168465.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395108183412.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395108141597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395108141597.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 866
Reactions: darkmanmd

kanaiya

Jan 8, 2011
Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) settings, create a new APN with the following values.

APN Name: Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
Port: 80
MMSC:http://mms-tf.net
MLSProxy:mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80

Delete the current APN from your phone.Reboot your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: superman63

Ghostfletcher

Jun 5, 2016
The above setting posted by triniman06 do work exceedingly well. Thank you very much sir! I am running an unlocked GSM phone with a T-mobile SIM card and Sraight Talk monthly plan. One thing I would like to add is that it takes time for the phone to reboot in th o the new APN settings. So, after rebooting your device, turn off wi+fi, turn on your mobile data, and give the new APN setting a good 5 minutes to work. After letting the new APN settings "sink into" my phone, my mobile data service (which is 4G) seems to run about as fast as my Wi-Fi service. ?
Lan

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APN Name. any
    APN. wap.tracfone
    proxy. blank
    port. 8080
    mms proxy. blank
    mms port. 8080
    From my experience MMS won't work if you are on wifi.
    APN Name. any
    APN. wap.tracfone
    proxy. blank
    port. 8080
    mms proxy. blank
    mms port. 8080

Thank You Very MUCH!!! It's just good to know if/when someone finds "better" settings for the APN other thank the ones that were provided by Straight Talk...

Again,

Thanks Much.
    APN Name. any
    APN. wap.tracfone
    proxy. blank
    port. 8080
    mms proxy. blank
    mms port. 8080