[MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

Search This thread

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
This is only for Verizon Stock with root injected

Build: JRO03C.I605VRALJB

Steps:
1) Please mount your system as read/write, extract the files in the attached zip file, and copy:

FlashBarService.odex to /system/app

services.odex to /system/framework

Make sure you are actually replacing the old files and not renaming them.

The proper permissions should be rw- r-- r-- on both files (thanks Sylvaria)

2) Then reboot. Shouldn't have to clear dalvik-cache...

3) (recommended) delete "/data/data/com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService" and reboot once more

Potential issues
**If your apps appear in the edit menu and you have trouble adding apps to the multi-window bar, check in your /data/data folder and see if you have a folder named flashbar. If so, delete it and reboot to see if that fixes your issue. "/data/data/com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService"

**If you cannot see the edit button on your multi-window bar, make sure your DPI is set to 320 via http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35036854&postcount=108

Warning
services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two.

from nosit1: "This might sound extremely stupid, but when replacing services.odex (do it last of course) if you screen is on, turn it off before pushing it to your device (if using adb). "
from shelooga: "I went into a bootloop, but a battery pull fixed it, no odin required, fyi."

---

Please let me know if this works, as it works for me. If you do go into a boot loop you will have to re-flash the root ODIN image.

Tips!
How to stop Netflix player from pausing while in multi-window

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35016271

Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-14-28.png

Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-32-22.png

Attachments

• multiwindow.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,662
Last edited:

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
I don't have the time to test right now. ... More like the time to fix a boot loop. Will at work tomorrow but thank you for the post!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Nice! Does it matter if I've uninstalled some of the stock apps?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

inline6power

Mar 15, 2010
Works great. I now have every one of my apps in multi window. Thanks a bunch

Reactions: nh97103

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Can some one verify that Netflix will continue to play even if you switch to the second window? Thanks.

Deetari

Sep 8, 2010
Getting this weird issue where I can't add apps that aren't listed in the first page of apps. Like, the first 8 rows of apps add fine, but everything below that (once I have to scroll down to see them) only add apps from those first 8 rows, instead of adding the actual app I'm drag-and-dropping.

Not sure what's up.

pumacat311

Aug 18, 2009
Nor Cal
Works Great. Thanks! Loving the fasr progress being made with our device.. Just thought i would mention that after i added the seconmdf file to service.framework my device froze the second i answered yes to "already exists, wamt to replace"? After 20 seconds it rebooted and everything is silky smooth as expected. So dont freak out and throw your phone across the room. patience is a virtue. Thanks again!

Deetari

Sep 8, 2010
Tried re-pasting the files over, same issue still persists. Not sure what's up at all. Pretty annoying.

I wonder if unfreezing my bloatware would make a difference? Not a big fan of doing that, though.

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
Tried re-pasting the files over, same issue still persists. Not sure what's up at all. Pretty annoying.

I wonder if unfreezing my bloatware would make a difference? Not a big fan of doing that, though.

I posted this just before your post, see if this works for you.

Check in your /data/data folder and see if you have a folder named flashbar. If so, delete it and reboot to see if that fixes your issue.

JonKyu

Dec 2, 2009
NY, New York
Mine works as well but for some apps it does this weird thing were it drags in another app. For example I tried dragging youtube and it would always drag the app two spots above it instead.

Its TwiX

Mar 31, 2011
Would love to try this, but no matter what I do I get permission denied when I try to push these files. Mounted system as r/w in Terminal Emulator, from ADB, and in Root Explorer with no success.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only for Verizon Stock with root injected

Build: JRO03C.I605VRALJB

Steps:
    1) Please mount your system as read/write, extract the files in the attached zip file, and copy:

FlashBarService.odex to /system/app

services.odex to /system/framework

Make sure you are actually replacing the old files and not renaming them.

The proper permissions should be rw- r-- r-- on both files (thanks Sylvaria)

2) Then reboot. Shouldn't have to clear dalvik-cache...

3) (recommended) delete "/data/data/com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService" and reboot once more

Potential issues
    **If your apps appear in the edit menu and you have trouble adding apps to the multi-window bar, check in your /data/data folder and see if you have a folder named flashbar. If so, delete it and reboot to see if that fixes your issue. "/data/data/com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService"

**If you cannot see the edit button on your multi-window bar, make sure your DPI is set to 320 via http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35036854&postcount=108

Warning
    services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two.

from nosit1: "This might sound extremely stupid, but when replacing services.odex (do it last of course) if you screen is on, turn it off before pushing it to your device (if using adb). "
    from shelooga: "I went into a bootloop, but a battery pull fixed it, no odin required, fyi."

---

Please let me know if this works, as it works for me. If you do go into a boot loop you will have to re-flash the root ODIN image.

Tips!
    How to stop Netflix player from pausing while in multi-window

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35016271

Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-14-28.png

Screenshot_2012-12-03-20-32-22.png
    hairdewx - what did you modify to make this compatible?

I modified FlashBarService.odex and services.odex :)

I basically made the changes from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961813

Because our rom is odexed I had to
    1) de-odex the files with the note 2 framework
    2) make the code changes
    3) update the FlashBarService.apk and services.jar with the generated classes.dex with the changes to create my de-odexed apk and jar.
    4) load the updated de-odexed apk and jar
    5) re-odex the apk and jar with busybox and the proper $BOOTCLASSPATH
    6) copy over the signature from the original odex files to the new odex files
    7) restore the original FlashBarService.apk and services.jar
    8) delete original odex files
    With 4.1.2 you can just use the "Samsung Multiwindow App" from the Play Store. It works great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
    I know that it may be a lot to ask for but I wish someone would make a Youtube tutorial step by step using Root Explorer for this mod. I have read every post in this thread and still feel like actually seeing how it is done would make a world of difference.

It really as is easy as it sounds, though it's not a bad idea. Copy the files, replacing the originals, delete the last noted. Reboot and profit.

Worked perfectly. XDA continues to make the best phone in the world better.
    This is seriously one powerful freaking phone.. I played a both fight scenes at the same time. And while it was def hard as hell to do, I experiences no lag, no glitch, not even so much as a hiccup.. Until a text and call came in back to back then Avengers forced close. So Sweet this phone is!! And mad props to the awesome developers that got us root to be able to do this crazy sh*t.

Can't wait to get a custom kernel on this beast then we can really see how far it can be pushed!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium