Media server draining battery

Search This thread

vildafranek

Aug 23, 2012
Hi guys,
I noticed, that my battery life is not so good lately. So I checked my battery stats and saw 20-30% usage from Media server. I did some research and based on some advices took out my sd card and it got better, but than it came back. This time I had to forbid some Samsung apps as push notifications etc. It was good for a while, but now it's here again and I really don't know what to do. Any advices? Stock Rom 4.3., Hard reset done, format SD done. Currently is SD out of the phone.

Thanks

Last edited:

xavivts

Jan 1, 2013
Valencia (Spain)
Hi guys,
I noticed, that my battery life is not so good lately. So I checked my battery stats and saw 20-30% usage from Media server. I did some research and based on some advices took out my sd card and it got better, but than it came back. This time I had to forbid some Samsung apps as push notifications etc. It was good for a while, but now it's here again and I really don't know what to do. Any advices? Stock Rom 4.3., Hard reset done, format SD done. Currently is SD out of the phone.

Thanks

hello,
you tried to wipe cache and dalvik
regards

xavivts

Jan 1, 2013
Valencia (Spain)
Can I do that even when my phone is not rooted? If yes, how? :)

from day take root my phone and have never used the stock recovery, but you can do the test by entering recovery mode yourself with the combo of buttons.
press both the volume up / home and power when lights and display screen with white lettering samsung galaxy note 2 loose power button and it should boot recovery mode, look at the options the wipes, just cache and dalvik buttons.

regards