[ROM] Redemption Rom 2.4 UPDATE: Mar 5, 2011 *New* Sense(less)

Search This thread

ecltech

Oct 15, 2007
Why is it that titanium back up keeps force closing? Also you cant seem to back anything up via rom manager why is that?

Once in a while I have this happen to me when trying a new ROM. I do one of the following:
1) Reinstall the app.
2) Verify I have the requirements for the APP - Applications Setting.

Maybe you verified both already but that caused Titanium Backup to FC on me a few times. Haven't had a problem in a while with it though.

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
are there any plans of putting this rom on Rom Manager? It sure does make life easier.

After the release of 2.0 I will be looking into getting this in Rom Manager at that point there may be hosting costs involved. I'm not quite sure but to be honest I'm saving for a wedding and don't want to take on any other monthly bills. If donations start coming in to help with those costs then I will for sure.

Last edited:

smacinskyjr

Aug 26, 2010
Davisboro
After the release of 2.0 I will be looking into getting this in Rom Manager at that point there may be hosting costs involved. I'm not quite sure but to be honest I'm saving for a wedding and don't want to take on any other monthly bills. If donations start coming in to help with those costs then I will for sure.

to update you rom to 2.0 is there any need to wipe again or can we just flash over? by the way i re-wiped everything again and reloaded your rom and now titanium is now working knock on wood!! after it is done im going to do a back up then install the battery icon update, back up again, then do both of the apps options. to install the apps i just run them as an update zip correct?

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
to update you rom to 2.0 is there any need to wipe again or can we just flash over? by the way i re-wiped everything again and reloaded your rom and now titanium is now working knock on wood!! after it is done im going to do a back up then install the battery icon update, back up again, then do both of the apps options. to install the apps i just run them as an update zip correct?

You may need to wipe when 2.0 hits depending on what I end up implementing into the build I always suggest wiping regardless. All of the "Optional Apps" are already installed in the Rom I just inluded a zip for those that wanted backups. The zip I provided is not set up as an update.zip so you can't flash it in recovery no need to any way.

smacinskyjr

Aug 26, 2010
Davisboro
You may need to wipe when 2.0 hits depending on what I end up implementing into the build I always suggest wiping regardless. All of the "Optional Apps" are already installed in the Rom I just inluded a zip for those that wanted backups. The zip I provided is not set up as an update.zip so you can't flash it in recovery no need to any way.

how do i install the removed apps?

Wolfdragon

Jul 4, 2007
charlotte, NC
slight problem...loaded the rom and it looks beautiful, jus like it did on my Moto droid...awesome job on the port. my problem is with epst, i cant access it and i need to seein im on Cricket service and need to get into there to setup my phone for web, etc. had to change to a different rom. any ideas on a fix or workaround???

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
slight problem...loaded the rom and it looks beautiful, jus like it did on my Moto droid...awesome job on the port. my problem is with epst, i cant access it and i need to seein im on Cricket service and need to get into there to setup my phone for web, etc. had to change to a different rom. any ideas on a fix or workaround???

10 char////

Last edited:

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
Try downloading the "RemovedApps" zip boot into recovery and adb push the wifirouter.apk file to /system/app

im on cricket and on 1.9 epst works perfect ##778

Masterpiece Finishes

Aug 27, 2010
Hey bro, I love this ROM! The problem I have is I store all my music(4-5 gigs) on the internal memory. I need my SD card space. But the music player that you baked in does not "see" my music on internal. I'm a total rookie and got super confused trying to "push" the HTC music player to my phone. Can you please put the HTC player back in for pretty ole me?;)

JRFogarty

Feb 7, 2010
Running 2.0b with the stock kernel. 1.9 oc'd with the hydra kernel worked great; about to flash that to see if I gave the same results.

Heads up on 2.0 beta... The settings widgets work but the plane from the airplane widget is on the background of the other settings widgets

My favorite ROM so far... Fast and smooth.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

dahotz

Jun 10, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the ROM! It seems pretty fast. The only problem I have seen so far is the fact that Gmail keeps force closing. Can you please look into this? Thank you!

EDIT: I am running v2.0 on the regular kernel. I did a complete wipe of cache, data, and dalvik cache before flashing this rom.

HeyItsLou

Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for the ROM! It seems pretty fast. The only problem I have seen so far is the fact that Gmail keeps force closing. Can you please look into this? Thank you!

EDIT: I am running v2.0 on the regular kernel. I did a complete wipe of cache, data, and dalvik cache before flashing this rom.

If you got into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All and scroll down to Gmail select it does it say version # 2.2 ?

GatorsUF

May 22, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Android Wear
OnePlus 8
Love the Rom but two issues:
1. Angery Birds crashes on open. No FC just crash.

2. How can I add ringtones? I put my ringtones in a folder on SD card named "ringtones" but it doesn't see it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

worm-

Apr 30, 2010
Go into manage applications and clear cache of gmail normally that works for me.

Sent from my phone

smacinskyjr

Aug 26, 2010
Davisboro
This Rom is by far leaps and bounds better than any I've tried, and I have tried all that are on Rom manager and several that aren't. With the next update will a full wipe be necessary? I was having issues with Gmail force closing so I did another full wipe (like I did the first time ) and reinstall and my problems seem to have went away. Lou thanks for replying to me on twitter. Its nice to have a developer who will actually communicate with you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.png

Redemption%20Rom%20Screenies.png

Check out my new You Tube Channel for Android and Linux Tutorials and Reviews!
    http://www.youtube.com/ohheyitslou

Credits:

manup456 for his Htc Settings Widget
    Jesus Freke for Smali and Baksmali
    Brut.all for apktool
    _Burst_ for the use of the Dialer Button graphic and Battery graphics
    cortland custom GPS icons
    dimebagdan custom boot animation
    Jercik for his Smooth Sense Icons
    aamikam for the modded 4 in 1 Power Button Reboot
    deficitism for pointing me in the right direction for some of the Rosie mods
    rujelus22 for giving me a crash course in themeing​

Rom:
    Based on the official Verizon 3.26.605.1 OTA​
    Themes:
    Sexy Sense (HeyItsLou)​
    Kernel:
    Custom HeyItsLou Sense Kernel 2.6.32.17 #4
    • Compiled from latest Htc Source Code - http://developer.htc.com/
    • Htc Advanced Power Management Enabled
    • Htc Boot Performance Enabled
    • Htc Performance Profiles Enabled:
    • Screen "OFF" Speeds set Automatically: Minimum 245000 Maximum 245000
    • Stock Speeds
    • Default Governor Profile "On Demand"
    • All Governor Profiles Enabled
    • CIFS Support (Modular)
    • TUN Support (Modular)
    • Ext4 Support (Modular)
    • Wireless N Support (Modular)

Change Log: Version 2.4 (Maintenance Release)

• Switched to using Edify Installation Scripts (updater-script) now fully compatible with latest ClockworkMod Recovery
    • Updated all Apps to latest Market Version
    • All of my Kernel projects are now pushed to SD Card during installation and can be found in the "Redemption_Rom" folder with a "KERNEL - READ ME" file describing features and differences between each.
    • build.prop edits
    • Sense(less) Removal Script Feature (Found on SD Card after install in "Redemption_Rom" folder

Requirements:

1. Nandroid Backup
    2. Rooted
    3. ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. 2.xx Radio - http://bit.ly/auy087
    5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    6. Wipe Cache
    7. Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Installation:

1. Flash Rom via Rom Manager or ClockworkMod Recovery
    2. Let phone complete full boot and load homescreen
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Flash Desired Optional Content(Optional)

Sense(less) Removal Script:

1. Flash Rom
    2. BEFORE rebooting phone flash Sense(less) Removal Script
    3. Reboot

Disclaimer:
    As with any Rom or Mod flash you are taking matters into your own hands I will not be held responsible for any bricked devices or be held responsible for the injuries you may inflict on others if this were to happen.​

Downloads:

Redemption Rom 2.4 MD5=940b70b9902c0b3d2cefe76dab278975
    http://www.multiupload.com/UIFNQLZ4OB

XDAforumSignature2.png
    Is the voice search fix? It FC on 2.04.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Never had a voice search problem in 2.0.4 so i'm not sure if it helps at all but mine also works in 2.0.5.
    Nice work I haven't flashed yet but wanted to know if any 2.32 kernel will work? Also is rosie removed?

Theoretically yes any 2.32 kernel should work however everyones phone handles kernels differently. I would suggest staying with Hydra he is a very reputable dev and has been making quality kernels for a while now.
    Thanks for showing everyone how a mashup + first post is suppose to be done! I'm going to try this out =).

Np...thanks my friend let me know how you like it :)
    was there ever a determintion for how to get the 6 bar meter working?

flash this in recovery