Can we avoid update to UCS 4.0 ?

Search This thread

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
I just brought my new Prime which comes with Honeycomb 3.2 and its running without any issues and I just love my Prime.

Its a known fact that ICS upgrades are causing issue to few TF201 users like reboot and random screen lockup etc but the root cause for each of these cases seems to be different and unknown.

I would like to still keep my Prime on Honeycomb for some more time till the issues are rectified.

I am new to Android world and I have a few queries:

1. Will there be any problem if I don't choose to upgrade to ICS
2. Can I still receive updates for my Honeycomb
3. what would be your advice.

Dear friends your help on my query will be greatly appreciated.

yumms

Dec 13, 2010
Not updating to ICS wouldn't cause any problems at all. Except in the future some apps will only run on ICS.

No, there will not be any additional HC updates from ASUS?

Only way to prevent the ICS update is to root and then disable the ASUS update service.

schlesh436

Mar 6, 2011
this is not the place to post this come on.
plus ics has all its kinks worked out. If your going to root... root before the update.

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
this is not the place to post this come on.
plus ics has all its kinks worked out. If your going to root... root before the update.

What? Where should he post this?

What you can also do is root Honeycomb and make a backup. If you feel like trying out ICS and do not like it or it is too buggy, just restore the Honeycomb backup. Nothing to lose.

CadenH

Sep 26, 2011

What you can also do is root Honeycomb and make a backup. If you feel like trying out ICS and do not like it or it is too buggy, just restore the Honeycomb backup. Nothing to lose.

I don't think he can make a backup. You have to unlock the prime to use cwm and the unlock apk only works with ics.

If you like honeycomb then by all means stick with honeycomb. Its your tablet and your experience, that tablet should be exactly the way you want it to be. I like ics but that's my personal opinion. Yes there are bugs but mines custom so I don't have to worry about the updates from Asus, which I hear aren't phenomenal.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Reactions: SAJdroid

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
thanks

A big thanks to Yumms , CadenH and Jaycustom !:)

There are lots of posts out there on how to root the prime running on HC 3.2 , can you guys suggest the correct and a safe way to root my prime ?

Last edited:

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
I downgraded yesterday to HC. :) keeping it until unlock or until i get bored again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not updating to ICS wouldn't cause any problems at all. Except in the future some apps will only run on ICS.

No, there will not be any additional HC updates from ASUS?

Only way to prevent the ICS update is to root and then disable the ASUS update service.

I don't think he can make a backup. You have to unlock the prime to use cwm and the unlock apk only works with ics.

If you like honeycomb then by all means stick with honeycomb. Its your tablet and your experience, that tablet should be exactly the way you want it to be. I like ics but that's my personal opinion. Yes there are bugs but mines custom so I don't have to worry about the updates from Asus, which I hear aren't phenomenal.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium