viber problem with calls on wifi (missed calls)

Search This thread

stefan8661

Jan 24, 2014
Hello people, I have a problem with Viber when on wifi, can not receive calls (when phone is locked) but only get notifications for missed calls when i unlock the phone. On mobile data all works nicely. Do you have an idea how this can be solved? Messages are doing nicely on both Viber and WhatsApp.

Razor0

Jan 22, 2014
Hello people, I have a problem with Viber when on wifi, can not receive calls (when phone is locked) but only get notifications for missed calls when i unlock the phone. On mobile data all works nicely. Do you have an idea how this can be solved? Messages are doing nicely on both Viber and WhatsApp.

Can you provide specs on your phone and os setup.

stefan8661

Jan 24, 2014
Can you provide specs on your phone and os setup.

HTC Desire 500 dual sim, stock rom 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I set in wifi sleep privacy to always keep wifi connected even in sleep mode, also in Viber i did that. Maybe its something with aplication, because messages arrive normally, just calls are problem... I read a lot on google about some ports for push notifications i opened them and nothing changed. So, my push notifications work, just the viber calls are problem. When i am on mobile data everything works well. Thank u for ur reply!

stefan8661

Jan 24, 2014
Thank u for ur reply. I tried many wifi networks to see if its problem only with mine, always the sam story. I can call and speak normaly when i unlock the phone, just i can not recieve calls when phone is locked.

stefan8661

Jan 24, 2014
I figured out the problem. Solution: set phone's wifi sleep policy to turn off the wifi when phone goes to sleep, and then in Viber's wifi sleep policy put option to always keep wifi on. That's how i solved my problem and now calls are comming just like messages.

stefan8661

Jan 24, 2014
I figured out the problem. Solution: set phone's wifi sleep policy to turn off the wifi when phone goes to sleep, and then in Viber's wifi sleep policy put option to always keep wifi on. That's how i solved my problem and now calls are comming just like messages.

unfortunately it lasted for me 2 days and now again problem. I figured out another solution, install wifi timeout app from Google store, then set it to 0 sec, in WiFi sleep policy put option to disable WiFi when screen is locked. Also do this in Viber.
Then ur phone will use 3G (mobile data) when its locked, and push notifications will arrive on time, and when u unlock it it will use WiFi. That's now solution that works for me good.
:)