Partitioning SDCard for Link2SD on KitKat

Search This thread

MrLascivious

Apr 1, 2014
Hi

I am on Xperia Z1, rooted, locked bootloader, .757, SDFix access fix, with dual recovery. I have an app call Link2SD and it requires to have a second partition on my sd card. They said to use a software called MiniTool... My question is, how do I proceed to partition my SD card without breaking anything like the installed Dual Recovery?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi

I am on Xperia Z1, rooted, locked bootloader, .757, SDFix access fix, with dual recovery. I have an app call Link2SD and it requires to have a second partition on my sd card. They said to use a software called MiniTool... My question is, how do I proceed to partition my SD card without breaking anything like the installed Dual Recovery?

partitioning your SD card will not break dual recovery

However, I think you may find link2sd wont work on Z1
I never managed to get it to work on any FW with my Z1

and TBH, I don't really find the need for it anymore. I used it on my x10 and Xperia T but I have never run out of space yet on my z1

MrLascivious

Apr 1, 2014
--

and TBH, I don't really find the need for it anymore. I used it on my x10 and Xperia T but I have never run out of space yet on my z1

I've successfully partitioned my SD Card with secondary primary parition set to ext2. Link2SD (linking) works except it doesn't link Android/data/ and Android/obb/ I 've contacted the developer to ask about it.

MrLascivious

Apr 1, 2014
Well the next two days he provided the update to paid users for the /data part. But apparently /obb not yet. He briefly explained to me /obb is complicated because it is not linkable natively.

Em1l10

Aug 15, 2014

Hi MrLascivious,

• How do you handle to get link2sd working in your phone?

I have an Xperia Z1 compact (original stock, kitkat 4.4.4 and rooted, bootloader lock), but link2sd can´t even mount the second partition.

It says: "App2SD is not supported by your device...."

Any idea?

MrLascivious

Apr 1, 2014
Hi MrLascivious,

• How do you handle to get link2sd working in your phone?

I have an Xperia Z1 compact (original stock, kitkat 4.4.4 and rooted, bootloader lock), but link2sd can´t even mount the second partition.

It says: "App2SD is not supported by your device...."

Any idea?

I am not sure about your Z1 compact. I only have Z1 and KitKat 4.4.2. Have you tried asking the developer of link2sd? Mine found the partition so everything was straightforward as I remember.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi