(Q) Which is the best Music Player for our Trannies?

Search This thread

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Got prompted to post this due to a line in one of the threads read recently.
"winamp is a battery hog"

So which one suits your needs?
To my way of thinking it is a "must" that is can read music and album art from the MicroSD
As nothing worst then having to reload music each time you flash a new rom. Plus not be a batt hog.

Personally at the moment I am using winamp pro, as I have been using it on the desktop for years
And old habits die hard..

But I do like the carousel of Google Music app. But I am finding it didn't play nice with the MicroSD pickup, and in that
It will only show a few albums.

Open to suggestions and comments on what others use.
So I hand the floor to other users to let us know their preferences.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

funnycreature

I hate being "that guy" but if you do a quick search for "best music player" in this subforum you will find a few older threads discussing this. I think PowerAMP is pretty popular. I personally also like ³ ("cubed") which has pretty cool features. Then there's the N7 player which has a very unique UI. At the end of days it's a matter of preference :)

Reactions: dgcruzing

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
FC..
Understand the thought pattern..and search is a good thing.. also I did spend a good 10 mins scrolling back through posts..

but we also have come along way since some of those threads..

What I would like to know from music buffs is how is the batt life now on ICS with the new programs.

And which new ones haven hit the market that are better then a year ago..

So for my own experience. Today I did a road trip, had Winamp playing and teethering for about 6 hours..batt was down to about 44% by the end of it.

sent from yet another MikG HTC Evo

Last edited:

topolovich

Mar 2, 2012
Rotnem
EDIT: I am speaking solely from the standpoint of an audiophile.. if you prefer convenience and the ability to modify album art, id3tags, etc. then PowerAmp has proven to be a little better.. PlayerPro is good with the album art too.. possibly better.. imho it's a toss up between those two (PowerAmp and PlayerPro for music organization and customization).. if you only care about the actual music that is playing then Neutron is your friend.. it has professional grade 32-bit audio rendering.. and is really made for high end devices.. our "trannies" (still love that) would certainly meet those criteria..

Neutron MP hands down.. there is literally no comparison.. you might have to tweak it for a while, but it is unbelievable.. I will be in heaven when SuperCurio has Voodoo stable in ICS.. i might switch all of my audio work onto my tablet when Voodoo is ready..

- One man gathers what another man spills...

Last edited:

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
EDIT: I am speaking solely from the standpoint of an audiophile.. if you prefer convenience and the ability to modify album art, id3tags, etc. then PowerAmp has proven to be a little better.. PlayerPro is good with the album art too.. possibly better.. imho it's a toss up between those two (PowerAmp and PlayerPro for music organization and customization).. if you only care about the actual music that is playing then Neutron is your friend.. it has professional grade 32-bit audio rendering.. and is really made for high end devices.. our "trannies" (still love that) would certainly meet those criteria..

Neutron MP hands down.. there is literally no comparison.. you might have to tweak it for a while, but it is unbelievable.. I will be in heaven when SuperCurio has Voodoo stable in ICS.. i might switch all of my audio work onto my tablet when Voodoo is ready..

I used to be a PowerAmp enthusiast and would not recommend anything else. I am currently trying Neutron and OMFG!!!!!!!!! this thing is amazing it's an absolute beast when payday comes I'm getting off the trial and going full version.

Best sound quality I have ever had on my TF hands down

Any other players you recommend or (off topic) any for the pc you would recommend with the same kind of quality??

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

topolovich

Mar 2, 2012
Rotnem
I used to be a PowerAmp enthusiast and would not recommend anything else. I am currently trying Neutron and OMFG!!!!!!!!! this thing is amazing it's an absolute beast when payday comes I'm getting off the trial and going full version.

Best sound quality I have ever had on my TF hands down

Any other players you recommend or (off topic) any for the pc you would recommend with the same kind of quality??

Isn't Neutron amazing? I love it! It takes a while to get used to, but it is hands down the best player on the market.

As far as PC apps go, I love Foobar2000. It's another app that can take a long time to get used to, but you can do amazing things with it. Head-fi.org has some pretty good info on it as well as setups you can download.

Also, to compliment those apps, you need some good cans. I actually prefer earbuds, but the point is the same. I'm not sure how much money you have, but I will assume that you are like me and you like nice things, but don't necessarily love spending entire paychecks on them. To that end, here's a nice brand not many people know about for headphones - Nuforce (http://www.nuforce.com/hp/reviews-headphones.php). Grab a set of those (V-Moda and Shure are awesome too) and use them with Neutron or Foobar2000. You will hear sounds you never knew existed.

Cheers..

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
Isn't Neutron amazing? I love it! It takes a while to get used to, but it is hands down the best player on the market.

As far as PC apps go, I love Foobar2000. It's another app that can take a long time to get used to, but you can do amazing things with it. Head-fi.org has some pretty good info on it as well as setups you can download.

Also, to compliment those apps, you need some good cans. I actually prefer earbuds, but the point is the same. I'm not sure how much money you have, but I will assume that you are like me and you like nice things, but don't necessarily love spending entire paychecks on them. To that end, here's a nice brand not many people know about for headphones - Nuforce (http://www.nuforce.com/hp/reviews-headphones.php). Grab a set of those (V-Moda and Shure are awesome too) and use them with Neutron or Foobar2000. You will hear sounds you never knew existed.

Cheers..

It's the best and should get advertised alot more people need to know about it!!

Also on the website it mentions 64-bit real time rendering aswell as the 32 but im guessing this is only for devices with neon???? Would love to have that on the tf but 32 is also great.

I did use Foobar2000 for awhile but the UI I just could not live with. I tried winamp meh wasn't that great :D then tried Music bee currently im on music bee because I cannot for the life of me find anything that sounds better with a nice UI.

I contemplated J-River and the J-Player plugin but could not justify the price of either.

I currently use a pair of sennheiser headphones and was considering a pair of klipsch headphones but they where to expensive for now.

Just had a look at the NE-700x Nuforce headphones and a couple reviews they seem like an amazing set for the price. Are these the ones you have?
Also there is only one distributor in NewZealand and his website does not show the 700's I will ask if he can import but if not I may have to ask you or someone else if I can send money for them plus shipping just to get them to my country.

EDIT: NZ IS USELESS!!!!!! I spoke to the nz importer who does not stock them :(

Thanks

Last edited:

topolovich

Mar 2, 2012
Rotnem
It's the best and should get advertised alot more people need to know about it!!

Also on the website it mentions 64-bit real time rendering aswell as the 32 but im guessing this is only for devices with neon???? Would love to have that on the tf but 32 is also great.

I did use Foobar2000 for awhile but the UI I just could not live with. I tried winamp meh wasn't that great :D then tried Music bee currently im on music bee because I cannot for the life of me find anything that sounds better with a nice UI.

I contemplated J-River and the J-Player plugin but could not justify the price of either.

I currently use a pair of sennheiser headphones and was considering a pair of klipsch headphones but they where to expensive for now.

Just had a look at the NE-700x Nuforce headphones and a couple reviews they seem like an amazing set for the price. Are these the ones you have?
Also there is only one distributor in NewZealand and his website does not show the 700's I will ask if he can import but if not I may have to ask you or someone else if I can send money for them plus shipping just to get them to my country.

EDIT: NZ IS USELESS!!!!!! I spoke to the nz importer who does not stock them :(

Thanks

I actually got mine from Amazon. I believe they come from NuForce, but Amazon ships them. They came pretty quickly too so I'm guessing Amazon keeps a couple laying around. And yes, I got the NE-700x. From what I hear they are all good though. They have a $25 pair on Amazon that are pretty good too.

Here's the 700x link:

http://www.amazon.com/NuForce-NE-70...NDDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335582059&sr=8-1

And yeah, Foobar is not the greatest from a UI perspective. I have a bunch of sweet skins for it from deviantart. They actually do wonders for it. I love that player, but when I get a new laptop or new headphones I don't like spending hours tweaking everything so it's just right. There is literally too much you can do with it!

Anyway, good luck with the search and PM me if you need anything...

Cheers..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I hate being "that guy" but if you do a quick search for "best music player" in this subforum you will find a few older threads discussing this. I think PowerAMP is pretty popular. I personally also like ³ ("cubed") which has pretty cool features. Then there's the N7 player which has a very unique UI. At the end of days it's a matter of preference :)