Safestrap vs unlocked boot loader thoughts

Search This thread

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
Two days ago I switched back to my Verizon Moto X from my nexus 5 after figuring out that Sprint and T-Mobile are unbearable in my area. I'm rooted on 4.4 and am getting the update push. So I was thinking is it even worth unlocking the boot loader if I am perfectly happy with stock Moto ROM and kernel and just use safestrap so I don't lose system write?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
I guess what I was getting at is the $40 worth it if I don't care about Cyanogenmod etc.

Danzoman

Oct 9, 2010
Columbia SC
I already rooted and got write protection nuked I'm just sitting on 4.4 planning my next move. Right now I'm using gravity box but if I'm going to use safestrap I might as well flash Eclipse it looks perfect.I can avoid xposed as well.

roweboat56

Jan 22, 2014
Milwaukee
honestly I had the same question a few days ago and I went ahead and simply had my bootloader unlocked by that Chinese guy.

I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing anything is absolutely stable system wise when switching to 4.4.2 instead of "maybe" everything working alright.

This way too, if going forward android is updated again, it will be easy to side-load or even take an OTA; versus safestrap and/or 4.2.2 root method may not work at all or cause more issues in the future.

I guess what i'm getting at is, the unlocked bootloader will guarantee the longevity of my moto X

my 2 cents :good:

Reactions: Danzoman
D

Darth

You may be stuck on 4.4 forever if you want proper root.

And when official updates end for the X, roms will keep it updated....losing Moto features maybe, but without root....you'll still be stuck.

Doesn't seem like a lot of money to avoid all that. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    honestly I had the same question a few days ago and I went ahead and simply had my bootloader unlocked by that Chinese guy.

I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing anything is absolutely stable system wise when switching to 4.4.2 instead of "maybe" everything working alright.

This way too, if going forward android is updated again, it will be easy to side-load or even take an OTA; versus safestrap and/or 4.2.2 root method may not work at all or cause more issues in the future.

I guess what i'm getting at is, the unlocked bootloader will guarantee the longevity of my moto X

my 2 cents :good: