Evo 3d (CDMA) rom flashing issue

Search This thread

Tip14

Aug 18, 2010
Hello guys I'm looking to get some help, and a point in the right direction as to what I need to do to flash roms on my Evo 3d. Currently the phone is rooted and is S-off with an unlocked boot loader. The boot loader is version 1.58. The recovery I using is 4EXT. I have tried flashing several roms including Evervole, Pacman, and the newer cm11 port based of ASAP rocky (I'm not sure of the name). Every time I flash the roms through recovery I data wipe and factory reset like you should do. The roms will install, but I can never get them to boot. They will just go to the logo screen and fail to load up. They don't boot loop they just fail to start. I have left them running for more than 10 minutes several times and no luck. What is the issue, and what am I'm doing incorrectly? Thank you for your help!!!

Tip14

Aug 18, 2010
Just for clarification

Rooted
S-off
Unlocked boot loader
4xet recovery
H boot 1.58
Jbear boot loader from using the wire trick.

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Evo 3D or V ? Find stock ruu and flash. it fixes boot issues. Also try a stable custom rom

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

Tip14

Aug 18, 2010
Evo 3d on sprint. I flashed the stock ruu in order to do the s-off wire trick. I have a back up of that in my recovery. I just did that today. If I redo the ruu will I loose the s-off?

Tip14

Aug 18, 2010
Okay thank you for that. Is there anyway I can downgrade my h boot? I tried using a file that you place on the root of your sd card and boot into the boot loader and it flashes it in order to downgrade the h boot. But the Rom still will not boot.

Last edited:

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
if you Put different hboot, you may need to reflash rom

Sent from my DOWNGRADED EVO 3D

Tip14

Aug 18, 2010
Okay gotcha. So what is needed in order to run the newer jelly bean, and Kitkat roms?

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
You need hboot 1.50 or lower
The op will usually say what hboot to run.

After you change hboot
Reboot to recovery
Wipe all partitions except SD card
Reboot recovery
Then wipe again
Now flash new ROM / gapps
Reboot and enjoy

Make sure you move or rename the pg86img.zip when you are done, it will save you a headache later

Sent from my Evo V 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Tip14

Tip14

Aug 18, 2010
Thanks for your help hossman!!! It worked like a charm. I appreciate you guys helping a noob like me get my Evo up and running!

Reactions: hossman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The roms you tried to flash need hboot 1.50

1.58 will only work for ICS roms

You do not need to do the ruu again

You need hboot 1.50 or lower
    The op will usually say what hboot to run.

After you change hboot
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe all partitions except SD card
    Reboot recovery
    Then wipe again
    Now flash new ROM / gapps
    Reboot and enjoy

Make sure you move or rename the pg86img.zip when you are done, it will save you a headache later

Thanks for your help hossman!!! It worked like a charm. I appreciate you guys helping a noob like me get my Evo up and running!