[4.4.4]Kit Kat 4.4.4 OTA Patch

Search This thread

TheDevSquad

Jul 10, 2014
Consider this a gift from an incognito XDA Droid Maxx Dev here

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Due to new account restrictions copy the link and paste it. Then remove the space between H and st

Further info the file is named after the version you are coming from. Not the version you are going to

Warning for locked bootlooaders: This will re-enable write protection. This will break root unless you enable SU survival mode.

Link 1:
d-h. st/6hv

Mirror:
dropbox. com/s/wzzlhwb4oso4ofx/Blur_Version.19.6.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-10-11-42-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-10-11-42-47.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 2,168
Last edited:

lanyao1920

Jun 29, 2010
Great, is it possible to upgrade with unofficial recovery like safestrap? Will try later back home

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

bwheelies

Dec 6, 2010
The file name says mobgenie apk. That can't be right.

Edit: mirror worked. Thanks

Last edited:

Just_Jim

Mar 3, 2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you

I still have an unlocked bootloader (thanks to the chinaman) and root (thanks to twrp)

I have a Droid Mini XT1030

Reactions: choppacha01

thetoolbox

Nov 29, 2012
OTA patch snag

Whether I attempt the patch via the OTA push or via the download => stock recovery, I'm hitting a snag and getting the message "system/build.prop has unexpected contents".

I'm rooted and unlocked. Only other mod is Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3.

Any suggestions as to the root cause and/or a workaround? Thanks in advance!

rmjones2006

Sep 16, 2013
birmingham
Whether I attempt the patch via the OTA push or via the download => stock recovery, I'm hitting a snag and getting the message "system/build.prop has unexpected contents".

I'm rooted and unlocked. Only other mod is Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3.

Any suggestions as to the root cause and/or a workaround? Thanks in advance!
Replace the build.prop you used for the tether hack with the original build.prop

thetoolbox

Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for the advice regarding the original build.prop file. I've reviewed the directions for Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3 and I'm not seeing a step where build.prop is backed-up or modified, so I'm stumped regarding how to replace the current modified build.prop with the original.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or help. Thanks again.

rmjones2006

Sep 16, 2013
birmingham
Thanks for the advice regarding the original build.prop file. I've reviewed the directions for Native Tether for Kit Kat 19.5.3 and I'm not seeing a step where build.prop is backed-up or modified, so I'm stumped regarding how to replace the current modified build.prop with the original.

Sorry didn't notice the .5. If it's saying there is an issue with the build.prop file then you will have to replace it. I'll see if I can find it and send you a link.

You may also have to delete the vzwentitlementservice.apk that you downloaded and placed in priv-app and rename the old ones, deleting the .bak

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

check your PM

Last edited:

stang6790

May 26, 2010
Franklin
Sorry didn't notice the .5. If it's saying there is an issue with the build.prop file then you will have to replace it. I'll see if I can find it and send you a link.

You may also have to delete the vzwentitlementservice.apk that you downloaded and placed in priv-app and rename the old ones, deleting the .bak

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

check your PM

Would it be possible for you to send me the stock build prop also. I thought I renamed it correctly but now it will not boot and if I try to install the update it says the build.prop is missing. I'm guessing I will have to try to push the build prop it with adb if I can figure out how. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Consider this a gift from an incognito XDA Droid Maxx Dev here

FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Due to new account restrictions copy the link and paste it. Then remove the space between H and st

Further info the file is named after the version you are coming from. Not the version you are going to

Warning for locked bootlooaders: This will re-enable write protection. This will break root unless you enable SU survival mode.

Link 1:
    d-h. st/6hv

Mirror:
    dropbox. com/s/wzzlhwb4oso4ofx/Blur_Version.19.6.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US.zip
    I've noticed better speeds since the update.

10519245_909030269726_1916652281_n.jpg
    I'm not sure what is different. I see the isis app is new. but I cant run it. I get an error about being rooted. I am not having any problems so far. does anyone know of a new wifi hack yet?

I though maybe the screen was refreshing a hair faster. If would be nice if crome could hold a home page.
    You need the WiFi tether hack if you are on ART like I am and can't run xposed. Topsnake released another update for the WiFi hack easier today
    Maxx Update

I am running a Droid Maxx rooted with w/p off and locked bootloader. I think I am just going to put this one on hold until someone figures out how to keep w/p disabled as I am NOT going to have the wretched DDRRROIIIDDD boot sound coming back.
    Would it be possible for you to send me the stock build prop also. I thought I renamed it correctly but now it will not boot and if I try to install the update it says the build.prop is missing. I'm guessing I will have to try to push the build prop it with adb if I can figure out how. Thanks
    It would be easier to FXZ back to 19.6.3 and deleted the data erase command in the fxz. That will replace the system and build.prop while keeping all apps and data