Turn off notification for battery fully charged

Search This thread

Cyber Warrior

I noticed on my Verizon G3 the other night that after the battery reaches 100% that the phone then continues to notify you with a vibration and a tone about every 10 seconds.. very annoying. Clearing the notification does not make it go away.. the only thing you can do is unplug. This is very annoying especially if you're like me and leave your phone charging all night long. It also turns the screen on for a few seconds every time the notification goes off.

I checked my wife's Sprint model and noticed she doesn't have this problem. Anyone else notice this and what model do you have? ...and have you found a solution?

For now I've been keeping my phone in a drawer so it doesn't wake me but Im thinking about putting it on an outlet with a timer.. Im assuming because this is not an AMOLED screen that we do not have to worry about screen burn in? or do we?

I've submitted a request to @P_Toti to hopefully get a mod to disable this using the G3 TweaksBox app.

Cyber Warrior

You can download Light Manager and turn it off.

Light Manager is for the notification light. Whats happening is the phone vibrates, makes a tone, and turns the screen on every 10 seconds or so.

I noticed last night that it does eventually stop notifying after a while.. I think. I plugged in around 11pm.. some time around 4am it woke me up, I continued to monitor the notification trigger every ~10 seconds for about an hour.. I finally put it in the drawer so I can get some sleep.. when I woke up around 9am I noticed it was no longer notifying me every ~10 seconds that the battery was charged. So I'm not sure what's going on. I have my Verizon model and my wife's Sprint model (which doesn't have this problem) both using the same type of usb cable, charger and wall outlet so I know its not a low power issue coming from the charger.

Light Manager is for the notification light. Whats happening is the phone vibrates, makes a tone, and turns the screen on every 10 seconds or so.

I noticed last night that it does eventually stop notifying after a while.. I think. I plugged in around 11pm.. some time around 4am it woke me up, I continued to monitor the notification trigger every ~10 seconds for about an hour.. I finally put it in the drawer so I can get some sleep.. when I woke up around 9am I noticed it was no longer notifying me every ~10 seconds that the battery was charged. So I'm not sure what's going on. I have my Verizon model and my wife's Sprint model (which doesn't have this problem) both using the same type of usb cable, charger and wall outlet so I know its not a low power issue coming from the charger.

My guess for the multiple notifications - it charges to full, vibrates and beeps to let you know the battery is full, which lowers the battery just a tad...and it recharges 10 seconds later, once again vibrating and beeping, which again lowers the battery...lather, rinse, repeat.

My G3 does it as well - irritating as hell. Even in silent mode it briefly turns on the screen when it reaches fully charged. I woke up last night to find my G3 turning on and off in a 2-second loop. The screen was like a slow-motion strobe light.

I hope someone finds a way to turn off the stupid battery charged notifications...

WickR1

Dec 2, 2011
Mine does this too. Woke me up last night. I'd like to know how to make it stop besides throwing it on silent and turning it upside down.

Cyber Warrior

So I just noticed last night that putting the phone on quite mode or silent works.. not sure why I didnt try that before.. guess it was because someone mentioned earlier that it didnt work for them. So thats my solution for now.. still would like to see some kind of Xposed mod for this.

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
Putting on silent isn't a good solution. What if there is a family emergency, etc. Some people are on call and cant do this either. I really cant believe LG implemented this without the option to disable it.

Would be great to identify what service is controlling that and maybe removing or blocking it under root mode.

Cyber Warrior

Putting on silent isn't a good solution. What if there is a family emergency, etc. Some people are on call and cant do this either. I really cant believe LG implemented this without the option to disable it.

Would be great to identify what service is controlling that and maybe removing or blocking it under root mode.
Not silent but quite mode..it allows you to toggle on/off for notifications, calls and notification light. You can also set a white list for allowed contacts in case of emergency.

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
I rooted and found [ /system/media/audio/FullBattery.ogg ] and renamed this audio file. It'll still vibrate, but no sound now. When you long press the notification, it says its part of "System UI" so it looks like its not easily removable.

Reactions: gfunkzero

ReggieSmith

Mar 25, 2011
Hampton, GA
My guess for the multiple notifications - it charges to full, vibrates and beeps to let you know the battery is full, which lowers the battery just a tad...and it recharges 10 seconds later, once again vibrating and beeping, which again lowers the battery...lather, rinse, repeat.

My G3 does it as well - irritating as hell. Even in silent mode it briefly turns on the screen when it reaches fully charged. I woke up last night to find my G3 turning on and off in a 2-second loop. The screen was like a slow-motion strobe light.

I hope someone finds a way to turn off the stupid battery charged notifications...

Crazy thing is that mine JUST started doing this... didn't do it before... VERY annoying..

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Well, that didn't work either.

This appears to be the only solution:

* root
* side load Xposed -- http://xdaforums.com/xposed/xposed-installer-versions-changelog-t2714053
* grab "G3 TweakBox" Xposed module from Play Store and check "Hide Battery Full Notification"

Already have this installed and selected when it started doing it... did a reboot and it seems to have resolved it for now, but I am wondering what caused it to start doing that...

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY

Waggoneer

Dec 13, 2010
Same issue

Same issue occurs for me, so I just wake up and unplug the phone when I get that message. Very annoying though, to not wake up with a full battery.

codified

Jun 16, 2013
This is so annoying, can't believe LG didn't include an option to turn this off. So many of us leave our phones on the charger overnight - so we end up with frequent beeps and vibrations as it charges to 100%, then partially discharges and charges again a few minutes later
Silent mode or quiet mode isn't an option as I need to be able to receive calls for work - I can't whitelist every number that might call me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed on my Verizon G3 the other night that after the battery reaches 100% that the phone then continues to notify you with a vibration and a tone about every 10 seconds.. very annoying. Clearing the notification does not make it go away.. the only thing you can do is unplug. This is very annoying especially if you're like me and leave your phone charging all night long. It also turns the screen on for a few seconds every time the notification goes off.

I checked my wife's Sprint model and noticed she doesn't have this problem. Anyone else notice this and what model do you have? ...and have you found a solution?

For now I've been keeping my phone in a drawer so it doesn't wake me but Im thinking about putting it on an outlet with a timer.. Im assuming because this is not an AMOLED screen that we do not have to worry about screen burn in? or do we?

I've submitted a request to @P_Toti to hopefully get a mod to disable this using the G3 TweaksBox app.
    My T-Mobile D851 does the same crap. So annoying.
    Weird. My T-Mobile version doesn't do that.
    I rooted and found [ /system/media/audio/FullBattery.ogg ] and renamed this audio file. It'll still vibrate, but no sound now. When you long press the notification, it says its part of "System UI" so it looks like its not easily removable.
    Here is the reply from LG

"Thank you so much for contacting LG Electronics USA!

We can understand how frustrated and annoyed you must be about this feature and we would like to help you run this option off, but unfortunately there is no setting or option on the phone were it can be disabled. By the moment thee is no information of when a software update will be released for this model, but whenever an update is released, you will get a notification in your phone.
    I am so sorry to have to disappoint you in this matter and I truly wish I had a more favorable answer for you."

I just got my phone yesterday. After the first full charge I got the confirmation vibrate/beep but the subsequent top up charges were silent once 100% was reached.