[Q] How to install default apps in upgrade

Search This thread

xdashyam

Feb 10, 2014
I would like to know how to install apps in android upgrades like as if it comes factory installed in original phone.

Like if we buy a new phone there are apps as default which cannot be uninstalled, how to run upgrade with select default, uninstallable apps.

I was looking to update the recovery but getting error "signature not verified, whole file" kinda error, how to get over it ?
I have already rooted phone with "super one click" do i need to use moto RSD lite, if yes please send me link for the the 'sbf' file.

thanks in advance

hyip

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
The app you are referring to,are called 'system apps'. If you need to convert an app to system app, use a root explorer and move the apk from /data/apps to /system/apps.
Or you can simply use an app like or /system app mover (play store) to do it automatically.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4

Reactions: xdashyam

xdashyam

Feb 10, 2014
Please help with second part

The app you are referring to,are called 'system apps'. If you need to convert an app to system app, use a root explorer and move the apk from /data/apps to /system/apps.
Or you can simply use an app like or /system app mover (play store) to do it automatically.

Thanks for that:

was looking to update the recovery but getting error "signature not verified, whole file" kinda error, how to get over it ?
Trying with CM10MOD
I have already rooted phone with "super one click" do i need to use moto RSD lite, if yes please send me link for the the 'sbf' file.

Please help me with above.
Using MOTO DEFY plus MB525 already rooted and upgrading from Android 2.2.2

xdashyam

Feb 10, 2014
Another Query

1) Please tell me what other things i can do with this "root explorer"

and

3) Suppose i have installed one app from googleplay in one phone how can i transfer the file to another phone without having to download it again on another android phone

neo.ank

Apr 28, 2011
Root explorer allows you to edit your system files like build.prop, or bootanimation etc. Given you have the proper files to replace. Since it makes the system available for user to edit, should be used carefully or you might soft brick your device.

Though it is not advised to transfer apps(and illegal if you're transferring paid apps to a different account).
There are again two methods for that.
1.) Use root explorer and find the .apk file in data/app. Copy it and paste it on your sdcard. Transfer it to the other phone. Then open it using any file explorer.

2.) If you want to move apps in bulk, use an app like mybackup root, or titanium backup and make a backup of your apps. Find the backup file and copy it to other device. Then use the same app to restore your bckup.

Reactions: xdashyam

xdashyam

Feb 10, 2014
Please help with this:

Please help with this:

was looking to update the recovery but getting error "signature not verified, whole file" kinda error, how to get over it ?
Trying with CM10MOD

Please help me with above.
Using MOTO DEFY plus MB525 already rooted and upgrading from Android 2.2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Root explorer allows you to edit your system files like build.prop, or bootanimation etc. Given you have the proper files to replace. Since it makes the system available for user to edit, should be used carefully or you might soft brick your device.

Though it is not advised to transfer apps(and illegal if you're transferring paid apps to a different account).
    There are again two methods for that.
    1.) Use root explorer and find the .apk file in data/app. Copy it and paste it on your sdcard. Transfer it to the other phone. Then open it using any file explorer.

2.) If you want to move apps in bulk, use an app like mybackup root, or titanium backup and make a backup of your apps. Find the backup file and copy it to other device. Then use the same app to restore your bckup.