Hope we get Watch Styler app

Search This thread

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Love changing watch faces on my Gear one and will like this watch styler app on our Gear Live watches. Go to gearfaces.com to check out some of the incredible themes.

Ian B

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
From what I understand the roms are being built by google and not samsung. So I am almost certain there will be a ton of watch faces and styler apps that will be created for all android wear devices. As much as I like my Samsung gear watch there are very limited faces and the styler app for it drains the battery super fast. I hope this wont be the case for android wear.

Last edited:

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
From what I understand the roms are being built by google and not samsung. So I am almost certain there will be a ton of watch faces and styler apps that will be created for all android wear devices. As much as I like my Samsung gear watch there are very limited faces and the styler app for it drains the battery super fast. I hope this wont be the case for android wear.

watchface API is now rolled out iirc, there's even a couple watchface apps in the market (or so it claims, haven't tested it out). Just found this one too: BCD Clock for Android Wear. I would suggest this google+ group for details, is where I found the above app.

watchface API is now rolled out iirc, there's even a couple watchface apps in the market (or so it claims, haven't tested it out). Just found this one too: BCD Clock for Android Wear. I would suggest this google+ group for details, is where I found the above app.

To my knowledge there isn't a public watchface API out yet. You can create really basic watchfaces, however unless you use a system certificate or the keystore used to sign the launcher you are unable to access the clockwork service. In turn this means you can't change the top card peak, or the status bar gravity. I played around with this quite a bit today extracting and decompiling the Samsung watch faces and ended up at the same place as Marcus Stahre with my watchface constantly force closing. (https://github.com/togi/android-wear-watchface)

Top Liked Posts