Rezound - Issues List

Search This thread

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
For all those lucky enough to have their hands on a Rezound, please post any problems you are noticing (dropping calls, bad bluetooth, rebooting, etc).

SERIOUS Widespread (A lot of people seem to be speaking up) Issues:

1) Heat Issues (130+ degrees)
2) Dead Pixels

Other Widespread (A lot of people seem to be speaking up) Issues:

1) Since the SD Card now shows as "SD Card 2" many apps which do not know to look for that as the true SD card will not find items on your SD Card.
2) Birthday integration from facebook (birthday in the people app shows a day early) [SAME AS ON INCREDIBLE]
4) A high pitched whine while listening to music through headphones [MANY people have this]
5) The soft buttons turn pink

Other Raised Issues But May Be User/Phone Specific Rather than Common:

1) Notification sounds change seemingly at random
2) Light leakage on the bottom underneath the capacative buttons

If you are having any problems, please head over to:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359862

and post your problem and your manufacture date/batch number. Maybe we can figure out if these are just for a specific batch of phones.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bob-o

Nov 14, 2010
Not sure if its supposed to go out, but my red soft keys dont stay lit, or light up sometimes. I think i may just be looking at them wanting them to glow? When i first saw them, i wasnt gonna get it. It bothered me that much. But when they light up, it is not bothersome at all. I really like it. Glad i just bought it and didnt let my mind get set against it. As i type this, they are out. Not sure if its sone sort or battery saving thing? They aeem to light up randomly?
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Reactions: Mechadan

Bob-o

Nov 14, 2010
I think turning off the 4g radio helps this phone a lot. Under networks, go into network settings then preferred and you can set it to cdma or lte/cdma.

Reactions: douger1957

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
My battery is great. I was in a 4g area tonight for 3 hours. Sittin idle in pockey only to check a few texts and one 3 minute call, i lost 9% of my battery. The 4g on the rezound can be turned off and use 3g only, even in a 4g area

basically you didn't really do much of anything with the phone in that time. id like to see much battery drain there is with it constantly using 4g data w/ the screen on the whole time, for 3 hours. my Thunderbolt would die before the 3 hour mark(stock battery).

Last edited:

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Batteries can be replaced with extended batteries. While very important, would still like to hear if there are reboot problems or Bluetooth problems or anything else.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
Not sure if its supposed to go out, but my red soft keys dont stay lit, or light up sometimes. I think i may just be looking at them wanting them to glow? When i first saw them, i wasnt gonna get it. It bothered me that much. But when they light up, it is not bothersome at all. I really like it. Glad i just bought it and didnt let my mind get set against it. As i type this, they are out. Not sure if its sone sort or battery saving thing? They aeem to light up randomly?

nah, just like on the incredible, they work based off ambient light. tunr off all lights or cover the area by the ear piece, they'll come on. turn on a light and put the phone under said light, they'll turn off. :)

Reactions: Bob-o

Bob-o

Nov 14, 2010
nah, just like on the incredible, they work based off ambient light. tunr off all lights or cover the area by the ear piece, they'll come on. turn on a light and put the phone under said light, they'll turn off. :)

Dude, you made my day. They work fine. Used to always on. Thanks

Reactions: jayochs

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
My battery is great. I was in a 4g area tonight for 3 hours. Sittin idle in pockey only to check a few texts and one 3 minute call, i lost 9% of my battery. The 4g on the rezound can be turned off and use 3g only, even in a 4g area

Awesome. With 4G off I am sure it can be manageable. Can't wait to get this phone in 2 weeks.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
no prob man..haha on some of the later sense 2/3 hybrid incredible roms, devs couldnt figure out how to turn them off and use the ambient light sensor....so they were stuck on lol

believe me, when i first got my inc, i had no idea why it did that either until someone explained it to me too :)

Mechadan

Nov 10, 2011
I have the same issue.
Doesn't work quite that way for me, to be honest. I was sitting outside in the dark tonight, and they would just not come on sometimes. Most frequently, when I unlocked the phone and explored the home screen, they would stay off. But sitting here now, in a lit room, they do the same thing. Let the phone sit for a bit, and on they come. Weird.

It does seem like an issue to me. Just an annoyance.

Have not tried Bluetooth functionality yet. No random reboots yet. Had trouble getting Wifi to work at the house. Turns out I put the wrong MAC address in my wireless router MAC filter list. User error on that one.

---------- Post added 12th November 2011 at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 11th November 2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

Not sure if this is worth it's own thread... guess I'll just post it here. I've heard some questions elsewhere about weight. I weighed the Thunderbolt and Rezound. Here are the weights I measured.

Rezound - 170 g.
Thunderbolt - 195 g.

So the Rezound is still a hefty boy. Not as hefty as the Thunderbolt, though.

Last edited:

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
They do, I bet if he covered it with his finger it'd go on, then go off when directly next to a light (each for several seconds).

A problem is often HTC's settings for ambient light aren't the best, and they won't go on at a relatively dark area because there is a light off in the distance that it picks up.

I do believe there is a few second delay after determining if it's dark or light, so that it doesn't rapidly flicker when changing from light to dark areas.

My HTC incredible did the same thing, and the TB did too. No surprise to hear this

Mechadan

Nov 10, 2011
One other thing about the capacitive buttons. Unless I have defective ones, they aren't exactly "red" when lit up. They look more like hot pink.

Personally, I don't mind. I roll with a green theme, and the pink is a nice subtle clash to the green and complement to the black bezel. If you're unlike me and are afraid of sporting a phone with pink buttons when it's lit up, I guess this should worry you.

Mechadan

Nov 10, 2011
hmm..all the videos i've seen looked red..interesting.

maybe that'll be like the ol famous 'pink hue' problem from our amoled incs! haha osme had it, some didn't
I think most pics posted online show it in the unlit state, where there is definitely a dark red color. I guess when lit, it's more like Magenta than pink... if you can tell the difference.

Reactions: jayochs

wil2bm

Aug 12, 2011
Odds are I'm the only one curious but, how's the quality on the earbuds that come with the phone?

Are they comparable to any of the models they sell?

Also as of now does it seem like most developers are holding out for the nexus? Seems to be the impression I am getting - sticking to my Thunderbolt for now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all those lucky enough to have their hands on a Rezound, please post any problems you are noticing (dropping calls, bad bluetooth, rebooting, etc).

SERIOUS Widespread (A lot of people seem to be speaking up) Issues:

1) Heat Issues (130+ degrees)
    2) Dead Pixels

Other Widespread (A lot of people seem to be speaking up) Issues:

1) Since the SD Card now shows as "SD Card 2" many apps which do not know to look for that as the true SD card will not find items on your SD Card.
    2) Birthday integration from facebook (birthday in the people app shows a day early) [SAME AS ON INCREDIBLE]
    4) A high pitched whine while listening to music through headphones [MANY people have this]
    5) The soft buttons turn pink

Other Raised Issues But May Be User/Phone Specific Rather than Common:

1) Notification sounds change seemingly at random
    2) Light leakage on the bottom underneath the capacative buttons

If you are having any problems, please head over to:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359862

and post your problem and your manufacture date/batch number. Maybe we can figure out if these are just for a specific batch of phones.

Thanks!
    /me waits for people to start complaining about battery life

i spent the entire day today at work checking EVERY SINGLE rezound in stock for pink buttons lol....had 4 out of 12..not bad. so i took those 4 and returned them lol :cool:
    K something that annoys me is that I get a light blue daytime background even though it's midnight because it's cloudy outside. This is on the weather lock screen BTW . I was really hoping they had fixed that in ICS, maybe it will be fixed on the OTA, but probably not.