Framework Folder

Tiny's One_V Port so far:
(Boots to the Bootanimation.)

Here is my logcat, maybe someone can figure it out. I'm taking a break for now:

logcat.txt

My current ROM is below.

sense-ics-inc.zip

Rom Update Utility:

RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_1.68.1400.2_Radio_20 .67.30.0831U_3831.15.00.28_M_release_254948_signed .exe

Run the RUU
Wait a bit until the Rom Update Utility lets you press 'Next.'
Don't press 'Next' though,
Go to your Start Menu > Run > type in %temp%
Now sort the folder by 'Date.'
The first folder will be the folder that has a 'rom.zip' inside of it inside of the 2nd folder.

HTC_One_V_Ramdisk:

V_Ramdisk Download

Last edited:

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Porting a ROM is one thing, porting a kernel is something else entirely.

If you've never done a port, look up wildstang83 porting guide. It'll at least point you in the right direction.

Reactions: htccraze

Tribulattifather

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
I'd like to help you out with this project if you need it. There is a port of this on the DHD forums so maybe we can learn something from it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1545595

I thought of that too. But since the DInc is a 'QSD' (1000Mhz Qualcomm Snapdragon) and the Desire HD and the Desire S are 'MSM' (Mobile Station) We can't use their ports to help us :/

Being that the DInc is a qsd8k (8650 to be exact) we'll need to keep an eye out for ports with the same processor.. Oh man I wish the old Desire could get a port of this, lol. We'd have no problem at all..

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Saw nobody was getting this started.

I am currently working on it a bit but I defenitley need help compiling a kernel.

Rom Update Utility:

RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_1.56.401.1_Radio_20.66.30.0831U_3831

(For the newbies)

Run the RUU
The first folder will be the folder that has a 'rom.zip' inside of it inside of the 2nd folder.

Kernel Source:

HTC Sensation XE (HTC Europe) - ICS CRC - 3.0.16 kernel source code

Look at the 9th one in the list :)

I hope that we can get this working for our DInc's.

kernel source wont help you at all for the 3.xx kernel from other htc phones, so dont bother

i ported sense 4 to the inc 2 (admittedly a lot easier cuz its msm7x30 which most of the ports are) and will give it a shot on my og inc time permitting

see inc2 port here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1553357

the hacked .35 kernels from your ics aosp roms *should* be good (only need zimage) and then we d have to hack up the ramdisk from the htc one to work well enough to boot

2012oasis

Mar 15, 2012
I'd like to help if needed, have a lot of experience with ics on Og EVO don't have a inc but been working on sense4.0 Og port and kernel for a bit now..(same chipset) let me know.

Sent from my HTC OneX using xda premium

Reactions: Tribulattifather

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
I'd like to help if needed, have a lot of experience with ics on Og EVO don't have a inc but been working on sense4.0 Og port and kernel for a bit now..(same chipset) let me know.

Sent from my HTC OneX using xda premium

Well, we're at a standpoint of figuring out which files need to be added/edited from the One_v ramdisk so we can make a working kernel.

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
Well, we're at a standpoint of figuring out which files need to be added/edited from the One_v ramdisk so we can make a working kernel.

can you get a logcat or pm me a ROM link? I'd like to look. No guarantees of success. Sadly the sense devs that could figure it out I think have left the incredible.

Also a working ramdisk still doesn't mean the kernel is good. The kernel may need some changes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
I'm uploading now. Been busy all day.

I think the only way that an HWA enabled AOSP ICS kernel will work is if we figure out which parts of the ramdisk we'll need to add to it.

I have the Ramdisk extracted and uploaded on the OP if you need it.

Edit: Upload at 38% - I have a terrible connection speed for upload bandwith, which is at 49Kb/s..

Last edited:

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I'm uploading now. Been busy all day.

I think the only way that an HWA enabled AOSP ICS kernel will work is if we figure out which parts of the ramdisk we'll need to add to it.

I have the Ramdisk extracted and uploaded on the OP if you need it.

Edit: Upload at 38% - I have a terrible connection speed for upload bandwith, which is at 49Kb/s..

I'm actually stabbing in the dark as much as you. Never messed much with roms. I'm more of a troubleshooter rather than a rom/kernel chef. I find tweaks and adapt for my kernels. But I noticed there's no init.inc.rc in that ramdisk. Other than that my mind's dead so I'll have to look tomorrow/this weekend.

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
I apologize for the delay in posting the port link. You'll have to forgive my internet. But, I assure you that the download is as fast as I can get it with my own server that I use.

EDIT: Port is on the next page --->

Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page - This port is NOT a working port.

It will flash to the DInc and it will install properly but it does not boot. And it is obvious why, lol, because we are still missing the piece to the puzzle to make a working kernel.

I hope that this will give you what you need to get this project I started the thrust in the right direction.

As for my method thus far, I am using the zImage from and AOSP ICS port with Ramdisk parts from the One_V.

Post Script - Today is my third year anniversary being apart of XDA. And I can only hope many more years to come.

CHEERS ALL!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tell you what guys ill boot this thing for you but you guys will have to support it... I have way to much going on right now to support it, but I will boot it if you want?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Original APP folder from most current leak::

App Folder

Original Framework folder from most current leak::

Framework Folder

Tiny's One_V Port so far:
    (Boots to the Bootanimation.)

Here is my logcat, maybe someone can figure it out. I'm taking a break for now:

logcat.txt

My current ROM is below.

sense-ics-inc.zip

Rom Update Utility:

RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_1.68.1400.2_Radio_20 .67.30.0831U_3831.15.00.28_M_release_254948_signed .exe

Run the RUU

HTC_One_V_Ramdisk:

V_Ramdisk Download
    Whats up guys!! It's been a long time.
    I apologize for the delay in posting the port link. You'll have to forgive my internet. But, I assure you that the download is as fast as I can get it with my own server that I use.

EDIT: Port is on the next page --->

Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page - This port is NOT a working port.

It will flash to the DInc and it will install properly but it does not boot. And it is obvious why, lol, because we are still missing the piece to the puzzle to make a working kernel.

I hope that this will give you what you need to get this project I started the thrust in the right direction.

As for my method thus far, I am using the zImage from and AOSP ICS port with Ramdisk parts from the One_V.

Post Script - Today is my third year anniversary being apart of XDA. And I can only hope many more years to come.

CHEERS ALL!
    If I get time this week ill take a look at this... But I'm almost 90% sure it'll never boot on the older hw.... If it does boot what it will take to boot it will make it so unstable that it won't be usable at all, but ill check it out for you guys

Sent from my OnE XxX using Tapatalk